Overrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

So they don't have a home ground anymore? Irony, the last lot of cubs to not have a home folded. Let us hope history repeats and they are no more/bumped over to qld

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

It was there, it was teetering, it was showing some cheek and gall and putting its GoPro over the edge, it was taking selfies and calling his girlfriend as he held onto it with the same two fingers that he sniffed at a party in Booragoon in summer 2011, but of course it happened: there it goes, pushed right over the edge. Someone's pushed him. He's pushed it too far and now he's killed it!

If I'm going to live a foil hat existence, I'd much rather make myself a moving target.

Caravan or Winnebago?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

TBH, I really don't understand those that wear clothes that are obviously creased, like they've just picked them out of the wash or off the floor, particularly business shirts or on a night out. Just makes someone look like a complete bag of s**t. I mean, how hard is it to iron something, really? I started ironing my own clothes around the same time I started taking showers by myself (as opposed to baths or supervised baths as a little kid) and making my own bed each day, at around 6 years old. Just standard practices to me. No idea how/why people can get to adulthood and still either not do it (out of laziness) or not have a clue how to do it (because someone else has always done it for them). It's like, what were your parents teaching you as a kid?

Yeah but when you're camping, no one expects your clothes to be ******* perfectly folded and ironed - it's such a weird thing to get upset about, considering no one is judging you off your creases on your clothes. @SilentAlarm hasn't done 'real' camping - when you camp properly, you don't have shitfights with friends and stew over it, and don't worry about what your clothes look like.

As for showering, weather and sleep, yeah nah you aren't wrong there, those 3 can turn a nice night into a preview of hell

Yeah but when you're camping, no one expects your clothes to be ******* perfectly folded and ironed - it's such a weird thing to get upset about, considering no one is judging you off your creases on your clothes. @SilentAlarm hasn't done 'real' camping - when you camp properly, you don't have shitfights with friends and stew over it, and don't worry about what your clothes look like.

As for showering, weather and sleep, yeah nah you aren't wrong there, those 3 can turn a nice night into a preview of hell

Camping is a whole different deal. I understand Silent Alarm was talking about that, but I'm talking about regular everyday life.

Caravanning is overrated.

Stick to a hotel or a resort and you won't have to annoy motorists by hogging the road.

On a similar note, staying in backpacker hostels on interstate/overseas holidays.

I know it's cheaper than a hotel room, but I don't want to share a low-class room with other people I don't know, and risk having my things touched/stolen, just to save a couple of bucks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caravanning is overrated.

Stick to a hotel or a resort and you won't have to annoy motorists by hogging the road.
We got a caravan once on Lake Alexandrina. Worst holiday ever, four people in an oversized sardine can, how can that possibly ever work? Never happened again. I'd take camping over caravans and I really hate doing that too.

On a similar note, staying in backpacker hostels on interstate/overseas holidays.

I know it's cheaper than a hotel room, but I don't want to share a low-class room with other people I don't know, and risk having my things touched/stolen, just to save a couple of bucks.

Was at a hostel in Perth (and a quite nice one too at that) about 2009, sharing a room with others, it was that point I realised "I am too old for this s**t".
Cancelled the rest of my booking after a night and moved up the road to a hotel. :thumbsu:

I still stay in hostels tho sometimes (Apollo Bay- Eco Beach is lovely) but make sure they're private rooms, never share.

raises a similar question. what age should one stop wearing footy jumpers to games or outings?
People of all ages wear them to the footy, I don't think it's something that you should necessarily grow out of. It's great seeing a stadium packed with the colours, and seeing people in their team's gear at pubs before/after the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back