Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne will take Lever with one of their picks.
If Lever is available at 4, with Jacksch & Frost leaving, GWS will take him instead of LaVerde.

I don't think so.

McCartin is a much better pick than Lever, especially just coming off a reco.

GWS will probably get Lever at 6 or 7 if they want him. LaVerde is the logical Pick at 4 for them if they want him.

McCartin is a much better pick than Lever, especially just coming off a reco.

McCartin had a poor finish to the year.
There are big queries on his size & body and whether it will cope with the demands of the AFL level.
Many recruiters including the Adelaide, Geelong & WB ones are on record that Moore is a top 3 selection this year.
Pick 5 can be used as a 'project' given this.
I'd have Hine's board reading as this.

1. LaVerde
2. Pickett
3. Ahern
4. Langford
5. Weller.

There are big queries on his size & body and whether it will cope with the demands of the AFL level.

Look, i'm not here to argue back and forth.

Just interested in predicting the Draft.

I think the Top 3 picks are a lock, Petracca, Brayshaw and McCartin.

Pick 4 then becomes the strategic pick, presuming both GWS and Coll want LaVerde. Which i suspect they do.

FWIW, i have:

1. StK Petracca
2. Mel Brayshaw
3. Mel McCartin
4. GWS LaVerde
5. Coll ?????
6. GWS Wright
7. GWS ??????

I think the Top 3 picks are a lock, Petracca, Brayshaw and McCartin.

Nothing is a lock at this stage.
When you have back to back picks, history suggests best available is taken and then a specific target is taken with next pick.
McCartin is in no way a lock in the Top 3.

sorry if its been asked knightmare , have just watched the highlights package afl chucked up of dylan hodge what is he like as a player and is he a genuine chance to be picked up ?

Many recruiters including the Adelaide, Geelong & WB ones are on record that Moore is a top 3 selection this year.
Pick 5 can be used as a 'project' given this.
I'd have Hine's board reading as this.

1. LaVerde
2. Pickett
3. Ahern
4. Langford
5. Weller.

I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS AT ALL, WHERE IS YOUR PROOF ?

I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS AT ALL, WHERE IS YOUR PROOF ?

Hamish Olgive was recently interviewed on 5AA during the combine and stated that about Moore. Is on their twitter feed.
Is some comment about that on this thread.
Simon Dalrymple was also interviewed on Foxtel and said the same thing.

I'm really stuck on who the Pies will take at #5.

I reckon Petracca, Brayshaw and McCartin are the clear top 3 and will go accordingly to Saints and Demons.

Then i reckon the Pies will be super keen to get LaVerde but GWS will know this and LaVerde is perfect for GWS too. Strategically, and because LaVerde is worth it, i have GWS selecting him at #4.

I am then seriously stuck on who Collingwood will then pick. Kinda makes it hard to go ahead with a Phantom lol.

Hine/Rendell....penny for your thoughts?

Since Rendall has been at the Lexus Centre, the Pies have tapped his extensive SA network and gone with Grundy, Kennedy, Broomhead and Scharenburg.

Will they go S.A's Durdin to accompany Moore with the established class of Cloke and Reid?

Can't see them taking Wright, list wise.

#5 seems a bit of a stretch for Wellar, Pickett, Duggan, Langford etc.

Really awkward Draft posi for Hine. Will be a really interesting selection.

I haven't heard anything on GWS having interest in Laverde, but we'll hear more closer to the draft.

In the strange scenario GWS took Laverde probably Weller is the pick for Collingwood. Collingwood like their Queenslanders. Langford could be another possibility. Ahern/Pickett/Duggan would all be in the mix but probably secondary to Weller.

sorry if its been asked knightmare , have just watched the highlights package afl chucked up of dylan hodge what is he like as a player and is he a genuine chance to be picked up ?

I've seen the highlight and seen him play live enough times. Strong bodied marking forward and strong 1v1 in the marking contest. He just isn't quick. Doesn't find much of it. More improvement is required before he gets a chance I would have thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey KM,
Just for fun.
Who have you seen in this year's draft that have made you think "Wow. This kid is definately gonna make it! Put your house on it". Who would you most likely bank on?
In otherwords, which player would most take you by surprise if they somehow turn out to be a bust.

To add to this hypothetical...it can't be any player that made the 'top 10' in your mock draft. E.g Petracca, Brayshaw..

PS. When I say "make it", I mean will become a guaranteed 200 gamer rather than superstar potential.

Last edited:
Promises the world but rarely delivers. Still waiting on my beer for the Dons not making the grand final champ.

Cockatoo clearly going past pick 16 anyway so no need to worry.

Sam Wright still superior to Patrick Ryder champ?

Actually to be honest, I don't give a * anymore.

Dons

So just say we delisted cory dell'olio could we then use 62?
Yeah I'd say so. Presuming after trade week and delistings so far you have 3 spots available and 1 will be taken by Ambrose leaving 2 picks. If you cut another player and you can use another pick and upgrade Ambrose with a later one.

Hey KM,
Just for fun.
Who have you seen in this year's draft that have made you think "Wow. This kid is definately gonna make it! Put your house on it". Who would you most likely bank on?
In otherwords, which player would most take you by surprise if they somehow turn out to be a bust.

To add to this hypothetical...it can't be any player in your top 10 mock draft.

PS. When I say "make it", I mean will become a guaranteed 200 gamer rather than superstar potential.

Heeney..

But other than Heeney of those likely to be taken outside the top 10 I'd be backing Goddard. Assuming played as a key defender and assuming he keeps healthy I can't see him not becoming a 200 gamer. Has the talent, has the physical attributes, has the performances on the board, has the work ethic and leadership qualities. He's my "safe" pick as guaranteed 200 gamer.

When are you going to edit your fonts? Hard to read atm :)

When I get my 50 profiles pretty much complete I'll start a new thread and fix the fonts. Hoping to get the time next weekend.

Also...You (a guys like chris) should get your own Sub forum up the top to archive past drafts. I often go back and read them, and it sucks seeing them buried in the many amateur efforts

It might even be an idea to start a thread - and link all our threads from over the years and just compile it all in the one post and it can be used as a discussion thread/easy navigation for those who want to review what we've had to say over the years.

No. What's ridiculous is that you Dogs didn't have any for years then pay a lumbering rookie $7m. So you probably don't know how it works. We like to play two.
We have Cameron as 1, 2 was Patton who is out for most of the season. 3rd was Boyd who is gone - good riddance.
We have Stewart and McCarthy who are raw.
We also need ruck relief for Mummy because he is crucial and Giles our backup was traded. So we need Wright for that role and McCartin for KPF2.
I find it Soooo funny how now Boyd is gone from your club he is now a lumbering hack....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back