List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

"It's been something I've been thinking about since receiving the phone call from my old man saying he was sick," Beams said.

"It hasn't been a decision I've made in the space of two weeks, it's been something that I've thought about a lot through the year.

"To me my family's everything. My decision was based purely around that and what was going to be best for me, my missus and the rest of my family as well."

Telling coach Nathan Buckley he was "off the bus" was tough, but having the conversation with Magpies president Eddie McGuire was another thing.

"I was more nervous telling Eddie than I was Bucks," Beams said with a chuckle.

"I've been open and transparent with Bucks all through this year with the circumstances regarding my family and stuff.

"So I don't think he was too surprised."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-24/lions-window-is-open-beams

I couldn't find any videos of it with a cursory Google but anyone else fondly remember The Fat, and Australian sports comedy show that had a segment where a couple of comedians posing as reporters would interview footballers and just spout cliches (like Haso's last one there) at some very confused looking young men? Seemed to be mostly Rugby League players from memory so nuance was avoided and extra confusion ladled on generously.
Loved The Fat. I think the 2 you refer to are Ash Bradnam & Lutsy who now do Nova mornings. They used to do the sports reporter thing for a radio programme about 15 years ago. Much funnier than the s**t they do these days.

Loved The Fat. I think the 2 you refer to are Ash Bradnam & Lutsy who now do Nova mornings. They used to do the sports reporter thing for a radio programme about 15 years ago. Much funnier than the s**t they do these days.

Yeah I've thought that too. They used to be really funny. Wonder what happened?

“He (Phillip Beams) is pumped. The whole family is happy. Dad will be at every game, it’s only a 40-minute drive up the highway for him,’’ Beams said.

Beams, a 2010 premiership player and 2012 All-Australian, was always confident the deal would get done to deliver him to Brisbane and said it was “absolutely realistic’’ to talk about the Lions as genuine finals contenders in 2015.

“At Collingwood, I got a taste of what Brisbane is capable of at the end of last season. A few guys have been added to the list now so it’s looking good for the future,’’ Beams said.

“The younger guys are only going to get better and I’m looking forward to working with them.’’

He said it was tough telling Collingwood president Eddie McGuire and Magpies senior coach Nathan Buckley that he wanted to leave the club but had no regrets.

“Collingwood gave me the chance to play in the AFL but footy doesn’t last forever and I wanted to be back around the people I love,’’ he said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...ls-with-new-club/story-e6frf3e3-1227101340092

Reckon those tatts look really good with the maroon, blue and gold.

Love the comment in his press conference in response to Buckley's comments about Collingwood being on a journey and some people don't want to be a part of it and the bus stops............Beams simple comment "I guess I'm off the bus". Go Dayne!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dayne was impressive in his presser. Clearly a very confident and content man. So excited to have him at our club. Seemed very mature and switched on as well. Maybe I didn't expect that from him.

He does smirk quite a bit though. Guess thats the confidence coming out though.

Wonder why he was there in Melb all by himself.. surely the Lions could've sent someone...

I believe some of the Lions media representatives were down there. He wasn't by himself. I imagine he'll be organising his and his girlfriends plans before moving up here for the future. I think he may stay with Ceams while they sort out a house (if they have room of course)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back