Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. Like basketball, I like playing tennis but can't get into watching too much. Used to love it back in the late 80s 90s with guys like Becker, Edberg, McEnroe and even Cash :)

Coming across a game with Edberg v Rafter got me into tennis. :)
IIRC was around 1993/4ish perhaps..

Forgot to mention Rafter. Loved that serve-and-volley game.

My favourite player ever.
Unfortunately i missed the 2001 Wimbledon epic (was working in the middle of nowhere in Michigan at a Summer camp at the time) and also mum made me go to my 8am class in Year 12 the first time he won the US Open. I've never forgiven her for that, I probably watched both on video after the fact, but still it isnt the same as seeing it live.

Well, it doesn't s**t me. I just don't understand it, and I don't understand how people can get so emotionally invested in a game that goes for 90 minutes where there's a chance the final score could be the same as what it started at.
Usually doesn't.

It's like saying that footy games usually have less than a 100 points scored total by both teams.

It happens but not usually.

One thing I noticed from the article was the massive crowd shot photo they included. Not one woman in that crowd, or very few. Yeah good luck taking over with only 50% of the population interested in the sport.
Funny you say that because Saturday, at my favourite shopping destination in all of Melbourne, I saw a group of 6 girls all wearing Melbourne Victory shirts. So quite clearly you are wrong and there are females interested in the local game.

Funny you say that because Saturday, at my favourite shopping destination in all of Melbourne, I saw a group of 6 girls all wearing Melbourne Victory shirts. So quite clearly you are wrong and there are females interested in the local game.

Going by the photo in the article.

:rolleyes:

But good on you for putting me in my place.

The world isnt just what you see walking around a shopping centre either.
While true, it is more real than looking at a 2D picture and deciding then and there that girls are not interested in the game. If you want more confirmation, go to a game.

You'll also find that all soccer clubs tailor their kits to both genders, so if you want a kit that will fit your size and not have to go off male sizes you can.

While true, it is more real than looking at a 2D picture and deciding then and there that girls are not interested in the game. If you want more confirmation, go to a game.

You'll also find that all soccer clubs tailor their kits to both genders, so if you want a kit that will fit your size and not have to go off male sizes you can.

Rather stab out my eyes with a knife than watch that rubbish.

So, no, thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, it doesn't s**t me. I just don't understand it, and I don't understand how people can get so emotionally invested in a game that goes for 90 minutes where there's a chance the final score could be the same as what it started at.

Im not a soccer fan either, I've tried to watch the EPL and Aleague but I just lose interest but the 'no scoring' doesnt really wash

Look at basketball for example, there is scoring a plenty in that, sometimes over 200 points in a game, but theres essentially no tension in majority of the scoring. For mine its a bit like the old saying "give them both 100 points and 1 minute to go", it feels a little like we are all just waiting for the final few moments in a basketball game, despite all the scoring going on.

With Soccer scoring is so valuable, so the tension when teams go forward or have a shot on goal is high and the euphoria of actually scoring is great. So for me, Soccer is a much better game to watch than basketball despite the obvious scoring differences

>Record premier league game to watch the next day
>In the morning, forget all about it
>Go on FB and there are spoilers
>****
Was it a draw?

Actually, just on both those sports, it shits me that Canada are bad at both. See people playing soccer and tennis all the time but it's never really taken off here. More a kids thing. There are a couple of top tennis players now at least.

Yeah Canada stink at soccer. I was surprised at just how s**t they are. I thought they'd at least have an OK team by North American standards but nope. Stink.

Yeah Canada stink at soccer. I was surprised at just how s**t they are. I thought they'd at least have an OK team by North American standards but nope. Stink.

The women are better but the whole country doesn't even have a grass pitch at the moment! We got the Women's World Cup by default. Nobody else bid on it.

>Record premier league game to watch the next day
>In the morning, forget all about it
>Go on FB and there are spoilers
>****

I set my alarm for 2 55 and it didn't go off :(

Probably better for my own health that I didn't have to witness a 94th min red + equaliser to ******* United.

Still a good view from the top.

One thing I noticed from the article was the massive crowd shot photo they included. Not one woman in that crowd, or very few. Yeah good luck taking over with only 50% of the population interested in the sport.

I was recently listening to radio where they commented on the male to female ratio at soccer games and how this factored into the amount of violence at soccer games compared to other sports
Interesting listening tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back