List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's cheeky if true
Carlton did it last year with Heath Scotland, but his body gave up during the season.

When it was announced that it could be done I thought WTF? and to me it just makes a mockery of the Rookie listing situation. All it does is deprive a young hopeful of a chance to play AFL.

After all the term 'Rookie' didn't mean 'old and f@&$ed but given another go via the side door' the last time I looked it up in the dictionary.

If it's allowed to happen then it needs to have its own category and/or set of rules. It shouldn't be called a Rookie or take up the spot of one either IMO.

I like him
What .... as a player?

or

"I met him at the pub once and he seemed like a nice bloke".

I'll assume the first, but what is it you like about him?

I don't think he's good enough for the Suns 2nd tier and will just be a list clogger.

Yeah very classy player. My only concern is his defensive running, some bloked struggle to get it to AFL standard. He would have plenty of time to develop at NEAFL level for us though if we got him.

If we got a haul of;

Pick 8: Laverde, Lever, Pickett, Weller (?), Durdin
Pick 15: Blakely, De Goey, Weller
Pick 29: Clem Smith

...I would be very, happy :)

Yeah very classy player. My only concern is his defensive running, some bloked struggle to get it to AFL standard. He would have plenty of time to develop at NEAFL level for us though if we got him.

If we got a haul of;

Pick 8: Laverde, Lever, Pickett, Weller (?), Durdin
Pick 15: Blakely, De Goey, Weller
Pick 29: Clem Smith

...I would be very, happy :)

With that in mind, do you think he will start his career playing deeper in the forward line, and transition further up field as he gains experience?

Also, agree with these draft choices. The only one I am unsure of is who I would take at pick 15. There are a number of options available, but the club appears to be into Blakely so he is the obvious choice i guess.

With that in mind, do you think he will start his career playing deeper in the forward line, and transition further up field as he gains experience?

Also, agree with these draft choices. The only one I am unsure of is who I would take at pick 15. There are a number of options available, but the club appears to be into Blakely so he is the obvious choice i guess.

Yeah I reckon he would be a monty for a forward spot for us. However, would rather he slowly works our way in to the 22. Wouldn't be best 22 as it stamds.

Brett Anderson saying you guys will not take weller.due to the fact he will want to relocate back down to Vic where his family is moving and brother allready is

Has a slender build too, not sure if he would be able fill out as much as we'd like (a la Schade). We have enough skinny outside types. I'd prefer a Durdin, Pickett or Laverde if he slips to #8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Pickett a forward though? It's all well and good to say he can start forward, but if he's a midfielder that may be difficult for him.

That said I'd love to get him. Ever since he said we are his preferred destination I've been very keen. Not sure he will get past GWS though.

Brett Anderson saying you guys will not take weller.due to the fact he will want to relocate back down to Vic where his family is moving and brother allready is
We don't need another outside mid, who would he replace, not )'OMeara, Ablett, Prestia etc. I don't think we are interested to be honest I think it is more the media that think we will pick him up.

We don't need another outside mid, who would he replace, not )'OMeara, Ablett, Prestia etc. I don't think we are interested to be honest I think it is more the media that think we will pick him up.
I just thought it was interesting because I have seen talk about sunny talk about him all year

I just thought it was interesting because I have seen talk about sunny talk about him all year
I have? :eek: I've been tracking him for the past three years and was keen to take him around 15ish if he was still there. Probably not with our first pick though.

pickett_stats.png

Not a huge disposal number but looking at the highlights reel, WOW he is silky smooth, great awareness, hands, positioning. reminds me of Cyril.
I guess the important thing to note is that everyone is going to look damn good in a 2 minute highlights package. No missed kicks, no missed handballs. Kicks freaky goals. Unable to be tackled - and can land bone crunching tackles on their own.

I imagine, looking at those stats, is that he played significant midfield minutes when playing 2s footy. But then given his size and such, played more as a forward at league level.

Is Pickett a forward though? It's all well and good to say he can start forward, but if he's a midfielder that may be difficult for him.

That said I'd love to get him. Ever since he said we are his preferred destination I've been very keen. Not sure he will get past GWS though.
With that skill set I have no doubt he can play up forward. If he ends up at GWS no problem we just get him in a year or two when he wants to leave ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back