List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Raines won't play many senior games if any at all. If we wanted him to play senior games we would have traded for him. Or pick him up as a DFA.

That said, he's still a good get as a rookie. Extremely good trainer, helps depth and will make us much more competitive in the 2s. And really, that's what we need. His NEAFL numbers were very good.

I reckon you might use him to negate whichever opposition player is trying to get to Gaz.
If so, Gazza will get 40-50 every week. Raines is still one of the best stoppers in the game.
Very good point. I hope we pick him up!

It will depend on who we pick up as coach. Some coaches love taggers, some opt to never use one. New coach could come in and find a role for Raines in the 22.

Raines won't play many senior games if any at all. If we wanted him to play senior games we would have traded for him. Or pick him up as a DFA.
Raines was delisted a month and a half before the trade period started. A couple of days before we even played our last game IIRC. We still have a week until the delisted player free agency period, so we may well pick him up.

Raines was delisted a month and a half before the trade period started. A couple of days before we even played our last game IIRC. We still have a week until the delisted player free agency period, so we may well pick him up.
We have no spots on our list at the moment, I think this is why we are putting broughts on the veterans list so we can free a spot up

Just in case anyone thought Tom Lynch was no longer deciding all things Suns

Mitch Hallahan quote:
‘‘I come to Gold Coast excited about the young talent coming through and the established players, like Ablett, and I think I can contribute.’’
He said he had received welcoming calls and texts from the entire playing list since he signed with the club.
It was a discussion with Tom Lynch, another classmate from the 2010 draft and school, that sold him on the Suns.
“We grew up together, junior footy school, everything,’’ he said.
“I gave him a call wanting to know what it is like behind closed doors and he spoke super highly about the club and the culture they are building, it sounded like something I want to be a part of.’’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you are right about Gorringe I cant say I put him in the same league as the other players you mentioned t
If Gorringe and Day play minimum15 games each give or take I'd expect 20goals at least from each?
Gorringe has shown glimpses...
Has talent.. Just... Injured.. And no1 seemed to able to take Days spot.. Even though he didn't kick a goal for like 8 weeks straight?

If I remember he didn't start the season that red hot but really came good 1/3 of the way through

yeah 7 goals in his first 5 games
39 goals in next 17 games.

At least 50 if he just continues the same pace from that second part of the year

Just dawned on me.. Laverde will be gone by pick 8!! :(
Not keen on Weller.. As he came to QLD to be closer to his brother..
2 years time he'll head down to Melbourne.. We'll get pick 20 or something ridiculous for him..
So whose next...?

Love how you just said everything as if it was all definitive and had already happened. Chill man.

Question regarding the draft.
Based on your list size, no of delistings and players traded in, how many picks will you need to use in the draft this year?

Question regarding the draft.
Based on your list size, no of delistings and players traded in, how many picks will you need to use in the draft this year?
We have delisted a few, warnock Taylor hutchins
Hunt went to union
Bock and brown retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back