Injury 2014 Injury List update (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

They can't test for absolutely everything. If he doesn't have a history of foot injuries (I have no idea if he does or not) then why would they do preliminary testing on that specifically?

The poor club can't do anything right.

The club can never do anything wrong..

Tom Brady was afflicted by a navicular facture and needed a screw inserted. It was not his plant foot for throwing so the impact would be considerably less than an AFL player. He played with the fracture until the season ended, then had surgery. 3 years on and he's having an outstanding season.

The important thing regardless of fracture or stress is rest.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/25286/medical-expert-tom-brady-in-serious-pain

"There's not a lot to rehabbing this injury," Bell said. "The main thing is rest. The presence of the screw will stabilize the foot. Then you just wait.

"You just need to make sure the bone is adequately healed before you start testing it. That's usually about in six weeks. So he won't be able to do any heavy weight-bearing activity in that time."

Given that KJ is reaction not fracture, his odds of making a full and complete recovery are strong. However I would not expect to see much from him in 2015, as his pre season will be heavily interrupted, and I'm certain the club will ease him into any level of competition.

This ageing article is one of the better I've read on the topic, and deals purely with athletes.

http://agoodgroup.com/running/stress_fractures_return.pdf

Does the club do medicals prior to trading for people??
Extremely disappointing

Comments like this show the uneducated nature of some supporters, who have little clue on how these types of injuries can occur.

Based off broady4's logic, the club should not trade for any player, ever, in case they may one day get an injury.

Please tell us what they did wrong in this instance. Was it that they were unable to predict the future, and if so, will you fork up the cash necessary to employ a full-time fortune teller?

I would be astounded if the club took a player that was crocked through knowledge or a failed medical.

Given that this is the beginning of a reaction, it would only have occurred recently, and probably due to his training program (prescribed or otherwise). Lots of hill running involved for core fitness? That's enough to do it.

The main thing is to get behind KJ, and be thankful the club and player are onto it at its earliest possible detection time.

The club can never do anything wrong..

I don't believe that for a second, but I also believe in being fair. Sometimes they * up, and when they do they * up royally, but sometimes things just happen. They can't be expected to predict every injury, they're not prophets.

KJ is injured, and that's very unfortunate. Now we just have to hope and be confident that they will manage his injury appropriately. If they don't, then you can say that they don't do anything right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Docherty made an impact last year without having a preseason. Just means he'll take a bit of time in the 2s building some form and confidence.
It just means White's spot is safe for a few extra weeks. All is good as long as he avoids surgery.

To you it's more 'the club can never do anything right'...
The club has done plenty right lately - getting mick, signing gibbs long term, moving on robbo and jeffy, engaging with/listening to members, getting better time slots for games. In my opinion i think they got it wrong by taking kj rather than backing themselves to pick a gun at no. 7. Time will tell i guess.

KJ's manager this morning:

Jaksch foot not as bad as first thought

Over the weekend Carlton supporters were coming to terms with the possibility that new recruit Kristian Jaksch might be out for the whole season with an injured foot.
However, upon a second inspection it has been confirmed that the former pick 12 might only be on the sidelines for a month.
“I think it was just more of a scare of Friday when he re-aggravated his ankle, which he had up in GWS.
“It wasn’t really the navicular he was originally getting scans on, and it just showed a little hot spot,” his manager Matt Bain said on SEN radio.
“The good news is it’s probably now a four to six week injury, not a long-term one which we thought might have been the case on Saturday.
“It’s something that has probably come up over the last few weeks and is really something to do with an injury to his ankle he had towards the end of last year.”

Docherty made an impact last year without having a preseason. Just means he'll take a bit of time in the 2s building some form and confidence.

Well said.
Not putting any pressure on KJ, but it would be good to see him play some footy at AFL level in the second half of 2015.
If it is just a hot spot as the media are reporting, then there should be no reason that this couldn't occur.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back