Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality investigative work, G2G. The "Duelin' Momo" theory seems pretty watertight to me.

Vial looks shocked to be sitting there.

Anyways, caught up with the *essendon board earlier. As always, rines has the good oil on where things are at.....

....and everything you've said since the beginning of this saga has been 100% on the money....

....oh, almost forgot....

tumblr_lqm2ewZOE11qmf1va.gif

I've heard that the defence team also has a photo of the Frenchman at the Statue of Liberty holding a calendar and pointing to the very date on which the taxi driver was allegedly robbed. He's clearly innocent!

My understanding is that to get TO the Tribunal ASADA made allegations, presented its evidence and invited the AFL to issue infraction notices. The players chose to not respond to ASADA's allegations. The AFL accepted that there was enough evidence to conclude that the players had cases to answer and issued the notices.

It is now up to ASADA to prove its case against each player to the comfortable satisfaction of the Tribunal. Comfortable satisfaction is somewhere between balance of probability and beyond a reasonable doubt.

Thanks to * shoddy record keeping, ASADA won't have evidence of what was in the bottle or what went into the players' arms but it will presumably have circumstantial evidence that banned substances were purchased by *, delivered to * and presumably consumed in the program.

The players of course have compelling evidence in the form of the very authentic looking photo of that very authentic looking label on that very authentic looking bottle.

Hopefully, one of our better informed posters (astrovic?) will be able to clarify the position for us.

Pretty close. The process (off the top of my head) is:

1. ASADA investigates

2. If ASADA considers a doping violation occurred (to the level of "comfortable satisfaction), it issues show cause notices

3. ASADA refers the matter to the Anti Doping Rule Violation Panel (ADRVP) to consider. The ADRVP is a panel established under the ASADA Act bit is independent of ASADA itself.

4. If the ADRVP is satisfied that the evidence is sufficient to sustain a doping violation charge (effectively, again, to comfortable satisfaction), it places the players on the register of findings and requests the AFL to issue infraction notices

5. The AFL issues infraction notices. It doesn't give any consideration to the merits of the charges, it just issues the notices.

6. The AFL convenes a tribunal to hear the charges. ASADA prosecutes the charges and the players defend them. I expect this will operate in a quite similar manner to how the tribunal works for on field matters, with a judge presiding and the tribunal members made up of appropriate persons with expertise in the field (like how former footy players are the tribunal members for on field matters). Rules of law will be recognised, such as due process, procedural fairness and the like, but it won't be a court of law so the full formalities of court, hearing evidence won't necessarily apply. (As a matter of practicality though, I expect that given the whole thing is going to involve lawyers by the truckload, the tribunal hearing will end up running pretty close to how things run in court as that is what all the lawyers are used to doing).

7. If the Tribunal is comfortably satisfied that the charges are sustained, then penalties are applied by the AFL.

Q, Is telling a porkie or 2 at the tribunal equivalent to perjury in a court of law ?
We can only hope. Add a few counts of perjury, players and parents suing, lawsuits, legal and court fees, bans and suspensions, this saga* is only going to get better.

Tell ya what, even if the AFL determines that there is not enough evidence to suspend players for a period of time, I will still look back on this period and laugh my arse off at that *club. All the scurrying around, all the threats of litigation, all the spin, all the sackings and bullshit just goes to show that there is something to hide, that their practices were dodgy, that there was more going on behind the scenes then the public know. Regardless of outcome, that *club has now shown to the football public and the public in general what we as NMFC members and supporters have known for generations, that the *efc is an entitled, scurrilous, scheming, shifty, underhanded, morally bankrupt organisation who will put the interests of the *clubs select few above the health and well being of their players and any notion of fair play.

They have been exposed for what they are and that will never hide in the shadows again.

Tell ya what, even if the AFL determines that there is not enough evidence to suspend players for a period of time, I will still look back on this period and laugh my arse off at that *club. All the scurrying around, all the threats of litigation, all the spin and bullshit just goes to show that there is something to hide, that their practices were dodgy, that there was more going on behind the scenes then the public know. Regardless of outcome, that *club has now shown to the football public and the public in general what we as NMFC members and supporters have known for generations, that the *efc is an entitled, scurrilous, scheming, shifty, underhanded, morally bankrupt organisation who will put the interests of the *clubs select few above the health and well being of their players and any notion of fair play.

They have been exposed for what they are and that will never hide in the shadows again.

Yep. The karma bus drove straight through the front door at Tullamarine, smashed up the joint and did doughies on the oval on the way out again.

However given we now have ASADA, the Federal Court judge and the ADRVP having all looked at the case against the *players and concluded "yep, we have something to work with here", as compared to a * supporter whose main claim to fame is getting everything wrong delivering a top shelf anonymous hearsay comment that ASADA's case is crap, together with a photo fished from the back pocket of Deano's dungarees and Stephen Curry's doppelganger saying with conviction he will now say the words he couldn't bring himself to say in an interview to ASADA....

Why would we, as outsiders looking in, conclude there isn't enough evidence?

Tell ya what, even if the AFL determines that there is not enough evidence to suspend players for a period of time, I will still look back on this period and laugh my arse off at that *club. All the scurrying around, all the threats of litigation, all the spin, all the sackings and bullshit just goes to show that there is something to hide, that their practices were dodgy, that there was more going on behind the scenes then the public know. Regardless of outcome, that *club has now shown to the football public and the public in general what we as NMFC members and supporters have known for generations, that the *efc is an entitled, scurrilous, scheming, shifty, underhanded, morally bankrupt organisation who will put the interests of the *clubs select few above the health and well being of their players and any notion of fair play.

That said:

burn_them_all_got.gif

Yep. The karma bus drove straight through the front door at Tullamarine, smashed up the joint and did doughies on the oval on the way out again.

However given we now have ASADA, the Federal Court judge and the ADRVP having all looked at the case against the *players and concluded "yep, we have something to work with here", as compared to a * supporter whose main claim to fame is getting everything wrong delivering a top shelf anonymous hearsay comment that ASADA's case is crap, together with a photo fished from the back pocket of Deano's dungarees and Stephen Curry's doppelganger saying with conviction he will now say the words he couldn't bring himself to say in an interview to ASADA....

Why would we, as outsiders looking in, conclude there isn't enough evidence?
Be calm, be confident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to todays Hun, *essendon have turned a 2013 $3.2m loss into 2014 $721,000 profit, :confused: ? creative accounting ?
Two major factors:

1. Stupidity and blind loyalty of *supporters. Donate to the flight plan.

2: Legal expenses covered by insurance. It will be interesting if there are any issues in that if their players are suspended.

Two major factors:

2: Legal expenses covered by insurance. It will be interesting if there are any issues in that if their players are suspended.
I thought it was Jimmy's drug trafficking from France and Thompson selling drugs on the side. The drug business isn't as lucrative as it use to be.

Nailed it BT. And I think we should not only offer our sympathy but give our thanks to *. The off-season can be a dull, boring time, but * has now been running the wonderful Festival of Schadenfreude for several years already and we can be sure that they have plenty of surprises and entertainment still to come. I am just proud of our mob that we have become such an integral part of the celebration through this Sympathy thread which the AFL seems to have recognized by giving us 2 Friday nighters against the * reserves next year. Looking forward to the ASADA Christmas party and the * New Year fireworks.

Great fun. Thanks to all at Tullamarine.

Last edited:
Just popped my head into the * board...they're getting redactable boners over there cos a journo said ASADA are having trouble getting their "weak as piss" case to fall into place - in particular that Shane Charter is apparently getting cold feet.

It really does say a lot about that *club and its *supporters that they get so excited every time there is a possibility that ASADA might be prevented from, or have difficulty putting together their case.

Just popped my head into the * board...they're getting redactable boners over there cos a journo said ASADA are having trouble getting their "weak as piss" case to fall into place - in particular that Shane Charter is apparently getting cold feet.

It really does say a lot about that *club and its *supporters that they get so excited every time there is a possibility that ASADA might be prevented from, or have difficulty putting together their case.
How dare an organisation try to stamp out drug cheats in sport.

I only found out recently that the sports shop inside Etihad stadium is owned by Ess..

Two major factors:

The Weapon settlement sum would be covered by insurance.

I'm struggling to see how the insurance policy would cover the Fed Court case legals though. At best the insurer might have funded the legals on the basis that if they lose (as they did) then it all has to get repaid. Then there's ASADA's legal bill that * have to pay. All of that might have been pushed into next year's financials, which could make for, um, interesting reading...but of course, * have wealthy benefactors who have no issue using their money to get their money, so what does it matter?

According to todays Hun, *essendon have turned a 2013 $3.2m loss into 2014 $721,000 profit, :confused: ? creative accounting ?

Actually yes - we declared the totality of our fine last year, despite not having to pay most of it until 2014/2015.

I dare say they thought declaring one big loss as opposed to two or three small ones was preferable.

The Weapon settlement sum would be covered by insurance.

I'm struggling to see how the insurance policy would cover the Fed Court case legals though. At best the insurer might have funded the legals on the basis that if they lose (as they did) then it all has to get repaid. Then there's ASADA's legal bill that * have to pay. All of that might have been pushed into next year's financials, which could make for, um, interesting reading...but of course, * have wealthy benefactors who have no issue using their money to get their money, so what does it matter?

If whispers are true its actually decidedly simpler than that. EFC is a wealthy club, and were able to cover the costs of its case without too much issue; and ASADAs costs do not fall within this financial year.

Obviously Hird pays his own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back