Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petracca looks scary good in that new highlights package. Would have liked to see more inside, clearance clips but when he has time and space, his kicking looks precise and penetrating, while his contested marking ability looks excellent.

Him and Brayshaw = much excite

Yeah it was impressive. Perhaps his kicking was just wayward in the championships? Some of his passes in that clip were very impressive while some of his passes in the championship missed targets by a good 5/10m. If that kicking rather than his state title kicking is the norm that would change my perception slightly yes. I still want Brayshaw the most though, guessing you like Petracca?

I like McCartin, Brayshaw and Petracca. Brayshaw is a definite and either of the other two combinations work for me. Hogan and McCartin for a decade would also be huge.

But yes, Petracca and Brashaw is my preferred combination, because it least we have Hogan, Dawes, Gawn, Pedersen and Howe (back forward), who can help create opportunities for Garlett and JKH. Our midfield has been 'third world' and games are still won in the middle. Petracca, Brayshaw, Tyson, Salem, Viney together with Jones, Newton and Vince goes a long way in redressing what has been a huge problem for years.

I love Brayshaw and think I lean to him as my preferred of the 3, because he's such a solid citizen. He may not have the ceiling of Petracca, but I reckon every side loves a Brayshaw type in their team. I like how Paige Cardona says Viney and Brayshaw will be the "Bash Brothers".

The Saints don't have Jesse Hogan coming through - so I can understand why they may take McCartin.

I would be happy with either, given that we'll be another shot at a mid in next years draft (if not a trade for one of the GWS mids).

Petracca is a beast though. He's a ball winner and a match winner. Midfields win matches - and we do have Hogan already.

I don't know if it's because he's aboriginal but where is the constant idea JKH is a small forward coming from? He isn't overly quick and whilst very agile I think his hands in close and ability to dish off make him a prime candidate as a midfielder who pushes to the flank

I prefer dean kent playing closer to goal like a Paul chapman type who pushes into the midfield

I don't know if it's because he's aboriginal but where is the constant idea JKH is a small forward coming from? He isn't overly quick and whilst very agile I think his hands in close and ability to dish off make him a prime candidate as a midfielder who pushes to the flank

I prefer dean kent playing closer to goal like a Paul chapman type who pushes into the midfield

His clean hands, agility and good skills make him a very good candidate for a small foward, it's not outrageous.

I agree he's a midfielder though but he could quite easily be effective as a small forward.

This is from Knightmare's 2013 phantom draft

#47 North Melbourne – Jay Kennedy-Harris (VIC – Fwd/Mid)Height: 173cm, Weight: 68kg, DOB: 21/03/1995
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers
Style:
Player comparison: Andrew Krakouer
Range: 25-55
Profile: Small forward who has shown this year that he also has the ability to push up through the midfield and find the footy easily and be an effective two way player with his tackling particularly impressive. Kennedy-Harris’ point of difference is in his ability to sidestep with numbers around him and generate time and space for himself easily to be able to dispose of the ball effectively. He’s got a nice skillset both with his ability by hand and foot. Also has above average straight-line pace to go with his ability allowing him to break away from congestion at times and take on the game. Regardless of this improved midfield ability my vision with Kennedy-Harris is as a forward first who can rotate into the midfield as required. Kennedy-Harris is as natural a crumbing forward as you’ll ever see. He gets to the right positions consistently and knows where to position himself to get those balls that come to ground and will constantly go front and square in front of the contest. One touch with all his touches and a clean user of the footy. He also has a really nice tendency to release by hand or foot at the last second as he gets tackled and can still execute. Excellent finisher around goal and a guy who could fit into a forwardline pretty easily.

In my view, he'll start his AFL career as a small fwd and move into being a permanent midfielder after 2-3 years.

I like McCartin, Brayshaw and Petracca. Brayshaw is a definite and either of the other two combinations work for me. Hogan and McCartin for a decade would also be huge.

But yes, Petracca and Brashaw is my preferred combination, because it least we have Hogan, Dawes, Gawn, Pedersen and Howe (back forward), who can help create opportunities for Garlett and JKH. Our midfield has been 'third world' and games are still won in the middle. Petracca, Brayshaw, Tyson, Salem, Viney together with Jones, Newton and Vince goes a long way in redressing what has been a huge problem for years.

I love Brayshaw and think I lean to him as my preferred of the 3, because he's such a solid citizen. He may not have the ceiling of Petracca, but I reckon every side loves a Brayshaw type in their team. I like how Paige Cardona says Viney and Brayshaw will be the "Bash Brothers".

I think Brayshaw has the highest ceiling due to the intangibles he has, he's a real leader and makes things happen when they're needed.

There is some 'talk' that we won't take Petracca if he falls to us... which I hope is completely untrue.

While there are a couple of excellent prospects available to us (DeGoey or Lever), I think passing on Petracca would be a big mistake.

I think Brayshaw has the highest ceiling due to the intangibles he has, he's a real leader and makes things happen when they're needed.

There is some 'talk' that we won't take Petracca if he falls to us... which I hope is completely untrue.

While there are a couple of excellent prospects available to us (DeGoey or Lever), I think passing on Petracca would be a big mistake.
Yep I'm horrified. Would be Wines all over again.

Didn't Mahoney indicate we were only looking at Brayshaw, Petracca, McCartin and Wright, and then someone else from the club (can't remember who) said no it was between Brayshaw, Petracca, McCartin and Lever, then Lever's name seemed to have got dropped off at some point. Leaving only Brayshaw, Petracca and McCartin. We'll be totally fine......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The TAC Cup was too easy for Petracca, then he went and dominated the State Champs. Won the Larke medal and was first picked in the All Australian team.

Surely the only possible questions on him being top 3 are;

a) his body (weight and hips have been questioned)
b) leadership (said to be a little on the arrogant side and not the team first type person that Brayshaw and McCartin are)

Neither of these are said to be big concerns.

There is no way we will pass on Petracca - and most pundits that I've heard from have said that we would take Brayshaw and Petracca if we had picks 1 & 2.

If we can manage to get both Brayshaw and Petracca I will be stocked.

Give them both to Macca to be developed (not sent as Lambs to the slaughter) and we can look forward to a couple of power mids over time.

Who from ?

It doesn't make sense; and if it doesn't make sense it won't happen.

No one of real consequence.

I would say, it doesn't make sense to us.

But it doesn't have to - only to our recruiters, you only have to look at the Tyson/Salem deal last year and the criticism that copped.

Didn't Mahoney indicate we were only looking at Brayshaw, Petracca, McCartin and Wright, and then someone else from the club (can't remember who) said no it was between Brayshaw, Petracca, McCartin and Lever, then Lever's name seemed to have got dropped off at some point. Leaving only Brayshaw, Petracca and McCartin. We'll be totally fine......

At the most recent meeting that some supporters went to that was hosted by our recruiting manager Jason Taylor, it was stated that the 4 players under consideration were Petracca, McCartin, Brayshaw and Lever. I wasn't there, but on 'Land it was mentioned that Taylor also added, "It would be a brave club to take a player coming off a knee".

There's no way we'll overlook Petracca.

No one of real consequence.

But it doesn't have to - only to our recruiters, you only have to look at the Tyson/Salem deal last year and the criticism that copped.

Who though ?

But the Tyson/Salem deal made sense. Overlooking Petracca wouldn't make sense to anyone. Our recruiters aren't daft.

Who though ?

But the Tyson/Salem deal made sense. Overlooking Petracca wouldn't make sense to anyone. Our recruiters aren't daft.

Just a mate texting me rumors he's heard or read - as I said, it's only 'talk'.. and we know 80% of all rumors are rubbish anyway.

Sure, for example we supposedly rated Salem higher than Kelly (who the media were dubbing future Brownlow Medalist) - would it have made sense to many people bar us (and apparently the Hawks who rated him at 2) to pick him before Kelly?

I guess I'm just playing a bit of DA.

Difference being, I had no problem taking the 2 for 1 deal and landing Tyson and Salem.

I'd have a huge problem if we overlooked Petracca for anyone else in the draft.

Anyway, I think it's a moot point. The decision will be St Kilda's to stuff up this time - and we'll just take the 2 who everyone else would take as well.

Petracca if hes there is a must.

I'll be so ******* pissed if we let him slide past us.

Happy to let McCartin slide for De Goey though.

Wish the AFL had draft night trades like the nfl/nba, we could get a real nice deal from someone wanting to move up and take McCartin. Would add plenty to the night as well, great viewing

You guys just won Lotto.

Petracca is a sensation, and to get Brayshaw as well is just a freak result.

St Kilda are morons

All will be good when we select a key forward in the draft instead of paying 7mill for one and then raid your club for mids in next years trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back