2015 General Discussion/Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed, this was one of the very few parts of dreamtime i like.
actually made it to be about rd14 or 15 or something 3yrs ago (god knows how as my team was pure crap)

Will the SC version be suspended during byes?

I'm not sure. Full details on how it will work haven't been released yet.

According to Fox Sports head to head matches will be starting round 2. Aimed at stopping round 23 carnage being a deciding factor in the grand finals.
Not a huge fan of this, I think the prospect of R23 carnage helped make teams more unique. It certainly made the last round more interesting.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but live scores will be available to Gold subscribers next year. Scores for every stat apparently - how many of you will pay up to get access to this?

I've already had it through HUN live scores last year & year before. It's basically the same thing, they've just added it onto the SC interface.

agreed, this was one of the very few parts of dreamtime i like.
actually made it to be about rd14 or 15 or something 3yrs ago (god knows how as my team was pure crap)

Will the SC version be suspended during byes?
Probably not, it will depend on how many play but if there's 250-300k SCers it would probably start round 6 or 7.

In RDT with only 30-40k players they're able to skip the byes (they did this last year)

I was reading last night about one of the new changes that probably won't be mentioned to the greater public. In previous supercoach versions the score for an important act at an important time e.g. goal to win after the siren could be multiplied by a maximum of 4. So a normal goal worth 8 could then become 32 etc. This year it has been changed to a maximum mtiplier of 2. Anyone reckon that could affect certain players scores? E.g. bartel he seems to do a lot of last minute things to win games

I was reading last night about one of the new changes that probably won't be mentioned to the greater public. In previous supercoach versions the score for an important act at an important time e.g. goal to win after the siren could be multiplied by a maximum of 4. So a normal goal worth 8 could then become 32 etc. This year it has been changed to a maximum mtiplier of 2. Anyone reckon that could affect certain players scores? E.g. bartel he seems to do a lot of last minute things to win games

Not enuff to alter any plans

I read this too, trying to get rid of players scoring 50+ points in 3 seconds.
Don't think anyone picks players based on thier tendency to do this so it won't be a big issue.
Like you said Bartel is the only one that I can think of that does that sort of thing on a consistent basis.
The only common player that I can think of that benifited from tat last year was Selwood with his game winning goal against the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think anyone picks players based on thier tendency to do this so it won't be a big issue.
Like you said Bartel is the only one that I can think of that does that sort of thing on a consistent basis.
The only common player that I can think of that benifited from tat last year was Selwood with his game winning goal against the Blues.
Yeah didn't think it would concern to many people. But i thought it was a good move by champion data.

Been trying to work out which teams have a favourable draw for us SC'ers, with more games later in each round - for Capt loophole purposes primarily.

Worked on a 0-1-3 system, splitting each rd (except rd 23) into 3rds and allocating 0pts for 1st 3 games, 1pt for middle 3 games and 3pts for final 3 games of each round (didn't always work this way, 2 rounds I had to amend it a little, but worked ok).

I liked the 0-1-3 system as it gives some weight to games in middle of round, but effectively best points for final 3 games, FWIW.

Results;

BLions (18) - 42
Freo (17) - 41
St.K (14) - 38
Melb (12) - 34
WBull (15) - 33
WCE (17) - 33
Port (15) - 29
Ess (13) - 27
Geel (12) - 26
Nth (16) - 26
Ade (12) - 24
GWS (14) - 24
Haw (13) - 23
Syd (13) - 21
GCS (14) - 20
Coll (9) - 19
Rich (8) - 16
Carl (8) - 12

* Numbers in brackets are number of scores.

Puts the Cox as R3 into some doubt IMO as he wont give many opportunities for loophole (Pies have 7x Fri night games), although R/F DPP can be handy.

BLions have their lowest cost Ruck as ASmith, but he's priced at 123k with no DPP. Similar with Moller (Freo), Pierce & Holmes (St.K) and King (Melb) being priced at 123k + no DPP.

WBull & WCE both don't have a Ruck lower than 200k.

Other options could be;

Brooksby (GCS) - 102k, no DPP but Suns have 14 games in last 2/3rds of each rd
Lucey (Geel) - 102k, no DPP
Read (Geel) - 109k, R/F DPP
Preuss (Nth) - 108k, no DPP but Kangas have 16 games in last 2/3rds of each rd

'Out There' Capt Loophole thought - Are Payne (St.K, 102k, M/F DPP) or Adamson (WCE, 102k, M/D DPP) M11 options? (Taking away 1x cash generation position though)

Thoughts? o_O

Jeremy McGovern got 60 points against the Suns for a half metre kick and an intercept mark. Cost me a league game.

Been trying to work out which teams have a favourable draw for us SC'ers, with more games later in each round - for Capt loophole purposes primarily.

Worked on a 0-1-3 system, splitting each rd (except rd 23) into 3rds and allocating 0pts for 1st 3 games, 1pt for middle 3 games and 3pts for final 3 games of each round (didn't always work this way, 2 rounds I had to amend it a little, but worked ok).

I liked the 0-1-3 system as it gives some weight to games in middle of round, but effectively best points for final 3 games, FWIW.

Results;

BLions (18) - 42
Freo (17) - 41
St.K (14) - 38
Melb (12) - 34
WBull (15) - 33
WCE (17) - 33
Port (15) - 29
Ess (13) - 27
Geel (12) - 26
Nth (16) - 26
Ade (12) - 24
GWS (14) - 24
Haw (13) - 23
Syd (13) - 21
GCS (14) - 20
Coll (9) - 19
Rich (8) - 16
Carl (8) - 12

* Numbers in brackets are number of scores.

Puts the Cox as R3 into some doubt IMO as he wont give many opportunities for loophole (Pies have 7x Fri night games), although R/F DPP can be handy.

BLions have their lowest cost Ruck as ASmith, but he's priced at 123k with no DPP. Similar with Moller (Freo), Pierce & Holmes (St.K) and King (Melb) being priced at 123k + no DPP.

WBull & WCE both don't have a Ruck lower than 200k.

Other options could be;

Brooksby (GCS) - 102k, no DPP but Suns have 14 games in last 2/3rds of each rd
Lucey (Geel) - 102k, no DPP
Read (Geel) - 109k, R/F DPP
Preuss (Nth) - 108k, no DPP but Kangas have 16 games in last 2/3rds of each rd

'Out There' Capt Loophole thought - Are Payne (St.K, 102k, M/F DPP) or Adamson (WCE, 102k, M/D DPP) M11 options? (Taking away 1x cash generation position though)

Thoughts? o_O
Nice work. Originally I was considering a Geelong R/F as they play on the Sunday/Monday the first 4 rounds. (after that, at least one of my starting rookies normally get a break anyway)

My thinking there atm is that Rockliff has proven to score through a tag better than any other player on the comp, making Beams a far more likely target for a tag and therefore potential SC score drop.

Yeah no.
beams tagged plenty of times and still scored well.
Sadly if Judas is fit he's SC gold

The sample is small, and the scores are AFL Fantasy, but in 2014 CD lists Rockliff as avg 134.8, 136 with a tag. Beams avg 107.8, 76 with a tag.

Stats can lie fwiw.
but rocky is no doubt a gun.just think he's overpriced

The sample is small, and the scores are AFL Fantasy, but in 2014 CD lists Rockliff as avg 134.8, 136 with a tag. Beams avg 107.8, 76 with a tag.
Stats can lie fwiw.
but rocky is no doubt a gun.just think he's overpriced

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hanley getting the #1 tag at times this year, depending what possie he plays. Beams just seems like the type of player that will work through a tag like Pendles/Selwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back