Super Blues Weekend - Friday 20 February from 4pm & Saturday 21 February from 9.45am

Remove this Banner Ad

10890854_659636320814718_1573876231_n.jpg

What's wrong with this picture?

hahahahaha!! That is bloody funny...good on him for sticking with his team.

His parents on the other hand...

Great to read the vibrant optimism regarding the young kids coming onto the team.
At last, some very decent drafting for 2014 , our faith in Shane Rogers is slowily paying dividends onwards and upwards for the Baggers.

Great to read the vibrant optimism regarding the young kids coming onto the team.
At last, some very decent drafting for 2014 , our faith in Shane Rogers is slowly paying dividends onwards and upwards for the Baggers.

Rogers has said a lot but the one thing I've liked most, is when he said, "We'll draft the best players for Carlton"
That's far and away different to drafting best available on talent....potential etc.

We may of course miss out on the odd Fyfe but you're taking in players that want to be there for the long haul and suit the culture we're demanding.
Seems like a much better and somewhat more sustainable method to drafting. Add to that targeting the right players at the end of the year and you may just start getting......................lucky

Just something else came to mind on Friday and that was that the whole squad seemed to understand what they were doing even with the non-Carlton listed players involved.........which I found particularly interesting.

Wonder whether we're finally getting somewhere in setting to implement the same structures, ideas etc into the Northern Blues squad, which then allows for a somewhat more seamless transition between the two.

It wasn't perfect on Friday but the general movement of players around the ground and covering areas, seemed to be similar across the board.

Yes totally agree

That was the other take out from Friday, along with the improved kicking skills

The overall ball movement seemed far better, which to my mind is testament to the players now understanding the game plan and their respective roles

And yes you are right even the rookie players seemed to be on the right page

Just something else came to mind on Friday and that was that the whole squad seemed to understand what they were doing even with the non-Carlton listed players involved.........which I found particularly interesting.

Wonder whether we're finally getting somewhere in setting to implement the same structures, ideas etc into the Northern Blues squad, which then allows for a somewhat more seamless transition between the two.

It wasn't perfect on Friday but the general movement of players around the ground and covering areas, seemed to be similar across the board.

Very heartening news, Harks.

After attending the NAB Cup last year vs Adelaide, I was very suspect on what our players were doing /game plan etc (but only NAB Cup). We then came out vs Port in rnd 1 for the 1st 10mins with the most encouraging display of footy and I thought well this it, we've taken it all as a team. Short lived however.

Liking the talk out of the club on gameplans & buy in's from all concerned - can't wait to see & hear reports from CFC & NB's this year with this mind.

I think that foot injury in 13 cost him his place in the 22

Watto was really cementing his position at this time and a very unfortunate injury and timing. The confidence he would have gained if he'd finished off the year as strong as he was, would have been enormous for his confidence, which it seems he lacks.

The feel was that he'd hold down CHB in 2014 after his previous year & contract extension but that was dashed within the 1st game.

The idea of Watson at half back is good but he hasn't showed anything too promising there. He panics when under pressure in the backline whereas up forward he flicks the mental switch and can dictate play himself. The best games he's played are the Freo game a few years ago, and the end of last year in the twos and seniors when forward.

Maybe we drafted Rowe and Watson for the wrong positions! Watson has a way to go yet in proving it against quality opposition but geez, Rowey doesn't look like getting beat nowadays.

I personally think they will play it smart and only give games where they are deserved. They will sprinkle some youth through but largely it will be the players who are body ready that will get the gig. I am looking forward to seeing blokes like Bell, Docherty, Cripps, Buckley and Graham that get first shot at it. No need to rush the young blokes, let's develop them first.
I agree... I haven't felt this way about our youngies for quite a while now, but those guys you just mentioned do special things to my nipples!

To those posters who have seen the team train over the summer, would you be able to provide an update on Matthew D's progress?
He has been in the swans system so should be ready to play. Has he been injured? under-developed etc or is he a viable option for rnd1?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is correct of course but who'd be surprised should Boekhorst and Smith play round 1?
I wouldnt be at all surprised to see Boekie playing from the get go. Just on what I got from the comments on here and from the radio broadcast of the game... he is everything that we all wanted Lucas to be.

To those posters who have seen the team train over the summer, would you be able to provide an update on Matthew D's progress?
He has been in the swans system so should be ready to play. Has he been injured? under-developed etc or is he a viable option for rnd1?
He's been training all preseason. Hasn't really done anything of note and probably in the Armfield category of honest footballers. He's a massive unit too, broad frame and still quickish. Was playing on Blaine Johnson in the intra club.

He's been training all preseason. Hasn't really done anything of note and probably in the Armfield category of honest footballers. He's a massive unit too, broad frame and still quickish. Was playing on Blaine Johnson in the intra club.
Thanks zeeCFC

463917718-patrick-cripps-of-the-blues-handballs-whist-gettyimages.jpg

The ol' human centipede trick to give Cripps the speed of Boekhorst

This happened quite a few times on Friday.

Cripps generally took the ball from stoppages quite cleanly.

When tackled he ignored the tackler and kept his eyes up and hands free - then found the best option with a hand pass.

Tacklers were barely able to knock him off balance let alone stop him disposing of the ball.

Any updates on how Holmes is tracking? Hopefully he'll get some senior game exposure during 2015.
Looking forward to what he can bring to the team.

Any updates on how Holmes is tracking? Hopefully he'll get some senior game exposure during 2015.
Looking forward to what he can bring to the team.

I don't want to see these words in the same sentence again!! :eek:

By the way, who is Holmes??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back