Best 22 in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

For mine it would be either buntine or wilson depending on match ups, and I actually think over the next 12 months we see most of our young guys go past mohr but still expect mohr to be an important depth player for us.
Agree. I see Corr and Mohr as competing for a spot as the season progresses.

B Haynes Davis Wilson or Kennedy
HB Shaw Patful Buntine or Hampton
C Kelly Ward Whitfield
HF Palmer Tomlinson WHE
F McCarthy Cameron Smith
R Mumford Griffin Sheil
Int Treloar Greene Cogs Scully
Em Bugg Kennedy Hampton

Last edited:
That is a close to best 22 , but with following proviso's,
Bugg is best tagger, sometimes thats what you need, so Scully out, Bugg in.
If Mumford can't ruck all day, then an interchange place reserved for a tall/forward_so Stewart/Phillips/ Lobb instead of (I don't wanna even say it), Cogs.
Kennedy's close checking and intercept marking is superior to Wilson's; Curtly has better rebound, but Buntine is more reliable.

I don't think Stewart did any ruck work on Friday, did he? Although Phillips is not best 22 ie not one of the best 22 players, he will play round 1. No way will Mummy ruck 100%.

I don't think Stewart did any ruck work on Friday, did he? Although Phillips is not best 22 ie not one of the best 22 players, he will play round 1. No way will Mummy ruck 100%.
I think Tommo will provide some relief for Mummy. Mummy rucks 90 percent.
Scully plays, we don't need to tag round 1.

C Kelly Ward Whitfield
HF Palmer Tomlinson WHE
F McCarthy Cameron Smith
R Mumford Griffin Sheil
Em Bugg Kennedy Hampton
thats pretty much the team that i had probably haynes in the team and i keep thinking about phillppps has a chop out ruck so mccarhty can play really like the team and so much depth

I think Tommo will provide some relief for Mummy. Mummy rucks 90 percent.
Scully plays, we don't need to tag round 1.
I agree that the Aints don't have have a clear hard tag target atm, so possible to leave out Bugg. If someone bobs up that needs to be tagged, Palmer can be used. And, Mummy can take on Ruck in this game too. However, this thread is best 22 in 2015, so it is more than round one. I guess that is why we each have a different take on it. If you had to lock in a team for the whole year, you'd have to strongly consider that second ruck and a hard tag. All in all, it is the second ruck/first ruck chop out roles that is more uncertain.

BTW, who'd get the vest in your team?

I agree that the Aints don't have have a clear hard tag target atm, so possible to leave out Bugg. If someone bobs up that needs to be tagged, Palmer can be used. And, Mummy can take on Ruck in this game too. However, this thread is best 22 in 2015, so it is more than round one. I guess that is why we each have a different take on it. If you had to lock in a team for the whole year, you'd have to strongly consider that second ruck and a hard tag. All in all, it is the second ruck/first ruck chop out roles that is more uncertain.

BTW, who'd get the vest in your team?
Scully or WHE get the vest. More about fitness than talent.
Scully can tag.
As far as whole season, we will have injuries and we have depth to cover most spots.

Scully or WHE get the vest. More about fitness than talent.
Scully can tag.
As far as whole season, we will have injuries and we have depth to cover most spots.

I feel that if you're not using Scully from the start, you're robbing him of his best attribute - his gut running. Put him on from the start and use him to blow up an opposition winger.

I feel that if you're not using Scully from the start, you're robbing him of his best attribute - his gut running. Put him on from the start and use him to blow up an opposition winger.
Out injured, has not played a lead up game.

C Kelly Ward Whitfield
HF Palmer Tomlinson WHE
F McCarthy Cameron Smith
R Mumford Griffin Sheil
Em Bugg Kennedy Hampton

This is the players I believe will line up round 1 although positionally I have them slightly different. I don't think we will or should go in with Phillips as a second ruckman cause Mumford will ruck the majority of the game and only needs a chop out for short periods during the game from tomlinson. Phillips was impressive in the nab cup games but he only plays if it's as the number 1 ruck cause I don't think he provides enough up forward and you can't carry him on the bench so he can give a chop out for 10% of game time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This would be great, but it would be even better if one of the two could give Mummy an effective chop out when we go in with one ruckman. Both are listed at 193cm, so not as tall as you'd like for side by side work. I reckon Leon would have been hoping for Lord Stewart to bob up with the eye catching fwd performance. He is listed at 198cm...a good tall mobile fwd/ruck.

I'm sure Leon would have loved that but without Jon Patton the forward structure looks better with sunshine as he plays as more of a marking target like patton where as Stewart is similar to Tomlinson and will run his opponents of their feet despite his 198cm height (from memory he was a midfield until a late growth spurt turned him into a KPP).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For round 1 according to Leon we only need to wait until the team is named for next weekend, he has stated he intends to take his best team in.

This is the team I would like to see play R1, not sure it will be though.
(St Kilda don't have much of a ruck, and assuming tagging is optional)
Against a stronger ruck line up either Stewart or Phillips more likely to play, against a team with dominating mids you would expect to see Bugg or Palmer or both.

B Haynes Davis Kennedy
HB Shaw Patfull Hampton
C Shiel Ward Whitfield
HF Kelly Tomlinson WHE
F McCarthy Cameron Smith
R Mumford Griffen Treloar
Int Greene Conigio Scully (Palmer)
Em Bugg

Last edited:
Phillips is a ruck who will only play if Mumford is out injured. Has been very good in the preseason but with Mumford available won't get much game time. Similar to Zak Smith

Phillips is a ruck who will only play if Mumford is out injured. Has been very good in the preseason but with Mumford available won't get much game time. Similar to Zak Smith

Thanks for your thoughts. So do you think he has the next in line ruck or forward position sewn up if one of your ruckman or forwards are injured or rested?

Next in line to ruck for sure but would be a fair way down the list to be picked as a forward. Guys like McCarthy, Stewart Cameron, patton, Tomlinson, Lobb would all be picked as a forward before Phillips

He is similar to Zak smith. Good leap in the ruck but unlikely to hold a spot as a forward or forward/ruck

Thanks, whoops sorry missed this part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back