Best 22 in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you guys think will play a bigger role in the midfield this year?
Coniglio or Whitfield?
That is a a tough one really. Different types of players. Whitfield looks like he might be the more damaging player eventually, but will he catch and overtake Cogs? Probably. Where I split them is Whifield is much better with his disposals into the attacking 50. Part of that is Cogs is more often inside and under pressure with inside 50s, whereas Whitfield is more often outside with more time to spot up a lead. I hope Cogs develops even more this year watching how Griff disposes by foot and hand under pressure.

So.... Sunshine just picked himself for round 1 for mine.... Classic forward type and I love it
Agreed - he's a good'un.

Will be interested to see if/how Tomlinson's role will change if McCarthy does win a starting spot. His goal tonight after motoring to create an overlap off the half back line showed how versatile he is.

So.... Sunshine just picked himself for round 1 for mine.... Classic forward type and I love it
Agree. He is the form big foward, and seems to work well with Jezza. Love Leon's assessment: 'he has put a spanner in the works'. Suggests he was behind others at the start of the NAB Cup, be has now thrust himself ahead.

Do both Buntine and Haynes get a game both been super impressive so far in NAB it would seem. You guys are in for a cracking year I should've taken the bigger odd of you guys making the 8 when I was talking about it a while ago on the punting board.

I was one of the people questioning you guys grabbing 'Sunshine' in the same draft as Boyd at 1 but wow, masterstroke if he maintains this form. Should play second fiddle to Cameron for as long as you can games into him!

Steele looks like a steal to. ;)

Agreed - he's a good'un.

Will be interested to see if/how Tomlinson's role will change if McCarthy does win a starting spot. His goal tonight after motoring to create an overlap off the half back line showed how versatile he is.

I think the great thing about playing McCarthy is that it allows Tomlinson to play to his strengths as a high lead up half forward carrying lots of ground, blowing up his opponents.

Do both Buntine and Haynes get a game both been super impressive so far in NAB

Buntine will be creating selection headaches for sure. Haynes is better suited to playing on the third tall though and he will be ahead of Mohr (purely on fitness at least) so I think Haynes will play regardless of whether Buntine does. Maybe Buntine is also fighting for a back six spot with Kennedy and Curtley. I can't see Buntine being picked on the bench as there are too many midfielders that are fit and firing.

Agreed - he's a good'un.

I just think Tomlinson lacks those pure forward instincts... Particularly with the contested ball in the air.

I think he plays that lead up role on the wing much better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's preseason and we played sides with key elements missing but I'm still scratching my head about people we leave out for Round 1.

Buntine did everything asked of him and more last night, but Haynes the week before was even better. Stewart came into his role more when Cameron was off but Sunshine is again yelling "pick me! pick me!"

Steele demonstrated why Norf offered their top pick for him. With the headband he screams "cult hero".

i like having selection headaches! I love having depth.

Best 22 for round 1? Ask me next week and don't be surprised if McCarthy and Steele are there.

definants in the team
davis
greene
shiel
whitfield
palmer
ward
scully
smith
treloar
cameron
haynes
tomlinson
kelly
shaw
patfull
mccarthy
phillpps
griffen
whe
kennedy
mumford

only 21 here so your decision who will go in the 22 anyone of those players worhy enough to go best 22.

and the maybes
coniglio
hampton
lamb
patton
bugg
wilson
buntine
zac williams
plowman
townsend
stewart
jak steele
tim mohr
so very good depth in the team

Good side although for me you are one defender short so Bugg/Hampton/Wilson/Buntine play, Phillips misses out and coniglio is a certainty for the 22

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McCarthy just looks like a natural goal kicker which frees Tomlinson up to play further up the ground where he is more comfortable and will get a mismatch either with height or running ability

McCarthy just looks like a natural goal kicker which frees Tomlinson up to play further up the ground where he is more comfortable and will get a mismatch either with height or running ability

This would be great, but it would be even better if one of the two could give Mummy an effective chop out when we go in with one ruckman. Both are listed at 193cm, so not as tall as you'd like for side by side work. I reckon Leon would have been hoping for Lord Stewart to bob up with the eye catching fwd performance. He is listed at 198cm...a good tall mobile fwd/ruck.

I can see buntine becoming a player like Darren glass. Slightly undersized but difficult to move and good read of the play. I can see buntine pushing mohr out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back