Scandal Ben Cousins at it again - Arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't be forced to go anywhere.

Bens a big boy and a no show today indicates that he no longer gives a ****. Jail won't help - he will be feted and he will still be getting the drugs inside - may even get some more tacky tatts. Life is looking decidedly pathetic now and unfortunately not much anyone else can now do.

I think it has been a long time since he has given a f**k, if having his own son does not 'sober'him up, i reckon SFA will.

Strong on the football field, appears weak off it, Gary Ablett senior like, having said that i hope it really works out for him.

Should there be a "where's Ben?" thread?

The full bigfooty network could add their tips to the search effort.

Maybe you are privy to some info, but I don't see what more his old man could have done. I am only speaking on behalf of a friend who talks to him.

Ben's dad isn't exactly as pure as the driven snow, but he has done as much as could be expected. Made sure Ben didn't blow the lot during his playing days was his chief contribution.

Needs to spend atleast 6mths in a secure rehab. If he can't beat his addiction, I fear for his next headline (after he surrenders to police that is on his warrant if the magistrate gives him that chance).

Needs to spend atleast 6mths in a secure rehab. If he can't beat his addiction, I fear for his next headline (after he surrenders to police that is on his warrant if the magistrate gives him that chance).
The one issue with this is if he just goes through the motions for 6 months and then gets back on it as soon as he is out. If he doesn't put his hand up and actually want help there is nothing to stop him doing this.

True, it's his last chance.

The one issue with this is if he just goes through the motions for 6 months and then gets back on it as soon as he is out. If he doesn't put his hand up and actually want help there is nothing to stop him doing this.

Should be a condition of his parole when released that he has to submit to weekly testing or he goes to jail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if it would actually be better to give him a very short stint (like a few weeks) in a "real" jail. Make him appreciate the difference between a rehab centre and prison.

If rehab is seen as nothing more than a joke, maybe giving him a jarring wakeup call like this is what is needed. No more pissing about in rehab Ben, if you keep going down this road you'll be doing proper "time".

Mainy was completely different to Cousins. The joke is you bringing that up in this thread.

Why is the joke on him, Mainy died from a cocktail of drugs overdose and has a wing named after him.

Cousins is a self confessed junkie whose life is spiralling out of control,

You weren't one of the people holding up the " we applaud what you have overcome Ben " banners were you ? He really sucked you blokes in.

Why is the joke on him, Mainy died from a cocktail of drugs overdose and has a wing named after him.

Cousins is a self confessed junkie whose life is spiralling out of control,

You weren't one of the people holding up the " we applaud what you have overcome Ben " banners were you ? He really sucked you blokes in.

the biggest issue for mine, is that out of worsfolds own words, cousins repeated the exact same speech word for word when he was confronted about his drug use, that mainy used when he was confronted about his off-field issues

then you have mckenna on open mike the other day saying the club tried to get mainy to go sober when he was playing, played a terrible 3 weeks, so they said to go back to what he was doing and they turned a blind eye to it

now they're immortalising one of the blokes who helped instil a poor and reckless culture that has affected the lives of many young players (now retired)

the reality is nisbert didnt want to deal with the issue back then and he still doesnt want to deal with it and tries to avoid it at every chance. gets very uncomfortable when its brought up

the biggest issue for mine, is that out of worsfolds own words, cousins repeated the exact same speech word for word when he was confronted about his drug use, that mainy used when he was confronted about his off-field issues

then you have mckenna on open mike the other day saying the club tried to get mainy to go sober when he was playing, played a terrible 3 weeks, so they said to go back to what he was doing and they turned a blind eye to it

now they're immortalising one of the blokes who helped instil a poor and reckless culture that has affected the lives of many young players (now retired)

the reality is nisbert didnt want to deal with the issue back then and he still doesnt want to deal with it and tries to avoid it at every chance. gets very uncomfortable when its brought up
I found a certain biography in a Subiaco bookstore of all places last year.
The irony in the following passage is sad beyond belief.
And no - I am in no way suggesting the Father is in any way responsible for the son's demise.

IMG.jpg

I found a certain biography in a Subiaco bookstore of all places last year.
The irony in the following passage is sad beyond belief.
And no - I am in no way suggesting the Father is in any way responsible for the son's demise.

View attachment 122788

what book is it? did you blank out the name?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back