Scandal Ben Cousins at it again - Arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly feel like Ben Cousins has about 5-10 years before he turns into one of those crackheads you see on the street who wander around mumbling to themselves because their minds have been absolutely cooked by a litany of drugs

I honestly feel like Ben Cousins has about 5-10 years before he turns into one of those crackheads you see on the street who wander around mumbling to themselves because their minds have been absolutely cooked by a litany of drugs
He's turning into Christian Bale in Fighter.

F#@K OFF

BEN COUSINS has had slack cut for him his entire life

Thats why he is where he is today, not that he knows where he is
Perhaps it's time someone shot Bambi.

This bloke has had Family, Friends, Team-mates, "Influential Crime Figures" the WA Press and the WCE organization hanging off his coat-tails since he was old enough to gain the attention of the national AFL talent scouts.
If all accounts are to be believed, he was well into the drugs whilst still in school - alarm bells anyone ???
I don't care how naive people may claim to be, but someone amongst the above mentioned persons must have had an inkling this scenario could eventuate.
Yet now everyone is feeling sorry for him and feeling even more sorry for them?

I am sure his family and friends are decent people, but they also stood by and watched this happen over the last 20 years.
They soaked in the accolades and enjoyed all the advantages when he was at the peak of his popularity but they had to know there was an underlying issue that they perhaps turned a blind eye to.
That's something they now have to deal with until the day dot.

There comes a point where someone of influence has to make a decision regarding what is best for a person.
That point was well before any Brownlow or Premiership Medals were won.
It was too late by then.
Those persons of influence have to share some of the blame for this tragedy.

Perhaps it's time someone shot Bambi.

This bloke has had Family, Friends, Team-mates, "Influential Crime Figures" the WA Press and the WCE organization hanging off his coat-tails since he was old enough to gain the attention of the national AFL talent scouts.
If all accounts are to be believed, he was well into the drugs whilst still in school - alarm bells anyone ???
I don't care how naive people may claim to be, but someone amongst the above mentioned persons must have had an inkling this scenario could eventuate.
Yet now everyone is feeling sorry for him and feeling even more sorry for them?

I am sure his family and friends are decent people, but they also stood by and watched this happen over the last 20 years.
They soaked in the accolades and enjoyed all the advantages when he was at the peak of his popularity but they had to know there was an underlying issue that they perhaps turned a blind eye to.
That's something they now have to deal with until the day dot.

There comes a point where someone of influence has to make a decision regarding what is best for a person.
That point was well before any Brownlow or Premiership Medals were won.
It was too late by then.
Those persons of influence have to share some of the blame for this tragedy.

I hope you are not in any way laying blame at the feet of his parents for the state he is in

I hope you are not in any way laying blame at the feet of his parents for the state he is in
The blame for Ben's predicament lies entirely with Ben and his choice of lifestyle and associates.

What I am saying is that there are others who could have made choices earlier on in the piece that could have influenced him that perhaps turned a blind eye due to the fact that there was this huge phenomenon that was Ben Cousins and everyone went along for the ride.
That does include family, friends, teammates and the WCE organisation.

I am sure that there are plenty of close associates who would like to have the opportunity to wind the clock back and perhaps steer him in another direction.

Hopefully this is the straw that broke the camels back and he gets the help he needs. Whether thats a forced stay in mental health facility or something who knows. Just be glad to see him off the streets and being looked after / monitored closely before he hurts or kills himself or someone else.

Can't be forced to go anywhere.

Bens a big boy and a no show today indicates that he no longer gives a *. Jail won't help - he will be feted and he will still be getting the drugs inside - may even get some more tacky tatts. Life is looking decidedly pathetic now and unfortunately not much anyone else can now do.

The blame for Ben's predicament lies entirely with Ben and his choice of lifestyle and associates.

What I am saying is that there are others who could have made choices earlier on in the piece that could have influenced him that perhaps turned a blind eye due to the fact that there was this huge phenomenon that was Ben Cousins and everyone went along for the ride.
That does include family, friends, teammates and the WCE organisation.

I am sure that there are plenty of close associates who would like to have the opportunity to wind the clock back and perhaps steer him in another direction.

Are you a parent ?

Can't be forced to go anywhere.
Jail won't help - he will be feted and he will still be getting the drugs

Possibly, possibly not. He wont be at risk of crashing his car in a drug fueled bender and killing someone in prison either.

Also: Late last month, WA Police Commissioner Karl O’Callaghan said police were considering requesting Cousins be made an involuntary patient for a 28-day psychiatric assessment under the Mental Health Act. - source - is on a News article in news.com.au ut cant post it off my phone for some reason.

Seems like a reasonable option to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F#@K OFF

BEN COUSINS has had slack cut for him his entire life

Thats why he is where he is today, not that he knows where he is
All i will say is i admire ben cousins very much, a brilliant footballer who is going though a rough patch, we all should be more supportive of him he has had a hard life.

Then I am astounded by your comments, if you think for one moment that Brian Cousins didn't do everything in his power to help his boy, then I don't know what to say to you.

Anyway its your opinion so fair enough.[/QUO
Then I am astounded by your comments, if you think for one moment that Brian Cousins didn't do everything in his power to help his boy, then I don't know what to say to you.

Anyway its your opinion so fair enough.
You are a smart person from previous posts I have read.
However you are not reading me correctly here.

You are a smart person from previous posts I have read.
However you are not reading me correctly here.

Obviously I cannot read your mind through a few quotes, but as a parent you give your kids every opportunity to reach the very best of their potential.

Benny did that and was poised to pen a deal that would make him the highest paid player in WA, with the obvious benefit of a successful media career post footy.

Maybe you are privy to some info, but I don't see what more his old man could have done. I am only speaking on behalf of a friend who talks to him.

I wish Cuzzy all the best and hope he snaps the * out of it and gets his life back on track with his missus and kids.

Being Ben Cousins would've been great fun for the first 30 years of his life

Protected by the WA media, WA police & WCE, until they couldn't protect him anymore

I have a close friend (former detective) who knew about Benny boy getting protection from within the WA police
Same mate's nephew played at WCE at the same time, he knew about Benny boy getting protection from within WCE

Anyone who's eyes are open in WA knew that Bennt boy was getting protection from within the WA media
I'm not excusing what Bens done. I personally think WCE should have acted earlier rather than protect him, but I just can't belive that the WA Police would protect him. Why would they?

All i will say is i admire ben cousins very much, a brilliant footballer who is going though a rough patch, we all should be more supportive of him he has had a hard life.

A rough patch? That's one hell of a euphemism for what is now at least a decade. I do hope that for the sake of his children, he can turn things around and be an admired father for them for many years to come.

I think that to say he has had a 'hard life' would be insulting to thousands of people whose very own hardship has been almost an inevitability. I think his current reality is really sad but to imply that he has been dealt a poor hand, leading to a 'hard life' is ridiculous.

Obviously I cannot read your mind through a few quotes, but as a parent you give your kids every opportunity to reach the very best of their potential.

Benny did that and was poised to pen a deal that would make him the highest paid player in WA, with the obvious benefit of a successful media career post footy.

Maybe you are privy to some info, but I don't see what more his old man could have done. I am only speaking on behalf of a friend who talks to him.

I wish Cuzzy all the best and hope he snaps the **** out of it and gets his life back on track with his missus and kids.

Brian seems to be doing all he can for him now, but I think mistakes were probably made much earlier in his life. Ben grew up with a disproportionately large ego from too much attention and adulation for his talents, and somehow never learnt about modesty and self-restraint. I'm sure his parents do feel a certain level of responsibility for how he has turned out - which is not to discredit them for their efforts in supporting him as they are now, but I think it would be fair to say mistakes were made and he needed more discipline and accountability at a much younger age.

I really hope Ben can get the help he needs. I don't want to see him dead and his kids without a father. Anyone who thinks it's funny and he's getting his comeuppance is a nasty piece of work in my opinion.

I'm hoping for a miracle Downey Jr like recovery. I thought that guy was going to wind up dead any day back then, but now he's pretty much the highest paid actor in Hollywood.

Scroll down to "Career troubles (1996-2001), read the first few paragraphs, and it's pretty much the same sh*t happening to Cousins right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Downey_Jr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back