Game Day Rd 3: Crows v Demons @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangers given his all for this club time and time again. Cut the crap

Danger himself would be disappointed with today. Not like Vince is known as one of the league's best shutdown players.

Of course he gives is all, kept giving it right to the end. Today will give him some good things to work on anyway, doubt he will be tormented to the extent he was today too often this year. Umps didn't help of course.

Wow Dangerfield's not as good as Ablett :eek:

Take from it what you want.

I am saying that the true stars of the competition Fyfe, Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Watson, etc have all learned to really deal with the tag. Sure they have their bad days, but they know how to deal with it.

The issue is that I don't think Danger has fully learned how to deal with it yet. Was completely beaten by Vince today.

Instead of 1 or 2 people acknowledging it on here - all you hear is how his teammates/umpires need to fix it for him. Throw in the injury excuse from last year and you have the trifecta.

I said this last week, and i'l say it again: I think people are still forgetting we finished 10th last year. 10th!

Last year we were 0-3. This year we are 3-0. 100% improvement!

There's no pictures on the scoreboard and the scoreboard reads 3-0.... give it time!

All eyes on the Dome tonight .... MWA HA HA. Will hold Bay 13 fire until then.

I am saying that the true stars of the competition Fyfe, Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Watson, etc have all learned to really deal with the tag. Sure they have their bad days, but they know how to deal with it.

The issue is that I don't think Danger has fully learned how to deal with it yet. Was completely beaten by Vince today.

Instead of 1 or 2 people acknowledging it on here - all you hear is how his teammates/umpires need to fix it for him. Throw in the injury excuse from last year and you have the trifecta.

I actually agree with you. I think not being a pure mid means he actually has less tools to shake the tag, when realistically he should have more.

I reckon Watson's the one that deals with the hard tag the best now. And he had huge problems with it in his earlier years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its when the game got ugly that we excelled. Ironically I would have pictured us winning when the conditions were better.

I would not have expected to get those 2 goals straight after half time, thought the Melbourne defence would have been well and truly fortified. That broke the game open ... relatively.

I reckon Watson's the one that deals with the hard tag the best now. And he had huge problems with it in his earlier years.

Absolutely. Agree 100%. Its definitely a learned skill, not something that is taught.

I just worry if he has enough Agro about him.

There is no questioning his attack on the footy. 100% bull in that regard.
I also think he stands up for team mates. I just think he struggles to stand up for himself.

Another learning experience for Hartigan, his first ever AFL game in the wet? Give the guy a break.
No......it's clear we're 2 KPP away from a premiership side

Hartigan is a bandaid ......there's some serious flaws in his decision making that really worries me:

1. The kicking .....that will improve

2. Handball ......never seen a bad handballer till Hartigan ?

3. For a tall / big guy his core strength is bad and he gets unbalanced easily

4. But the most worrying is Hartigans judgement of spoils ......he misses them buy a mile, meaning his eye/hand judgement is poor ....which leads to thepoor kicking / handball ....won't improve

I would not have expected to get those 2 goals straight after half time, thought the Melbourne defence would have been well and truly fortified. That broke the game open ... relatively.

I never thought I would be saying this buy CEY has become a weapon and a half. The kid was lost and gone as an AFL player. When players like Danger, Sloane et al are tagged hard, its the second tier that need to stand up.

Betts broke the game open too with his work on the boundary to set up the late goal in the first quarter.

Not enjoying when Roo is commentating. Dunstall does a better job in providing more insight and analysis to the game.

Yeah, I was gonna say that at start of game. I reckon they should just to Roo in the quarter breaks for a bit of analysis. Or keep him in the studio with Sandy?

Always love Crows fans who try to paint Dangerfield as a spud.

Talk about the Big Yellow Taxi zone...

Not a spud mate. You can love a player but discuss his weaknesses and where he needs to improve.

Its one of the big problems with this board. Any criticism of Dangers game is off limits. There is a reason he isn't Captain and hasn't won a best and fairest at the club.

Danger was beaten by his direct opponent today. Its 100% on him.

You can blame the umpires, the weather, his teammates or whoever the hell you want. Just enjoy the smell of your own head up your ass.

No......it's clear we're 2 KPP away from a premiership side

Hartigan is a bandaid ......there's some serious flaws in his decision making that really worries me:

1. The kicking .....that will improve

2. Handball ......never seen a bad handballer till Hartigan ?

3. For a tall / big guy his core strength is bad and he gets unbalanced easily

4. But the most worrying is Hartigans judgement of spoils ......he misses them buy a mile, meaning his eye/hand judgement is poor ....which leads to thepoor kicking / handball ....won't improve

I dont disagree with you, but given Hartigan time he is raw but he will mature. Even Truck took time to become a quality defender.

Thommo's positioning, body work, taps, decision making, experience is very good
he just amazes me with his consistency of effort ....Dangerfield a long way off that standard ...Sloane closer and CEY so far good consistency and great composure

Danger himself would be disappointed with today. Not like Vince is known as one of the league's best shutdown players.

Of course he gives is all, kept giving it right to the end. Today will give him some good things to work on anyway, doubt he will be tormented to the extent he was today too often this year. Umps didn't help of course.
Oh disagree ,,,has done some great jobs in the past

he just amazes me with his consistency of effort ....Dangerfield a long way off that standard ...Sloane closer and CEY so far good consistency and great composure

That tackle that he laid on that indigenous kid running into an open goal was brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back