Society/Culture Are Australians more racist than other nationalities?

Remove this Banner Ad

Also lol at Australia being more racist than Indonesia.

As recently as 1998, over a thousand ethnic Chinese were killed and over 160 were raped in racial riots in Jakarta.

But apparently there are no racial issues:rolleyes:
Shhh don't mention West Papua

I prefer to compare Australia to other 1st world countries, you know, the countries we see ourselves being equal to.

Maggie5 on the other hand reckons we're more racist than Indonesia and Malaysia?

Save for the Scandinavians which 1st countries are less racist than us?

Australia is not a racist country at all*

It's one of the most welcoming and tolerant countries in the world.

Malaysians, Italians, Indonesians, Americans.
Perhaps I should have put equal with the English.
Italians? There is quite a lot of racism against Africans there. For example, their first black cabinet minister has been subjected to tirades of racial abuse. She was referred to as an orangutan by a senator and has had bananas thrown at her. There are also increasing anti-Roma sentiments and lets not get started on the racism in soccer over there. Yes, that is a problem Europe wide but one that is very prominent in Italy. AC Milan youths as young as ten were recently racially abused by parents and the current manager of the national team said that their youth team has too many blacks.

Not sure about the Americans either.

Last edited:
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your point is? Reverse racism?
If so way off the mark.
wtf is reverse racism
you displayed racism by stepping out the discussion about racism in different countries and straight to focusing on the poster's own ethnic/racial background as if that is relevant
person disagrees with me, they must be race 'X'!

wtf is reverse racism
you displayed racism by stepping out the discussion about racism in different countries and straight to focusing on the poster's own ethnic/racial background as if that is relevant
person disagrees with me, they must be race 'X'!
Have you ever experienced it? I have, but never by anyone from a non English speaking background.
I don't care what ethnic background a person has, more important as to what type of human being they are.
The asylum seekers situation also Islam/terrorism and the mistrust arising from this is changing this country. It was one of the most of tolerant countries around. Certain sections of the media haven't helped.
The period between 1950 to 1970 was pretty tough, got better for a while was great in the '90's, now we seem to be back to the '50's.
Can only draw on personal experiences, my own and those around me.

Have you ever experienced it? I have, but never by anyone from a non English speaking background.
I don't care what ethnic background a person has, more important as to what type of human being they are.
The asylum seekers situation also Islam/terrorism and the mistrust arising from this is changing this country. It was one of the most of tolerant countries around. Certain sections of the media haven't helped.
The period between 1950 to 1970 was pretty tough, got better for a while was great in the '90's, now we seem to be back to the '50's.

Massive exaggeration

Of course I have experienced it, and it exists in Australia, but the question tho is whether Australians are more racist than other nationalities. Your claims that Australia is more racist than Indonesia, Malaysia, Italy and the US are just ridiculous

Of course I have experienced it, and it exists in Australia, but the question tho is whether Australians are more racist than other nationalities. Your claims that Australia is more racist than Indonesia, Malaysia, Italy and the US are just ridiculous
I can only speak of how I see it, if it ridiculous to you so be it.
Shan't respond in kind, not how I post.

Nope.

But you also seem to think that Malaysia and Indonesia are less racist than Australia so you don't have any credibility at all.
Have you been to either country?
Let me give you an example, couple walking through shopping centre both wearing Tshirt and shorts, can walk about freely without ridicule or comments. Same couple dressed in their traditional garb (Muslims) in my suburb, sneers, derogatory comments, why?
You may challenge my credibility as much as you like, can only draw on what I have seen.

Have you been to either country?
Let me give you an example, couple walking through shopping centre both wearing Tshirt and shorts, can walk about freely without ridicule or comments. Same couple dressed in their traditional garb (Muslims) in my suburb, sneers, derogatory comments, why?
You may challenge my credibility as much as you like, can only draw on what I have seen.

Yeah.
I go back to Malaysia every year to see my family back in Penang.

Have you ever wondered why Chinese Indonesians don't have Chinese surnames?

Or why universities in Malaysia depend on racial quotas?

Or why a thousand ethnic Chinese were killed in riots in Jakarta as recently as 1998?

But no you went to KL for a fortnight.

Clearly people making comments about Hijabs is more racist than forcing Chinese people to change their surnames or letting people get better educations because they belong to a certain race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back