• Redskins

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so in love with this thread. It's still delivering hard and fast :D

I still fail to see why 'experts' continue to grade our drafts when they get shown up for morons year after year.

I remember last year the experts canned the Panthers draft but by the end of the season they had about 3 guys in the first round in the end of season re-do of the draft. It happens in all sports with a draft though.

Bill Belichick on the challenge that awaits each drafted player: "The biggest challenge for all these players is to get on our program. For the last six months, they’ve been a man without a country. They have no team, they have their own individual, whatever it is, situation, and they’re trying to figure out, ‘How do I best get ready for the NFL?’ And that is all 32 teams or however many it is showing interest in them and trying to figure out, ‘How do I prepare for that?’ Each guy has been an independent contractor; they’ve been on their own whatever it is: their own trainer, their own training system, their agent, whatever they’ve been doing. And right now, that’s all changed and they can forget about all that and they need to become New England Patriots. That’s what we’re going to start getting to work on. They’ve got to get out of that mentality of ‘I’ll get up when I feel like it. I’ll go to work when I feel like it. I’ll eat where [I feel like it]. All that. I’ll train the way I want to train.’ They’re done with that. That will be a huge adjustment for them. I don’t care where they came from, I don’t care what position they play. None of that makes any difference. They haven’t been doing it and they’re going to start doing it and they’re going to start doing a lot of it. They’re going to be doing it for day after day after day for a long time going forward – if they can, if they’re successful. That will be a big adjustment for them. It will be a big adjustment for every rookie because none of them have been doing that. Welcome to the NFL. That will start Thursday. They’ll get a big dose of New England Patriots football over the next whatever we’ve got, six weeks – however long it is. We’ll give them everything we can in heavy doses, try to get them ready for training camp and they’ll get even more then. The strong will survive. The other ones will fall off. And we’ll keep going."

Updating a previous item, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told SI's Robert Klemko LSU G/T La'El Collins would not be eligible to re-enter the 2016 draft if he goes undrafted on Saturday.

In a conflicting report, an unnamed GM reportedly told former scout Russell Lande Collins could re-enter 2016 draft whether he is drafted or not. There is no language in the CBA that covers undrafted players re-entering the draft the following season, meaning a lengthy fight awaits if Collins goes undrafted on Saturday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lins-goes-undrafted-not-eligible-for-16-draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said before, why wouldn't a team use their 7th round (* even very late 7th!!) to draft. I f he doesn't sign, so be it, but you've got him. He doesn't have to go UDFA and it's minimal pay. If he insists not to sign, what has a team lost? Doesn't make sense.

Like I said before, why wouldn't a team use their 7th round (* even very late 7th!!) to draft. I f he doesn't sign, so be it, but you've got him. He doesn't have to go UDFA and it's minimal pay. If he insists not to sign, what has a team lost? Doesn't make sense.
Especially the Cardinals with Mr Irrelevant pick. But you know every team still values those 7th rounders, and late late 7th rounders. Filling out their special teams needs.

Especially the Cardinals with Mr Irrelevant pick. But you know every team still values those 7th rounders, and late late 7th rounders. Filling out their special teams needs.

Yeah but we're talking about a first round tackle...top 10 pick even! Get your special teamers as UDFA.

Because in every news report he'll be referred to as "Houston Texan player La'el Collins". While it may seem minor, having a Houston Texan involved in a murder investigation isn't exactly the greatest publicity for the club. And with the way the league has been going the past couple of years, it's all about appearances.

Because in every news report he'll be referred to as "Houston Texan player La'el Collins". While it may seem minor, having a Houston Texan involved in a murder investigation isn't exactly the greatest publicity for the club. And with the way the league has been going the past couple of years, it's all about appearances.
Dallas should've drafted him, they don't mind having a team full of criminals.

If he's charged you cut him. At the moment not a suspect

If he's charged you cut him. At the moment not a suspect

I'm not arguing. In the 7th round, I'd have thrown a pick at him - just so I at least had first crack at him, as opposed to the UDFA market. But it's easy to say that from here, I don't have a football team to run. In reality, nobody will bring that attention onto their club on the off chance the story takes an even darker turn.

How long do you retain rights to a player after drafting him? Am I right in thinking that it's only 12 months if they don't sign a contract?

If that's the case, it would explain why no one drafted Collins. 12 months isn't long to wait if his advice is that he can nominate next year, or if he thinks he can get a better deal than a 7th round rookie as a free agent.

Back