We're currently 4-2 with six games to come:

R7: Gold Coast (h)
R8: St Kilda (a)
R9: Geelong (h)
R10: North Melbourne (a)
R11: Essendon (h)
R12: Richmond (a)

Are these all winnable?
Based on todays performance, you would have to atleast give the team a fighting chance in all of these games.

for me, GC, St Kilda and Richmond we go in as favourites. Essendon is a 50/50 and Geelong and North I'm not too sure on.

Really depends on if the team can sustain their current effort and build from it, rather than it being a flash in the pan sorta thing.

The optimist in me says we go 5-1 and drop either Geelong or North Melbourne. But my views could be blurred by the feeling after today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing a certain style and winning is better than playing a certain style and losing.
Of course it is, and I'd rather we won every game, but that's not realistic. I just hope we see the continued evolution of our playing style, and the players we've been playing in the positions we've been playing rather than reverting to the previous status quo. I can see a huge difference in how we've played and who we've played in what positions from the last couple of weeks in comparison to the first couple of weeks of the season.

Of course it is, and I'd rather we won every game, but that's not realistic. I just hope we see the continued evolution of our playing style, and the players we've been playing in the positions we've been playing rather than reverting to the previous status quo.
There can be no reverting.

Think we'll win the next couple and lose to Essendon (I'm still having flashbacks to last time Jobe did a number on us). The rest could go either way.

R7: Gold Coast (h) - 95% chance of win
R8: St Kilda (a) - 75%
R9: Geelong (h) - 70%
R10: North Melbourne (a) - 50%
R11: Essendon (h) - 60%
R12: Richmond (a) - 70%

So should go 4-2 or 5-1 with those probabilities

We're currently 4-2 with six games to come:

R7: Gold Coast (h)
R8: St Kilda (a)
R9: Geelong (h)
R10: North Melbourne (a)
R11: Essendon (h)
R12: Richmond (a)

Are these all winnable?

GC: W
St Kilda: 50/50
Geelong: 50/50
North: L
Essendon: 50/50
Richmond: 50/50

We need a good run in these string of games because we have a hellish end to the year.

7th to 10th is where I expect us to end up. Damn I wish we had a full team to pick from. :(

Well considering we beat port in port, we should go undefeated until the next derby.

Are we talking home finals, or am i slightly ahead of myself?

A bit early for this type of hype really.

Let's just concentrate on turning up like we have in the last 2 weeks before we start this sort of talk.

Probably 3-3 and maybe 4-2 but undefeated is fairy land.

Honestly on current form we'd just about go in favourite in all of those. I highly doubt we're gonna win all six, but I'd be disappointed with anything less than 4.

Let's ask Ricciuto. :drunk:
He'd probably say 0-6. :S

"Yeah west coast were good today, but port didn't play well. They are missing Walsh now he has joined the crows, and Mitch McGovern can't keep up that form at full back for too much longer. They will be found out next week against Gold Coast"

In answer to the question, 4-2 is very realistic if we keep up our form. Even 5-1 if we manage to snare the North game away. We do like playing North in Hobart. :)

Likely result is 3-3. Which would leave us 7-5, which is considerably better than where we all thought we would be returning from round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back