EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Word has it 8 Strathmore players missed a Sunday training session. Will test Clinnick to see what he does here.

Word has it 8 Strathmore players missed a Sunday training session. Will test Clinnick to see what he does here.

looks like those 8 players will be playing in Strathmore reserves side this week against Northern Saints, hopefully for Northern Saints reserves side those 8 players dont play at all any footy this week if true they missed the training session on the Sunday.

Do those Sunday training sessions really work?

Tips for the weekend:

Avondale by 54
Strathmore by 96
Abers by 16
West Coburg by 74
Greenvale by 22

West Coburg by 74 points???? Big call, why so much?. I could understand picking them, could go either way, but 74 points is a smacking.

Coburg Districts will not struggle. They already have multiple under 10 sides with the top side undefeated in Division 2, I do not know about the under 12's. Districts also have an under 8 side and a popular Auskick.
I drive past districts every night and there are a SHITLOAD of kids running around there. Not sure if it's juniors or Auskick but there are plenty of them. If they are struggling for kids I would hate to see how some of the other sides are faring.

I drive past districts every night and there are a SHITLOAD of kids running around there. Not sure if it's juniors or Auskick but there are plenty of them. If they are struggling for kids I would hate to see how some of the other sides are faring.

Thanks Oddball,
From memory this subject was raised due to the points system being introduced. I was wondering what points clubs with limited juniors will work to. I don't wish to spend to much time on 1 particular club but it was used as an example. From what I know The districts have worked hard on getting juniors going over recent years and you have confirmed this, but do they have u/18s & u/16s as the points system is designed to reduce the number of "big" recruits into 1 team, so the clubs with junior players will find it easier to be competitive..

PS: just on the Districts I know Glenroy were concerned about the impact on their juniors when Districts moved from wrfl to EDFL as less travel and better league..It's possible it's had "some" impact on Pacco's numbers as well.

Anyway we move on and deal with the cards we are dealt yeah!!

West Coburg by 74 points???? Big call, why so much?. I could understand picking them, could go either way, but 74 points is a smacking.

Not sure really. Just a feeling.

Thanks Oddball,
From memory this subject was raised due to the points system being introduced. I was wondering what points clubs with limited juniors will work to. I don't wish to spend to much time on 1 particular club but it was used as an example. From what I know The districts have worked hard on getting juniors going over recent years and you have confirmed this, but do they have u/18s & u/16s as the points system is designed to reduce the number of "big" recruits into 1 team, so the clubs with junior players will find it easier to be competitive..

PS: just on the Districts I know Glenroy were concerned about the impact on their juniors when Districts moved from wrfl to EDFL as less travel and better league..It's possible it's had "some" impact on Pacco's numbers as well.

Anyway we move on and deal with the cards we are dealt yeah!!

Did they complain when North Coburg merged with Fawkner?

Tips for the weekend:

Avondale by 54
Strathmore by 96
Abers by 16
West Coburg by 74
Greenvale by 22

Avondale by 8
Strathmore by 120
Pacco by 16
APW by 28(rested 8 players against Abers so they would be cherry ripe for this game) - Smart move, they know where they're at and making sure full strength for the winnable games
Greenvale by 60

Avondale by 8
Strathmore by 120
Pacco by 16
APW by 28(rested 8 players against Abers so they would be cherry ripe for this game) - Smart move, they know where they're at and making sure full strength for the winnable games
Greenvale by 60

Abers by 30
Heights by 60
Jets by 24
Mores by 120
APW by 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone's thought on Taylor jones from Avondale heights imo most underrated defender in the league

I have seen a bit of Taylor of the years, even before he went to Avondale, and his a good player. Is a good size for local footy, quick and has a good kick on him. Seems to be doing his job well and agree his underrated. To be honest I think he would be even better at FF or CHF. Good strong lead up player who has a long kick on him. I know he suits Avondale down back but IMO would be a better forward..

Who match up on BEN W from pacco this weekend? Abers have plenty to choose from any ideas?
I'd say their defensive set up as a collective will be well equipped to deal with him.
He's an agile target man as opposed to a physical presence so it's up to Houli/Davis to be able to cut off forward entries.

Absolutely, Potter is the best money they've spent in 3 years, out coached in 2 GF's.
Actually I'll go a step further he's the best coach they've ever had.
Well the current administration have had plenty of practice of going through the process of appointing the most important position in any club, so you would want to hope they have finally, potentially got it right!.

I don't know of many administrations of any organisations that have been given eight opportunities to potentially get the most important decision right!..

Absolutely, Potter is the best money they've spent in 3 years, out coached in 2 GF's.
Actually I'll go a step further he's the best coach they've ever had.

Didnt get the chockies against a super Oak Park side, but reckon Haro is the best Abers have had.

Which coaches do you think could transition to AFL assistants? Craig Clinnick is extremly highly regarded by anyone who has played under him so reckon he would go alright, is a senior manager with Coles so might not be prepared to take a pay cut. Anthony Rock would be the other i reckon could make it.

Why did Antony Rock leave Greenvale as he surely did a good job there??

Wonder where the coaches come under the points system. This will be interesting as some coaches are getting good coin..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back