Preview Changes/pre-match discussion v Collingwood (FINAL CHANGES: OUT: Wood/Jacobs IN: Brown/Swallow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Turner, Daw, Brown
Out: Gibbo, Waite (inj), LMac.

Dumont full game.

Nahas sub.
This looks about right. Would have Mullett in also though

Definetly need the 3 tall forward structure again.
B.S. has announced the team for next week !

Archer11 IUB BigEasy
Phillyroo Chazdog Tazaa
Twinkletoes Spitta2azza Gorman2 Geister
Hojuman Niko74 Chadwiko
Donkeychop Zondor Benbanjo

Gasometer Nate7 Ziebull

Boneofshin. Onlyfowards. Marklovesbeer. K4E

Apologies to all l have left out. I'm your Ash Watson, Liam Anthony type. You'll get a game the next week after l'm dropped. :(
Haha like it, some quality in that midfield :thumbsu:

Is Brown only out a week?

Anyone got some inside info? Hope it's not worse than just soreness.

I have Brown listed as in previously but if not then;
Out; Atley LMac
In; Mullett Turner

Does the club know that opposition sides say to themselves before they play us, "go out and smash these soft campaigners boys. A bit of pressure and they all turn to water"
And its 100% truth.

What a *in indictment on the club.

and bring back a tall (Daw or bbb) for a small need 3 tall forwards
What's the extra B for?

latest

Does the club know that opposition sides say to themselves before they play us, "go out and smash these soft campaigners boys. A bit of pressure and they all turn to water"
And its 100% truth.

What a ****in indictment on the club.

How you know this is factual ?

Agree it probably is.

And its 100% truth.

What a ****in indictment on the club.
While publicly they say, y"ou know you'll all ways get a contest when you play the Kangaroos". It shits me to hears when you hear the opposition say this as I know that they know its a load of crap!

Our back line is solid, our forward line is capable and our mids are a disgrace. How can we expect any output from our forward line when our mids aren't in control of central part of the field? And our poor back line, constantly u dear pressure because our mids allow the ball to be bombed in to the back line. Anyone making any comments about anything but the midfield is either emotional or smoking ganja.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Wood, Gibson, McDonald, Macmillan, Bastinac.

In: Brown, Daw, Black, Turner, Mckenzie

The Five I have mentioned need to go and work on their hardness and have a fair dinkum look in the mirror.

How Macmillan is in the leadership group is beyond me. He is a cat.

Bastinac needs to go to another club

Out Tarrant and Wood
In Daw and Brown

If Swallow fit then Gibbo has to come out.

After 8 rounds I can safely say the Tarrant in defense idea has not worked. He offers nothing at ground level and even less in the air. The most uninspiring footballer l have seen since Mario Turco.

Wood has a future but right now I think we need some x factor in the team (Daw).

Last edited:
The first change is pretty obvious with Brown coming in for Waite, but that's obviously assuming that Waite will need a week off and that Brown is ready to come back in.

Secondly, I'd bring out McDonald and replace him with Daw. I love McDonald but his disposal is costing us, hopefully it doesn't take him long to fix his kicking in the VFL because we need everything else that he brings to the side.

Atley gets another chance as he'll play down back to cover for Luke McDonald. This happened last night so I think we'll see it again next week. Hopefully his kicking improves with the game in front of him because he has shown in the past that he can be an elite kick. He deserves a spot in his natural position but this is his last chance.

There's no good replacement for Gibson yet, so I think he's going to start as the sub next week. It'll give him the message that he needs to tidy up his disposal or else, whilst giving Mullett and Fordham another week to be prepared for AFL football. If he has another shocker than Mullett will be straight in.

Turner might be another change but I honestly don't know who for, perhaps if both Waite and BBB aren't fit then he could find his way into the side. Others that could also come out for him are Wood and Nahas but I don't think either change would accomplish much.

In: Daw, Brown
Out: McDonald, Waite

Those will be the changes that I think we'll make, with Mullett, Fordham, Swallow and Turner right on the cusp of taking the jobs of Atley, Gibson, Wood and Nahas.

After 8 rounds I can safely say the Tarrant in defense idea has not worked. He offers nothing at ground level and even less in the air. The most uninspiring footballer l have seen since Mario Turco.

This is the worst post I have ever seen.

out-bastinac/gibson, lmac
in-daw, turner

only one of basti or gibbo will go (if either) and lmac needs a spell

daw to be the third tall, turner to play another small in the firward line, with LT playing more in the middle

dumont to play full game, nahas sub.

id love to say fishy in, but needs at least another game for conditioning.

Below numbers are totals that specifically compare the disposal and goal outputs of Fremantle's midfielders vs Norths.

Freo:
Disposals: 1110
Goals: 35

North:
Disposals: 1020
Goals: 20

You can tweak the forward line and back line all you want, but if you lose the center, then your forwards get no delivery and your defenders are able to hold the fort only for so long before the goals come through.

Our mids don't tackle, kick goals or win the disposal numbers. Even with Goldy in fine form!

My question then is. WTF are they doing.

We have ZERO, depth in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back