Autopsy Round 8: Port Adelaide V Richmond @ Adelaide Oval - Changes for Essendon

You can vote for up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I made the comment to the Mrs during the game that if this game style is played in a GF we commend them teams for strong defence but during the home and away season we say it is boring. I thought it was great defence by the tigers when they were under the pump. (I was not saying that the time mind you lol)
We usually cane it cos we usually heck it up every time we try it.
Boring football littered with turnovers has been infuriating.
Hopefully we've turned a corner.
Maybe Dimma was on the right track all along.
Not sure yet.

Where is the myth coming from? Averaged well over 20 disposals in his underage year at TAC cup level and over 22 possession last year while his foot was screwed, plus TAC cup has no time on. Not to mention he racked them up 20+ and 30+ in two of his VFL games.
22 is hardly a ball magnet for an inside mid. He also drifted out of games badly and had periods where he didn't impact the game the way a player of his talent should of. Jets semi for one. Not a big ball winner but a "more with less" type.

Good to hear Finey coping it on SEN via the text messages!
Actually laughing because Finey is having to talk Eurovision because Tiger supporters aren't ringing in or not getting a go.

Got to love we all go quiet in the media when we start getting a bit of a roll on. Don't blame us. We know better.

Nice grinding win today and it was great to see the pressure applied to the opposition at contests and whenever they tried to switch play or bring it through the corridor. The game was mostly played on Richmond's terms and Hinkley had no plan B.

An interesting weekend with teams that play high risk, high reward mostly going down. But I think it's far too early to say that style of play won't succeed.

I'd love to see more balance in our game style. The ability to grind it out but also move it through the corridor quickly to kick a high score. Hawthorn, Sydney, and Freo all grind and use speed to move the ball during a game. But to do it you need a couple of elite runners that have great ball use...something we're still developing.

More great performances from Jack and Lids, but it also highlights just how reliant we are on these two to kick a winning score. It will be interesting to see how the forward line goes with the Bean coming in as the third tall. I know I've bagged TV, but I'd rather him in than Griff. Griff does a few good things but that's it. TV offers more around the ground and is a better user of the ball.

Great to win against a team that pounded us last year. The boys efforts and resolve showed we were much better than the team that turned up to that final last year.

PS. Worst thing about winning is I can't change this ******* avatar...we're 2 for 2 with it and changing it will heck up everything.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22 is hardly a ball magnet for an inside mid. He also drifted out of games badly and had periods where he didn't impact the game the way a player of his talent should of. Jets semi for one. Not a big ball winner but a "more with less" type.

22 in 80 minutes is very good.

Nathan Freeman averaged the same in his last year of TAC cup.

Nice grinding win today and it was great to see the pressure applied to the opposition at contests and whenever they tried to switch play or bring it through the corridor. The game was mostly played on Richmond's terms and Hinkley had no plan B.

An interesting weekend with teams that play high risk, high reward mostly going down. But I think it's far too early to say that style of play won't succeed.

I'd love to see more balance in our game style. The ability to grind it out but also move it through the corridor quickly to kick a high score. Hawthorn, Sydney, and Freo all grind and use speed to move the ball during a game. But to do it you need a couple of elite runners that have great ball use...something we're still developing.

More great performances from Jack and Lids, but it also highlights just how reliant we are on these two to kick a winning score. It will be interesting to see how the forward line goes with the Bean coming in as the third tall. I know I've bagged TV, but I'd rather him in than Griff. Griff does a few good things but that's it. TV offers more around the ground and is a better user of the ball.

Great to win against a team that pounded us last year. The boys efforts and resolve showed we were much better than the team that turned up to that final last year.

PS. Worst thing about winning is I can't change this ******* avatar...we're 2 for 2 with it and changing it will **** up everything.
Actually thought Griff provided more around the ground for us this time round.

Great win, from the coach down.

As someone who opposed the new clash jumper, I have to say it looks great, even if the Port supporters in the commentary box didn't think it was worth mentioning. Not once, even though it was the first time in 130 years we've played in a yellow jumper.

(Although it's more gold than yellow, as is our sash on the regular jumper. Still, that's ok. It looks better.)
LOVED the clash jumper. Loved, loved, loved.
Commentary was terrible. Only one side playing.

i
When I finally got back to watching after having household duties to attend too I thought something tragic had happened, then I looked at the score and realised it was just Richmond winning such was the tone of the commentators.

I agree, I commented to the old man they were so solemn you'd think someone had literally died on the footy oval tonight. So unprofessional.

I made the comment to the Mrs during the game that if this game style is played in a GF we commend them teams for strong defence but during the home and away season we say it is boring. I thought it was great defence by the tigers when they were under the pump. (I was not saying that the time mind you lol)
I'm with that soccer coach in the EPL...the special one...when bagged about how boring his game style is he answered '5 years with no trophies is boring.'
I don't care how we win...I just want the trophies.

Back