Snoops Annual List Strategy incl Trade & DRAFT targets

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we should go for Suckling and Dixon. That's all.

We won't be able to get Treloar. Danger is too big a name to come to us.

Hawks board are not too fond of Suckling. Maybe we should steer clear.

Hawks board are not too fond of Suckling. Maybe we should steer clear.

And we wont get Dixon - Brisbane and Carlton will throw the house at him if he doesn't re-sign with the Suns. He's a QLD boy so a big fat contract from the Lions would probably get him over the line more so than a move interstate to another low or mid-table club.

I don't even want Danger - not sure what all the fuss is about to be honest considering how much salary cap space he'll take up. He's certainly has regressed a bit from when I was really rating him a few years ago and I reckon he has more wear on the tires body-wise than your regular 25yo on-baller due to the amount of punishment he's been taking over the past few years.

Is he still a good player - definitely. Am I falling over myself and are willing to throw the house at him in order to get him over on a $700k+ contract over 4-5 years (and that's what he'll command as a bare minimum) - definitely not.

Last edited:

And we wont get Dixon - Brisbane and Carlton will throw the house at him if he doesn't re-sign with the Suns. He's a QLD boy so a big fat contract from the Lions would probably get him over the line more so than a move interstate to another low or mid-table club.

I don't even want Danger - not sure what all the fuss is about to be honest considering how much salary cap space he'll take up. He's certainly has regressed a bit from when I was really rating him a few years ago and I reckon he has more wear on the tires body-wise than your regular 25yo on-baller due to the amount of punishment he's been taking over the past few years.

Is he still a good player - definitely. Am I falling over myself and are willing to throw the house at him in order to get him over on a $700k+ contract over 4-5 years (and that's what he'll command as a bare minimum) - definitely not.

Treloar and Shiel are the go for me unless Dixon/Lynch are definitely available. Just aim for one of them and get them done.

That's great that everybody wants a Dixon or Treloar or Shiel and we can offer them big bucks but what is one prepared to offer the club to get one of them?. Lets be realistic they are not going to want a Fasolo or a Witts.

I said it about a month ago...throw everything at Dixon. We have cap space and probably a top 10 pick to work with plus a surplus of defenders.

A forward line of cloke and dixon would be enormous, and dixon can ruck too.

Only Problem would be Lions also making a Massive Offer and Dixon is a QLD Boy

Whispers lately have been Dixon has committed to the Suns and it's just a matter of time.

I said it about a month ago...throw everything at Dixon. We have cap space and probably a top 10 pick to work with plus a surplus of defenders.

A forward line of cloke and dixon would be enormous, and dixon can ruck too.

Whilst Dixon's season so far has been better, I would much prefer us chase Tom Lynch. I reckon he is the better player and a Victorian to boot.

Whilst Dixon's season so far has been better, I would much prefer us chase Tom Lynch. I reckon he is the better player and a Victorian to boot.

and a Pies Supporter as a Kid

Snoop Dog anyone tickle your fancy or catch your eye from the first couple of games of the championships. (If you saw any footage) maybe someone that hasn't been talked up yet? Cheers mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snoop Dog anyone tickle your fancy or catch your eye from the first couple of games of the championships. (If you saw any footage) maybe someone that hasn't been talked up yet? Cheers mate.

I didnt see any of them unfortunately so looking forward to seeing some of the vision. Saw the results though and was pleased to see the kid Smith from WA do well. When we talk about tall forwards this kids name should be in the mix and I suspect when people see him on TV they will be really keen to see him. Few others was pleased to see do well not least was Markov from SA who I was pretty keen on last year. Kid Partington really shone to and he will be a name people will talk about.

In the other game was pleased to Balic do well and as a bit of a fan of Ben Crocker that was a good performance for him.

You would have to think Charlie Dixon would be a terrific acquisition but I keep hearing he is staying with the Suns. They have been sensational to him ever since he was a junior so be staggered to see him come to Vic.

Craig Stewarts comments re his son wouldnt have made getting James back any easier and James's kicking was again a bit off so given the issues we already have would want to see more positive goal kicking than I'm seeing now.

No way McCarthy will be allowed to leave. That was a huge performance.

The name that is on the 'hasnt re-signed yet' list is Jake Carlisle and there was a lot of talk last year he was not happy with things at Essendon. Problem is he prefers playing back than forward I think.

Snoop, this might have been asked already but I am a little excited about young Burton being available around selections 6 to 12 in this year's draft. I understand he might only be 191/192 cm metre key forward (Roughead and Gunston are193cm) but is he worth the punt. Apparently he will be back from his leg issues and is a slight chance to play u18 champs.
As you would know he played 3 games in last years champs as a bottom age player and he kicked 9 goals. 5 goals straight in one game against WA, some footage at the 4:40 mark of the following eyecatcher video.
http://woo-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinew...HERS_EP1_2805_WEB_v2_S_2461292979__839795.mp4
He looks to be a real talent, Stringer from WB had similar leg issues but they took the punt. Obviously CFC will do their homework on the leg issue, so if he is given the all clear then he can lead, mark and kick.

Last edited:
You would have to think Charlie Dixon would be a terrific acquisition but I keep hearing he is staying with the Suns. They have been sensational to him ever since he was a junior so be staggered to see him come to Vic.

Craig Stewarts comments re his son wouldnt have made getting James back any easier and James's kicking was again a bit off so given the issues we already have would want to see more positive goal kicking than I'm seeing now.

The name that is on the 'hasnt re-signed yet' list is Jake Carlisle and there was a lot of talk last year he was not happy with things at Essendon. Problem is he prefers playing back than forward I think.

end of last year carlisle was going to the hawks when his contracted finished. very unhappy about the last 3 years.

Snoop, this might have been asked already but I am a little excited about young Burton being available around selections 6 to 12 in this year's draft. I understand he might only be 191/192 cm metre key forward (Roughead and Gunston are193cm) but is he worth the punt. Apparently he will be back from his leg issues and is a slight chance to play u18 champs.
As you would know he played 3 games in last years champs as a bottom age player and he kicked 9 goals. 5 goals straight in one game against WA, some footage at the 4:40 mark of the following eyecatcher video.
http://woo-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinew...HERS_EP1_2805_WEB_v2_S_2461292979__839795.mp4
He looks to be a real talent, Stringer from WB had similar leg issues but they took the punt. Obviously CFC will do their homework on the leg issue, so if he is given the all clear then he can lead, mark and kick.

he fits our criteria for early picks. don't play for a year or two...

Jake Carlisle would be a huge acquisition. I see him as being just as good as Reid in the back half with his ability to beat a key forward and then also intercept mark and rebound as good as any. If Reid ever gets back, it would mean we could throw him (Reid) forward and make us pretty potent up front.

I'd have no issues with offering up our first and a sweetner.

Jake Carlisle would be a huge acquisition. I see him as being just as good as Reid in the back half with his ability to beat a key forward and then also intercept mark and rebound as good as any. If Reid ever gets back, it would mean we could throw him (Reid) forward and make us pretty potent up front.

Yeah - Would let Reid and Moore to play Forward.

Though would Essendon trade with us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back