Preview Changes/pre-match discussion v Collingwood (FINAL CHANGES: OUT: Wood/Jacobs IN: Brown/Swallow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why everyone wants Gibson out. He had a poor game last week but his last quarter against the drug cheats was awesome.
really? think its been covered all over why we don't want Gibson in the team.

anyway assuming brown plays then our third tall will be one of Daw or Waite, Daw my preference. Both play if brown misses

meaning in: Swallow, Brown and Daw
out: Jacobs, Wood and Waite

and if swallow doesn't play then would much prefer Turner in over loose and starts as sub

So Dumont stays in thats good..
Yes Atley has been down but he is our fastest player and take him out we look really slow.
Gibson very lucky but i knew he woudn't
be dropped..

Of the side that played against Fremantle, I'd only rate Harvey, Wright, Ziebell, Higgins and Thomas as better kicks than Jacobs at the moment. Others are either on his level or worse.

While that fact may be the reason why we are so s**t at the moment, to say Jacobs should be dropped because of his kicking is ridiculous.

Jacobs been playing ok but deserved to be dropped with his s**t turnovers and panics under pressure the problem is so a few others should have been dropped also. Got a feeling brad is going back to what worked last season, atley to half back flank or pocket, Thompson on number one forward, 3 main forwards.

Jacobs been playing ok but deserved to be dropped with his s**t turnovers and panics under pressure the problem is so a few others should have been dropped also. Got a feeling brad is going back to what worked last season, atley to half back flank or pocket, Thompson on number one forward, 3 main forwards.
But what gets me is why not drop McDonald or Atley for making similar mistakes as what Jacobs does.
Why is it always the same guy getting dropped and others get off Scott free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic if Swallow and Brown can play. Gotta feel for Jacobs. I wonder what he is thinking at the moment. He is really unlucky. You would think that he would have to be considering his future with us. He only signed a 1 year contract I believe. Every chance that he will request a trade at the end of the season.

I hope they dont play. They should be 100% before they are looked at imo

Is there really much difference between Jacobs, Atley and Lmac?? Enough that it could have any affect on the result? Atley at least can break a line and Lmac is still learning - and he kicks it much better than Jacobs. These selections are nothing to get upset about.

Are you sure you're not Brad Scott?

Jacobs had it 24 times against Freo at 92% DE, does that deserved to be dropped?

Let's talk about Atley, in short he's been s**t, I reckon Atley would welcome being dropped because he knows he's playing s**t and each week the pressure builds to perform. Players missing out start sfellowing about how he gets a game in front of them. You ever played footy Bill, you know how clubs work socially, yeah? Well its not much different to any work place where some individual gets promoted or gets the plum contract in front of better performing and deserving people.

All workplace has a set of standards but the good ones abide by them. Scott is so pig headed that he has set his best 22 in his mind and he's blind to everything else. My game-plan + my players = man with a guide dog.

Our side us so played out of position it's not funny. Why doesn't he try Atley as a defensive forward if he's so hell bent on retaining him in the side instead of letting him rot playing wing/half back? Try Petrie at CHB with Brown/Waite/Daw or Black up forward. A change of roles may do wonders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daw was always gonna play this week being Indigenous Round. But there's no doubt he deserves a crack at the title. His form has been a delight to be a part of in the VFL.
I know you're joking, but he's Sudanese.

I want Atley and LMac out. They not only can't get it but they are shithouse when they do. Jacobs has out performed them both this year it's not even close.

Just reeks of favouritism. Typical selections by this club I wonder if they have any balls at all.
Luke is in the "from" bench he could still be an out.

Jacobs will now go back and get 25+ touches for NB.

If Atley and LMac went back they'd struggle to break 15.

It's selection by independent event, rather than interrelation.

Each week Scott picks the team that should win, if everything goes to plan and everyone plays to their ability.

Each match is an independent event.

This fails to take into account things like form, confidence, injury and everything else we learn and bring with us from our last event.

Footy matches aren't spins of a roulette wheel. They're influenced by previous events.

Well, I normally have a bit of praise for Brad Scott and the board but holy sh#t. Ben Jacobs is unbelievably stiff, he has been one of the only few that are actually having a crack, he has been attacking the contest and giving the ball to our blokes at a high efficiency (not to mention he is racking it up) which is clearly a better job than McDonald (who needs a serious spell in the VFL).
I bet by game day Scott will probably once again make Dumont sub

Excuse me for intruding but...

Jacobs had a disposal efficiency of 91% against Freo with 24 disposals....how and why is he dropped (off field issue maybe :/) ?

I am assuming you didn't watch the game, to be asking? Textbook case of stats not telling the story.

I for one love the selections.
Wood was our worst last week and it wasn't close!
Jacobs will do well to go back and hopefully dominate some VFL games.
I think the players to miss out on a game from the seven on the bench will be Luke, Waite and McMahon. Luke would be match day emergency for Sunday and miss a game on Saturday for Werribee. Waite spent a truck load of time with Saunders today at training.
So the ins and outs will be when its all done.
Out: Wood, Jacobs, Luke, Waite (inj)
In: Maj, Brown, Swallow, Turner

Love it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back