Discussion Footy Jumper Tipping Megathread (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

How did I only get 11? From memory the only wrong ones tipped was the eagles/cats clash..

It was 5,53 dude. Cut him some slack.
Yeh but when he has 5 days between the end of last round and the start of this round and is still late, there's only so much slack that can be cut.

Is anyone though?
Telling people they should schedule three days out of their lives in order to avoid being 3 minutes late on what is supposed to be a fun competition is a bit weird, honestly.

Autism radiates brightly 'round these parts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't really joined in on the jumper tipping this season because it's being taken way too seriously. If they're 3 minutes past the lockout so what? As long as the first game hasn't started yet you may as well just include their tips, it really isn't that big of a deal.

Not sure what everyone's problem is, there is a lockout time like any other tipping/fantasy comp, yes it's just a bit of fun but there's gotta be some rules and regs. Like akkaps says, you have five days to tip with 3 attempts, that should be enough.

akkaps just don't tell us the exact time of which they tipped, just say "sorry, it was after the lockout"it'll only cause a fuss like this every time it happens if you do.

i personally think a lockout is a lockout, there has to be a line drawn somewhere, and that's where kappsicum's drawn it, no one should be complaining about it.

Just make the lockout the starting time of the game? That way there would definitely be no reason to argue if someone tips late.

but then they can see what jumpers teams are wearing and get a last minute tip in getting full points for that game.
i see where he's coming from with a small gap between lockout and game, people might get a look a shorts, but more than likely not the jumper.

We had whole thread about this before the start of the season, where everyone could discuss any issues with the competition and make suggestions on how this is run. I even organized some practice rounds during the pre-season to see how it works.

As Mitchell said, the two hour lockout is there so that people don't tip minutes within the game starting. I gave the option of a 6pm lockout or a 2hr lockout, and people preferred the 2hr lockout. There is even a partial lockout for rounds with a Thursday game. Do any of you kick up a fuss about how footytips.com.au run their tipping competition?

I am happy to make come of these changes, but it will have to be for next season.

Oh FFS, what does it matter? We all agreed on this rule before the bloody season started, and we were fine with it.

I tipped past the lockout time by a couple of minutes and no one kicked up a fuss over that. Let it go. If this was an automatic lockout, would we be really discussing it so much?

No, but they have cash prizes. This is (meant to be) just for fun
Maybe you should stop being a tight arse and put your hand into your pocket and give us some prizes.

btw, that was sarcasm for those that didn't get it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back