List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Scott Selwood moves to Geelong as free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

If Motlop goes to richmond Astbury might be gettable on top of their first. Had some injury issues but he's a really talented key defender and only 24. If Henderson doesn't come to us we'll need some other plans in that area.

If Motlop goes to richmond Astbury might be gettable on top of their first. Had some injury issues but he's a really talented key defender and only 24. If Henderson doesn't come to us we'll need some other plans in that area.
It would be nice. But in all honesty, if they want Motlop it's gotta hurt. Totally different players and contexts and times but when we wanted Ottens it cost us picks 12 and 16.

Hasn't this logic got us where we are now with only 2/3 of a list available?

Motlop's not going anywhere. People are reading too much into him holding out for more cash and fielding offers from rivals.
Depends on whether he likes cash or loyalty. His body language and demeanor out on the field suggest the former... He's gone in my book.

I hate 3 way deals but id say a 3 way with the Swans would be interesting involving Astbury.
Perhaps add a young KPP from somewhere if we really need it but if we add LH , we will not need Astbury. Id also put some work into Scooters team mate for next year.. As long as they don't change the FA rules go hard or go home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CE's reasoning for Mots staying is more logical than your reason for him potentially leaving.

Had you been across all my contributions re Mots you'd have known I have said I won't be concerned until the end of August as that's when Mots has signed in the past.

My post about Collingwood being into him was merely passing on what I'd been told by someone reasonably well connected at that club. If you don't consider him being very close to three people at Collingwood; seeing how Trav has developed his game there; going to a team possibly closer to a flag; and possibly getting more money as reasonably compelling then you don't have much of an idea.

Still think we are a good chance of keeping him. However, it would be negligent of other clubs not to at least look at Mots as we apparently have with all the players it's been suggested we are looking at too.

btw. The comment directed toward CE was facetious. He had the good sense to see it as such.

Had you been across all my contributions re Mots you'd have known I have said I won't be concerned until the end of August as that's when Mots has signed in the past.

My post about Collingwood being into him was merely passing on what I'd been told by someone reasonably well connected at that club. If you don't consider him being very close to three people at Collingwood; seeing how Trav has developed his game there; going to a team possibly closer to a flag; and possibly getting more money as reasonably compelling then you don't have much of an idea.

Still think we are a good chance of keeping him. However, it would be negligent of other clubs not to at least look at Mots as we apparently have with all the players it's been suggested we are looking at too.

btw. The comment directed toward CE was facetious. He had the good sense to see it as such.
How much could Collingwood reasonably offer over and above Geelong if they're into Treloar/Aish though? There'd be a bidding war for those kids that'd end up costing them and if we're looking at say $500k for Mots and the figures people are throwing around are $200-300k more than us, surely the Pies don't have $1.5m sitting around to spill on two players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back