List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are very few untradeable players.

Ben Brown is one.

I would give up a Ziebell or Cunnington before I would give up Ben Brown.

and I wouldn't give up either of Ziebell or Cunnington.

Everyone is tradeable nowadays OF....what about if we got offered Dangerfield for Brown plus sweetners (ie 1st round pick) ? Would you consider it ?

Not sure if this has been posted.

But last night the AFL commission approved the trading of future draft picks, it wil come into effect for this coming trade period.

Trade period will be very very interesting now, clubs pretty much have the currency for any player they want now, if they are willing to spend it.

But last night the AFL commission approved the trading of future draft picks, it wil come into effect for this coming trade period.

Trade period will be very very interesting now, clubs pretty much have the currency for any player they want now, if they are willing to spend it.

Step in the right direction. I think it will lead to alot more moves during trade month.

Potential for total * up is there too, which makes it a very risky proposition for a team heading into a list refresh, which we are.

Could you imagine opposition fans if Selwood and Thomas played in the same team. Synchronized Diving at the Olympics.

LT doesn't dive :stern look:

Potential for total **** up is there too, which makes it a very risky proposition for a team heading into a list refresh, which we are.

Like the NBA there will be protected picks.

For example, if we trade next years first rounder for Treloar, and finished bottom 4 next year, the pick would be protected, and wouldn't be traded to GWS until the year we finished out of the protected zone.

Like the NBA there will be protected picks.

For example, if we trade next years first rounder for Treloar, and finished bottom 4 next year, the pick would be protected, and wouldn't be traded to GWS until the year we finished out of the protected zone.
Thats a pretty good safety net. Smart move.

Re: future trading of draft picks

Watch Scott raid the piggy back now to get players to top up the list, before the final year of his contract runs out.

The decision to trade for players is not made by one man anymore.

Clubs have governance procedures in place to stop it. I've heard it spoken about by Stephen Wells and Cam Joyce.

Trading picks and players is now voted on by the list managers, footy managers and coach.

No one man makes the decision and a lot of clubs have triggers in place for the coaches vote to be vito'd in the last year of their contract.

Clubs have governance procedures in place to stop it. I've heard it spoken about by Stephen Wells and Cam Joyce.

Trading picks and players is now voted on by the list managers, footy managers and coach.

No one man makes the decision and a lot of clubs have triggers in place for the coaches vote to be vito'd in the last year of their contract.

Is it only one year in advance and are there rules around how many you can trade away?

Won't matter.

#blamebrad scapegoatscott

Is it only one year in advance and are there rules around how many you can trade away?

I'm not sure as the the final details.

I think the AFL will probably stay a bit cautious to begin with, most likely only next years picks, then expand on that if the process is proved successful in the next few years.

1 year sits right with me.

Theres not a player in the game worth more than 2 years worth of first and second rounders imo.

Potential for total **** up is there too, which makes it a very risky proposition for a team heading into a list refresh, which we are.

I'd more than happy mortgage 5 years of 120point thumpings to win 1 grand final. If i've learnt anything over the past 15 years, is that moment of euphoria is unparalleled.

I'd more than happy mortgage 5 years of 120point thumpings to win 1 grand final. If i've learnt anything over the past 15 years, is that moment of euphoria is unparalleled.
That it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back