Preview Hawks vs West Coast, Rd 18 2015 OUT: Hale IN: Ceglar

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from what I can tell, we have to win this game and every other until the end of the season, and Freo have to beat West Coast in round 20 so we can finish 2nd to avoid travelling week one of the finals. Too easy.

We may drop the Derby, so you have to travel.

brentrambooriginal.gif

It was going to an image of Bronwyn Bishop, but I've had to change my plan somewhat.

Frawley hasnt had a chance yet to settle in and gain momentum. Watch out when he does the guy is gonna be a speedy-beast...only a matter of time, and hopefully full steam ahead to peak in the finals.

That's more like it.
Gibson and Lake didn't just slot in perfectly; I don't understand what some expected Chip to do in his first few, injury interrupted, games.

We may drop the Derby, so you have to travel.

I think you are right, though that will depend on weather or not we beat the Eagles this W/end.

FWIW....I'd much rather meet the Eagles at Subiaco in the first week of finals than your mob....They haven't much finals intensity experience & that can be exploited in our favor.

That's more like it.
Gibson and Lake didn't just slot in perfectly; I don't understand what some expected Chip to do in his first few, injury interrupted, games.
Short memories I expect, but Norm Smiths and Premierships tend to do that and most of those guys have played 50-100+ games for the Hawks people just look at Chip having played 150 odd games of footy and think he should just slot right in, but if our game style was easy everyone would be doing it

Short memories I expect, but Norm Smiths and Premierships tend to do that and most of those guys have played 50-100+ games for the Hawks people just look at Chip having played 150 odd games of footy and think he should just slot right in, but if our game style was easy everyone would be doing it
RIGHT ON!!

Sorry to intrude folks, you will start clear favourites and deservedly so being the best team over the past few years. Being at home gives us some advantage but we need to be about 200% better than we were last week otherwise the we might as well pack up and go.

But you also might lose to North and Port away. And if we win all our remaining games you will then have to travel. I dont think Ross will take the chance

We are 12 points ahead of you. That's 3 games, so we can drop the Derby and win the remaining. All depends on what happens this w/end.
I think you'll beat West Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are 12 points ahead of you. That's 3 games, so we can drop the Derby and win the remaining. All depends on what happens this w/end.
I think you'll beat West Coast.
Yeah so if you lose the Derby, Port and North, which isn't impossible and we win all ours, we will finish above you. So i doubt Ross is going to take a risk of dropping the derby.

You gotta love BF.
Anyone who doesn't agree with someones personal opinion is instantly a flog.
It's just so much easier than putting up a counter argument.

I wasn't calling him a flog for his opinion, I was calling him a flog for this pearler

'Yes, but the club was very vocal about his arrival as a ready made swing man. Now we are hearing that he needs time in the system. This is the same switch of dialogue that Malthouse was criticised for over the past two seasons.'

Which he has said because supporters originally quoted his first post saying, 'he needs time to get used to the structures'.

I have never heard anyone official from the club say they are disappointed in Frawley's form.

Complete & utter waste of the kids ability to repeat 200/300m gut running. And repeat at top speed.
Jesus a week can be a long time in footy.

Our captain made some howlers. Kicking efficiency lately has been horrific at times. 2/3 times didn't go and put his body square in the line... But mostly we look past that and look to blame our own personal whipping boys.

Gunstons miss early put massive pressure on us due to a scoreless first qtr.

The Burgoyne turnover early at half forward. Roughies ill discipline. I could go on and bloody on.

A poor night after playing witches hats at a pedestrian pace the week before.... In July FFS.

Get a grip. Stick fat. And appreciate what this group has delivered and continue to try to deliver to us.
As I have already mentioned. Surely the Hawks won't put in two bad ones in a row, considering how well they have been going.

Complete & utter waste of the kids ability to repeat 200/300m gut running. And repeat at top speed.
Jesus a week can be a long time in footy.

Our captain made some howlers. Kicking efficiency lately has been horrific at times. 2/3 times didn't go and put his body square in the line... But mostly we look past that and look to blame our own personal whipping boys.

Gunstons miss early put massive pressure on us due to a scoreless first qtr.

The Burgoyne turnover early at half forward. Roughies ill discipline. I could go on and bloody on.

A poor night after playing witches hats at a pedestrian pace the week before.... In July FFS.

Get a grip. Stick fat. And appreciate what this group has delivered and continue to try to deliver to us.
Ye, Hill really has a run of the fumbles lately.

Huge match this.

I've got us finishing 2nd and hosting Sydney in the first week of finals, should we win this one and the rest of our games.
On the flip side I have us finishing 4th and travelling to Perth to face Freo in the first week, should we lose (but still win the rest of our games).

http://www.afl.com.au/ladder/ladder-predictor

Some darkies will be packed on saturday in the lead up. Exciting stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back