List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Draft/FA - SuperMegaUltraThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fremantle might delist Morabito this year and if he wants to continue his AFL career we could be his best bet; any thoughts on picking him up with a late pick or as a rookie? Very high risk I know given his 3 knee reconstructions. However, he is still young and provided he stays injury free it could be well worth the risk considering we are not giving up much.

Rookie only. Purely so he can finally repay my supercoach for all the debt he owes me.

some stats for Clarke and Gresham on weekend
Jade Gresham--- 42 disposals, 2 goals , 2 tackles, 9 marks, 10 HB receives

Ryan Clarke--- 45 disposals, 3 goals, 18 HB receives, 11 marks, 5 tackles

Where do you see F/s Matera fitting in , Draft or Rookie
How's your boy Antonio(think it was him) going?do you think he's a chance to be drafted?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yarran's not having meetings at punt road for nothing.

Bennell will stay at GC

We'll end up maybe with Jetta,
It's all that's left on the table and for a 2nd rounder I'd be ok with it.

People forget we have so much talent in cavka, waterman etc in waiting that will end up leaving if we have too many kids stockpiled.
Something does not compute here. Are you suggesting that the best way to protect ourselves from young people leaving is to recruit older people. Wouldn't recruiting Jetta cause the younger crop to miss out on opportunities, thereby causing the problem you have suggested could emerge? I would have thought Jetta would be in direct competition for spots with Cavka at least, thereby depriving him of opportunities.

I think Jade Gresham should be considered with our first. A bit small but would fit our side and gameplan.

I don't see where he'd fit into our team at this stage. Sure he wins a lot of the ball, but it's his ball use and his height which is why he isn't being talked up as a top 20 pick. His disposal is serviceable, but it's not great. He's not overly athletic and he's also 177cm. His inside game is going to seriously struggle because he's that much smaller than other contested ball winners and he's not exactly a pocket rocket. In saying that, I think he could be a very good player, but I don't see a role for him in our team, and I don't see how he suits our game plan exactly. In looking for midfielders I think the two areas we'd be looking for are big bodied and athletic contested ball winners and quick, agile and evasive outside midfielders. Simmo loves his footy brains and his disposal, and while Jade has solid footy nous, that's only half of the equation. I think there will certainly be better selection in the first round.

I think with our first selection, we take best available. Around our first selection I think we could be looking at a Ryan Clarke, Harry McKay or a Wayne Milera.

I wouldn't mind us having a look at Aaron Hall from GC. Article on the AFL website (so probably wrong) says he's out of contract and the Suns will struggle to keep him because of salary cap issues. He's really shown what he can do over the past few weeks when given the opportunity.

I'd back Simmo to eradicate the inconsistency from his performances and his speed could be a massive asset to our team. Play him on a wing/flank and watch him cut loose.

I wouldn't mind us having a look at Aaron Hall from GC. Article on the AFL website (so probably wrong) says he's out of contract and the Suns will struggle to keep him because of salary cap issues.
I read that all that is holding up Aaron halls contract is Charlie Dixon contract negotiations.
Rumour on the trade board is port have put a big offer in for Dixon and looking to offload lobbe as Ryder is better ruck than forward .
Ryder / Dixon would be a formidable combo .

I read that all that is holding up Aaron halls contract is Charlie Dixon contract negotiations.
Rumour on the trade board is port have put a big offer in for Dixon and looking to offload lobbe as Ryder is better ruck than forward .
Ryder / Dixon would be a formidable combo .

They'll probably have to get rid of Schulz too.

Port looked so much better when Lobbe was their sole ruckman. Now he might be gone! Things change quickly. Is it the right move, only time will tell.

They'll probably have to get rid of Schulz too.

Port looked so much better when Lobbe was their sole ruckman. Now he might be gone! Things change quickly. Is it the right move, only time will tell.
I think Ryder is a better ruckman and resting forward .
If port were to land Dixon they would be right on the cap limit IMO so having lobbe as second ruck in sanfl waiting for Ryder injury seems a waste .
Port could have a lot of top end talent but poor depth

I read in the Australian newspaper that Brisbane might look to put Redden on the trade table even though he has a year to run on his contract.

I for one would be happy to target him .

I read in the Australian newspaper that Brisbane might look to put Redden on the trade table even though he has a year to run on his contract.

I for one would be happy to target him .
Redden is an inside clearance mid and would just take a spot from sheed , duggan , waterman for the length of his contract .
So brissy who are bottom of the ladder put a player on the trade table ! Must be a gun

Redden is an inside clearance mid and would just take a spot from sheed , duggan , waterman for the length of his contract .
So brissy who are bottom of the ladder put a player on the trade table ! Must be a gun

Redden would be ahead of Waterman and would be a much improved inside mid over Selwood. Just because those players are on our list they still have to earn their spot.

So the blues and brissy think they might get band 1 compo for kruzer and leuinburger .
All they need is a big offer .
Both clubs have approached the afl about a priority pick and been knocked back but would the afl give them great compo like they did with Melbourne ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 2/3 for those guys is a joke.

Redden I would be open to but would he cost a first and a bit? Surely not two firsts.

Something does not compute here. Are you suggesting that the best way to protect ourselves from young people leaving is to recruit older people. Wouldn't recruiting Jetta cause the younger crop to miss out on opportunities, thereby causing the problem you have suggested could emerge? I would have thought Jetta would be in direct competition for spots with Cavka at least, thereby depriving him of opportunities.
No way we can get games into all of cavka, duggan, Nelson, Newman, lamb, adamson, waterman etc in the next year or 2 while still completing for a flag. Especially with our oldest player being only 30. I'm suggesting that if we keep using all of our draft picks on kids then we're going to have too many to keep and never get any benefits.
We've heavily planned for the future the last few years, now is time to start focusing on the now.

I'm not sure Jetta would want to come after Adam Goodes saga ......he did t like what the crowd did

Now you might think what's that got to do with anything ? Well aboriginal people think differently to us .

Bennel wants out from what's being said ...

Will clubs want Lycett and we've just re-signed him but barring injuries I can't see him ever being the lead ruck whereas at another club he be leading the ruck .......

Selwood is gone .....and to be honest he's not going to get better either so no biggie ....we are in a good spot going forward. Another tall midfielder is what we need and maybe an outside speedster

No way we can get games into all of cavka, duggan, Nelson, Newman, lamb, adamson, waterman etc in the next year or 2 while still completing for a flag. Especially with our oldest player being only 30. I'm suggesting that if we keep using all of our draft picks on kids then we're going to have too many to keep and never get any benefits.
We've heavily planned for the future the last few years, now is time to start focusing on the now.
any team with a good recruitment team should have this problem, and it's a good one to have.

No reason not to draft youth, we want competition from the kids and not having an environment where the oldies aren't feeling the pinch from these kids. Having a lot of depth and competition for spots is what makes a good team good for a long time.

FWIW, I don't mind the idea of Jetta provided we don't use our first rounder on him. That said, their are potential trade targets I would rather see we throw the kitchen sink at, such as Bennell (May not be available, but should we be giving it our all before we commit to Jetta).

Recruiting Jetta may be focussing on the now but how much would it improve our team?

The Eagles were criticised for not getting involved in the trade period last year, while a bunch of other teams were praised for what appeared to be marginal trades. Maybe media beat up, but Not all trades have worked as planned. Focussing on the now does not guarantee success now. With so many good young players coming through, maybe their natural improvement next year is the best way to improve our overall team in the now (unless we were to land a star like Bennell)

So the blues and brissy think they might get band 1 compo for kruzer and leuinburger .
All they need is a big offer .
Both clubs have approached the afl about a priority pick and been knocked back but would the afl give them great compo like they did with Melbourne ?

Kreuzer has barely played, however the AFL has proven in the past that they made not give out a priority pick to struggling sides they will however fudge the compo picks to help a team out.

Joke if either of those players are deemed band 1.

any team with a good recruitment team should have this problem, and it's a good one to have.

No reason not to draft youth, we want competition from the kids and not having an environment where the oldies aren't feeling the pinch from these kids. Having a lot of depth and competition for spots is what makes a good team good for a long time.

Yep, as well as the fact that the club gets to decide which recruits are going to make it and which are not. Keep the best and trade the others.

Kreuzer has barely played, however the AFL has proven in the past that they made not give out a priority pick to struggling sides they will however fudge the compo picks to help a team out.

Joke if either of those players are deemed band 1.

Agree 100%, it's the new tank. When your on the bottom ship off someone teams will pay $500K for and receive band #1.

Yep, as well as the fact that the club gets to decide which recruits are going to make it and which are not. Keep the best and trade the others.

If this year proves anything it's that we have more than enough KPD, and with McInness looking a decent back up even some good ruck depth. Would there be any chance at all we look at some of those guys?

The tier systems need to scale every year for changes in the salary cap. If the tiers stay the same then in 4 years time 500k will be average wage of an afl player. Kreuzer could in theory get an offer high enough for tier 1, however i doubt it. Anyone willing to pay Leuenberger that much money is a ******* idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back