Game Day Round 22 - Pies vs Cats Matchday Discussion (Marsh the sub, late change Cloke out and White in)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think Pie fans have given up on the Season.

Be way more Cat Fans then Pie Fans tonight.

I be up the top in the Ponsford Stand tonight and I am not expecting much company

I'll be on the bottom, at least until we're washed away. You could be blown out the stands up there tonight, Dave. Come on down - there's sure to be room.

I probably should have corrected that to be after we were 8-3. I know I was one of them. I was trumpeting (quite hypocritically) the stats of sides that make finals after being 8-3.

My main hope for victory tonight is to end Geelong's season. We owe them big time. As for next year I do think finishing off the season well will demonstrate to our young players that we are capable of more.

I think the players themselves would (or should) already know they're capable of more. I mean, yeah we lost, but even the players know we were one bad kicking quarter away from beating Hawthorn. They should KNOW they're capable of more without worrying about winning two meaningless end of season games.

This is Tummy "Pies Killer" Porkins we're talking about. He's a lock to kick 4 tonight.

Have faith.

The word is while in rehab The Big Show has just discovered he has Jedi Mind Powers and Bucks wants to use him in the box tonight to control player movements. I personally think Bucks is wasting his time. IMO If The Big Show has Jedi Powers then he should be trying to control the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I wasn't sitting in a box at the game tonight, I don' t if I would have been keen paying entry to this game.

Geelong by 54 points. Too experienced, too strong and too good for the Pies.

On a positive note though, Toovey is out!!!:D:D:thumbsu:

If I wasn't sitting in a box at the game tonight, I don' t if I would have been keen paying entry to this game.

Geelong by 54 points. Too experienced, too strong and too good for the Pies.

On a positive note though, Toovey is out!!!:D:D:thumbsu:

They might be More Experinced but I am not 100% sold they are too strong and too good for us though

Nope - Have You?

I have a mate who umpires at local footy. Some of the abuse he cops for doing the best he can is shameful. Footy is a fast game with rules that rely on interpretation. Umpires don't have the benefit of instant replays or the different camera angles. I think referring to them as scum is pretty harsh.

I have a mate who umpires at local footy. Some of the abuse he cops for doing the best he can is shameful. Footy is a fast game with rules that rely on interpretation. Umpires don't have the benefit of instant replays or the different camera angles. I think referring to them as scum is pretty harsh.

That should be in the Job Description when advertising it as a Job.

That you be called every name under the sun

There's this myth around that Hawkins is protected by the umpires, in fact he isn't.

While he's not treated as poorly as Buddy, Hawkins isn't even in the top 10 for frees for when it comes for forwards.

If you look at the Cloke and Hawkins comparison there's almost no difference at all when it comes to free kicks.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=1521&tid2=10&pid2=1759&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

I've grown to like Hawkins as a footballer, unlike some forwards (Petrie, Darling, N.Riewoldt, Thomas and Westhoff) he doesn't play for free kicks, he plays a physical brand of footy, just like Cloke does.

Of course I hope Nathan Brown kicks his arse tonight, but of the Geelong players, he's one of the few I can stand.

There's this myth around that Hawkins is protected by the umpires, in fact he isn't.

While he's not treated as poorly as Buddy, Hawkins isn't even in the top 10 for frees for when it comes for forwards.

If you look at the Cloke and Hawkins comparison there's almost no difference at all when it comes to free kicks.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=1521&tid2=10&pid2=1759&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

I've grown to like Hawkins as a footballer, unlike some forwards (Petrie, Darling, N.Riewoldt, Thomas and Westhoff) he doesn't play for free kicks, he plays a physical brand of footy, just like Cloke does.

Of course I hope Nathan Brown kicks his arse tonight, but of the Geelong players, he's one of the few I can stand.

That is Intresting but I do agree he is not like Duckwood and other Geelong Players. He does try and get Free Kicks

It would make me laugh

and dance and sing :)

Best of luck for the match fellas, about two thirds of SA will be cheering you on to victory

Dont you mean one third of SA will be cheering us on now Port are the biggest club in your town

They are the scum of the earth and I wish foul upon all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back