Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 9 and only Murdich is a big win for Geelong.
Agreed but think we need to assess this deal in comparison to the compensation pick rather than whether we 'win' the deal. I just don't think that will happen. At the end of day whilst I want cats to pay fair price for him, I'm more focussed on the outcomes for our club. A decent player needs to be part of the deal and I'd be happy with Murdoch .

Now Hutchy saying Patrick Dangerfield ready to go through to the PSD.

Talk about hearing what you want.

Since when have agents become the voice of reason? Jesus they offer nothing but propaganda about their own charges.

That bag of spuds is one of their own - so his bias shouldn't be taken to heart.. It's cute how the victorian media like to churn this s**t up.. I think they'll get a rude awakening that the AFC will not fold over like in past times.. Reid knows what he is doing with these guys, he'll get the job done.

Agreed but think we need to assess this deal in comparison to the compensation pick rather than whether we 'win' the deal. I just don't think that will happen. At the end of day whilst I want cats to pay fair price for him, I'm more focussed on the outcomes for our club. A decent player needs to be part of the deal and I'd be happy with Murdoch .

Before we get too excited about Murdoch, I would do a quick compare of his last season or so with Mackay.

Seen very similar to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Connor's is in manager role at the moment. Don't take anything he says seriously. Not even he believes pick 14 compensation is satisfactory for Adelaide, this is all PR spin.

Paul Connors is just doing his job, trying to get Dangerfield to Geelong in the easiest way possible for his client. All he cares about it making it easy for Dangerfield not Adelaide or Geelong. Once Adelaide match then I'd expect he would put pressure on Geelong as that will be what will make things easier for his client.

Carlton's list manager doesn't understand that Dangerfield is a restricted free agent and Geelong cannot necessarily get him for free

Its the Trigg factor of half arsed jobs for the boys at Carlton I would think. If I heard this interview and I was Mackays boss I would haul him into my office for a few stern words. Hopeless. Purely hopeless.

Carlton's list manager doesn't understand that Dangerfield is a restricted free agent and Geelong cannot necessarily get him for free

You mean SOS? Someone tell him Milburn doesn't work here anymore. Or he's still concussed and has forgotten the rules.

I've known Dangerfield was leaving for a while now, you can check my posts from the past to confirm this (if that's something that takes your fancy) and the five stages of grief we are going through is very slow.

So a lot of us were in denial that he'd leave, stage 1, until the club came out and confirmed the rumors last Wednesday publicly and then we all got angry, stage 2, then as the days ticked over, more of us moved on to step 3, bargaining, or more accurately, defining a deal that we could get in return. Some have moved into the depression stage and some have moved into the acceptance stage, but we are spread out quite a bit, there's still people stuck in the anger stage, don't get these people mixed up with those in the depression stage, although, I know it can be hard to define between the two in this instance.

Which stage of grief are you at with Dangerfield? I'm only asking this for a bit of fun, the five stages of grief are only accurate for those with terminal conditions, so we aren't really going through these five stages.
Acceptance. But I reckon there'll always be a little bit of anger/disappointment. And trust me, I was in denial until I was at west lakes on the day it was announced he was leaving. It wasn't until I saw them taking down the danger/Sloane billboard over the shop entrance that it finally hit. And you all see I go through the stages 2-5 very quickly.

And the stages aren't just to do with terminal conditions - it actually applies to the loss of someone/something - be it death, divorce, job etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back