Roast Post your favourite opposition bitterness about our three-peat

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, see some of us view the Hawthorn three-peat as a patchwork thing of marred beauty. The Premiership skin stitched together as it was from the 'body parts' of several different teams. A Burgoyne stitch here and a Gunston one there and... it works. The song that reflects this isn't 'Horses' of course, but 'Goodbye Horses' - the song that was playing while Buffalo Bill was doing his 'transition dance'.

As far as that goes, I reckon we've tried to stitch together our own skinsuit this off-season.
That's interesting because our three-peat has come along in one continuous piece. Where as the Geelong era has quite literally come along in patches, stretched out like the mid riff of Tom Hawkins' guernsey.

Well, see some of us view the Hawthorn three-peat as a patchwork thing of marred beauty. The Premiership skin stitched together as it was from the 'body parts' of several different teams. A Burgoyne stitch here and a Gunston one there and... it works. The song that reflects this isn't 'Horses' of course, but 'Goodbye Horses' - the song that was playing while Buffalo Bill was doing his 'transition dance'.

As far as that goes, I reckon we've tried to stitch together our own skinsuit this off-season.
I reckon you've put way too much thought into this...

Just amusing myself more than anything. A few of the older Hawks postsr round here know I'm good for a laugh
You make it sound like I'm new around here. :(

A lot of Hawk fans on there don't seem to be having fun, they seem to be getting quite hot under the collar about it. I think it's the other way round. I reckon that Nakia moron is probably sitting in his little room alone, masturbating in his own faeces, s******ing to himself 'I've got right under these Hawk fans skins!'. He's been on BF for 8 months less than me, and has made 23,000 more posts than me. Obviously has absolutely nothing else going on.

Getting worked up over a pathetic troll with no life who gets his jollies baiting other team's supporters is almost as bad as the troll themselves IMO.

Stop getting sucked in. They are beneath us in every respect.

The only trouble is that, that Nakia moron is fairly representative of much of the population of Geelong.
Until a couple of months back, I lived near Geelong and worked in Geelong.
At my workplace 10% of the workforce were of that deluded type, loud nasty Campaigners. many of the rest would be encouraging the nakias from the safty of the background.
I used to get up of a morning knowing that I was to share my day with several Nakia's, only louder and more pig headed.
Some things I'll miss, but, not that.

Lets sort it out on the "G"
Bring on Easter Monday!

The only trouble is that, that Nakia moron is fairly representative of much of the population of Geelong.
At my workplace 10% of the workforce were of that deluded type, loud nasty Campaigners. many of the rest would be encouraging the nakias from the safty of the background.
I used to get up of a morning knowing that I was to share my day with several Nakia's, only louder and more pig headed.

Bring on Easter Monday!
You're unlucky. My period living in the area was during the 90s, when the 'rivalry' was lying a little dormant and they were busy losing Grand Finals to other teams.

Wondering what people's thoughts are in this... But if we happen to get up and win it again next year for the 4peat, could we actually break the AFL? I heard from quiet a few fans (from other clubs of course) about things getting so boring due to Hawthorns dominance, fans on here have a demonstrated unbridled hatred of us (due to the sustained success) I have to wonder where a 4peat would leave fans? No doubt there would even higher levels of anger and delusion among the big footy population but I wonder where it would leave things for the general population of fans (even some hawthorn fans), could the competition itself actually lose ground as a result of one teams continued success? Equalisation was supposed to ensure that this didn't even go close to occurring but it has and is still showing no signs of slowing down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the only way to be sure is to make it happen. :thumbsu:

I interpreted your intent as a combination of "Horses" and a "48%" joke, but perhaps I was the one over thinking it:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering what people's thoughts are in this... But if we happen to get up and win it again next year for the 4peat, could we actually break the AFL? I heard from quiet a few fans (from other clubs of course) about things getting so boring due to Hawthorns dominance, fans on here have a demonstrated unbridled hatred of us (due to the sustained success) I have to wonder where a 4peat would leave fans? No doubt there would even higher levels of anger and delusion among the big footy population but I wonder where it would leave things for the general population of fans (even some hawthorn fans), could the competition itself actually lose ground as a result of one teams continued success? Equalisation was supposed to ensure that this didn't even go close to occurring but it has and is still showing no signs of slowing down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure but let's find out!

My favourite is that the brand of footy was rubbish in our era so no one will remember it

Club should try to get some co promotion going with visiting tennis starts who have threepeated

Joker (AUS) Nadal (Wim) FedEx (AUS) Serena (US) and Hingis (AUS) would be good to see with some of our guys

Bring on Easter Monday!

It'll spice thins up if out fourpete includes geelong in some form in the finals

Apparently there is only 24hrs left to vote for the biggest flog on big footy. Nakia currently holds a 3 vote lead, to ensure he is crowned the biggest flog head over and vote.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/attention-whore-of-the-year-2015-voting-fred.1116969/page-24
Great job to all Hawthorn supporters who voted for that raving knife-wielding Geelong nutcase Nakia.

Winning AWOTY carries with it a mandatory 2 week ban, during which I encourage him to relax his troubled mind by contemplating the serene perfection of Hawthorn's triple-premiership feat - though as a Geelong supporter making it past the concept of back-2-backs may prove difficult. :D

Edit: no need to tag posters in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back