Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 14 - November Title Decider?

Can Louis Van Gaal's Red Army stop the Vardy train?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Why isn't Fryer Tuck doing the matchday threads?

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Lol Mou

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst UEFA treats the EL with contempt and as a dumping ground for the CL rejects for their own $$$$ reasons the cup has nothing on the old UEFA Cup

Whilst UEFA treats the EL with contempt and as a dumping ground for the CL rejects for their own $$$$ reasons the cup has nothing on the old UEFA Cup
It is what it is, you cant change it, so complete in it. It would be HUGE for Spurs to win the Europa League. Even more so with what the winner now gets too.

It is what it is, you cant change it, so complete in it. It would be HUGE for Spurs to win the Europa League. Even more so with what the winner now gets too.
It would be nothing in comparison to when we won the trophy whilst it was treated with respect by the body that runs it. Right now it's just more of a money spinner and the extra games that the squad has to endure will likely hurt league performance and only help the UEFA bank balance. Why should Arsenal who've embarrassed themselves in Zagreb and Munich get an equal shot at the EL to either of our two sides?

It would be nothing in comparison to when we won the trophy whilst it was treated with respect by the body that runs it. Right now it's just more of a money spinner and the extra games that the squad has to endure will likely hurt league performance and only help the UEFA bank balance. Why should Arsenal who've embarrassed themselves in Zagreb and Munich get an equal shot at the EL to either of our two sides?
Hey I dont disagree that the format is bullshit and a money spinner but it would still be great to win it and I hope Liverpool and Klopp give it the greatest of respect which Im sure we will and go balls out to win it.

Hey I dont disagree that the format is bullshit and a money spinner but it would still be great to win it and I hope Liverpool and Klopp give it the greatest of respect which Im sure we will and go balls out to win it.
No doubt you go out to win it. But you've also got to look at the league game on the following Sunday. And quite often EL games aren't after an away game in Western Asia so the 3 day recovery whilst not ideal can be handled well. It just so happens to be this week we go to Western Asia and play against a top side (on paper) domestically

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather win the EL than finish top 4, but I think this year the better chance is to get into the top 4. I think this is the most open premier league in years

IMO FA Cup winner should get the 4th CL spot. Should then go to 4th if the FA Cup winner finishes in the top 3
Yeah I agree. The cup has lost much of its charm in the CL and PL era, that would restore it. Mind you it would also of meant Wigan qualifying for the CL whilst playing in the championship!

Yeah I agree. The cup has lost much of its charm in the CL and PL era, that would restore it. Mind you it would also of meant Wigan qualifying for the CL whilst playing in the championship!
So be it. If they were good enough to win the FA Cup and get relegated they'd deserve to be there. Mind you I think a lot stronger sides would have been fielded from the 3rd round on wards if that was the prize at stake.

So be it. If they were good enough to win the FA Cup and get relegated they'd deserve to be there. Mind you I think a lot stronger sides would have been fielded from the 3rd round on wards if that was the prize at stake.
The thing that stops it is the threat to the coefficient. But to be honest, I think Wigan and Pompey are the only teams teams outside the top 4 (plus City) in years. We haven't even made the final in over 20 years

Back