List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats this about?
The number of saints players they can play in the senior side is capped... unless they come to an extra ordinary agreement

Its why certain players were dropped to the dev league this year which saw various saints coaches comment about the negative impact it has

The number of saints players they can play in the senior side is capped... unless they come to an extra ordinary agreement

Its why certain players were dropped to the dev league this year which saw various saints coaches comment about the negative impact it has
I thought it was capped at 15 last year, not 13?

Yep. I think it's because these blokes are so lean. Membrey is 188cm and 90kg.

Freeman>Markworth
Carlisle>>>White
Gresham>>Saad
White<Ray (at this stage, obviously potentially White could become as good if not better than Ray Farren)
Rice=Siposs (at this stage, obviously potential much greater)
Coughlan<Simpkin
O'Kearney<<<Schneider

Yeah footy players are definitely lighter these days. I used to see Kosi around and he was like a twig when you saw him off field. Generally they look lighter up close.

Yeah footy players are definitely lighter these days. I used to see Kosi around and he was like a twig when you saw him off field. Generally they look lighter up close.

Remember meeting Saad and thinking how could this guy survive a hit from a tackling bag, let alone a ripped AFL player. Incredibly slight. Ripping bloke - shame he was a one trick pony that forgot his trick. His last Sandy performance was a shocker.

Remember meeting Saad and thinking how could this guy survive a hit from a tackling bag, let alone a ripped AFL player. Incredibly slight. Ripping bloke - shame he was a one trick pony that forgot his trick. His last Sandy performance was a shocker.

Yeah Saady is a gun of a guy. When I saw Lonie at the intra club last year he was the build of my 10 year old son and not much taller. I said he would be 4 years off having a frame big enough to take hits from guys like Chappy. He's as brave as they come to go out on a field and take the hits at that size.

Who are you to say he's likely to not play a game?

Also I more specifically said schneider, at least in his last year who; if you will remember couldnt outrun a tortoise or hit the side of a barn by hand or foot.

Finally, you cant honestly think that Freeman is only slightly better than Markworth. I mean for starters he's actually on a list. as well as that he is basically a walkup start and has the potential to be one of our best players. but no go ahead. he's equivalent to Markworth.
And who are you to say he is likely to play a game.

I'm all for optimism but there's a place for realism too...

The fact is the majority of second round rookie won't make it. History tells us that..

Schneider played plenty of decent games this year. It's fanciful to think that in the next couple of years O'Kearney will play better than Schneider did this year when he played 14 games averaging around 19 disposals a game. Even more fanciful to imagine he will come close to having the career Adam had.

Finally I only said Freeman and Markworth were equivalent in the number of afl games they have played. Overall I used the symbol '>' which means 'greater than'. IMO at this stage Freeman holds more promise than Markworth, but he's also a chance to be our next Jesse Smith.

Obviously I'm hoping that all these blokes go on to become St Kilda legends but realistically they aren't all going to be and at best one or two of them may. I can't easily comment on players I haven't play so one particular positive I will say is that I believe that Jake Carlisle will 100+ games for our club, and IMO is a 50/50 proposition to become an AA key defender. The bloke is a gun.

Last edited:
Yeah Saady is a gun of a guy. When I saw Lonie at the intra club last year he was the build of my 10 year old son and not much taller. I said he would be 4 years off having a frame big enough to take hits from guys like Chappy. He's as brave as they come to go out on a field and take the hits at that size.
+1 here couldnt believe it when i heard from someone at the nz camp that said lonie would play round 1

Yep. But the endurance they have is phenomenal. Taking a hit after nearly two hours of game time and 15+ km running. Wow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring on the Saints VFL team..
Likely (or at least indicative) lineup if it was VFL Round 1 2016...

FB: Shenton - Delaney - Webster
HB: Lee - Coughlan - McKenzie
RK: Holmes - Curren - Minchington
CR: Templeton - Acres - Murdoch
HF: O'Kearney - McCartin - Saunders
FF: Gresham - Pierce - Payne
IC: Rice White

Of course, we know there'll be some dedicated VFL players - personally I hope someone like Tommy Simpkin is asked to come captain the side - but that's not a bad starting side for the Ressies.

I saw Lonie and his best mate (Bailey Dale from the Doggies) training during the break. They could have been mistaken for a couple of kids doing preseason training for the local under 16's.

Wenster
Likely (or at least indicative) lineup if it was VFL Round 1 2016...

FB: Shenton - Delaney - Webster
HB: Lee - Coughlan - McKenzie
RK: Holmes - Curren - Minchington
CR: Templeton - Acres - Murdoch
HF: O'Kearney - McCartin - Saunders
FF: Gresham - Pierce - Payne
IC: Rice White

Of course, we know there'll be some dedicated VFL players - personally I hope someone like Tommy Simpkin is asked to come captain the side - but that's not a bad starting side for the Ressies.

Webster will not be playing twos..

Wenster

Webster will not be playing twos..
I'd have him in the 1s, but he's not a lock. Roberton, Savage, Geary, Dempster are all in the mix, and Fisher is likely to play as a 3rd tall now.

New age rank after the drafts. Oldest to youngest.

1. North
2. Freo
3. Hawthorn
4. Geelong
5. Essendon
6. West Coast
7. Carlton
8. Adelaide
9. Collingwood
10. Port
11. Richmond
12. Bulldogs
13. Sydney
14. Melbourne
15. St Kilda
16. Gold Coast
17. GWS
18. Brisbane

I'd have him in the 1s, but he's not a lock. Roberton, Savage, Geary, Dempster are all in the mix, and Fisher is likely to play as a 3rd tall now.

JWeb is an absolute lock for best 22 when fit IMO. He's ahead of all of those guys due to; disposal, pace & his age.

New age rank after the drafts. Oldest to youngest.

1. North
2. Freo
3. Hawthorn
4. Geelong
5. Essendon
6. West Coast
7. Carlton
8. Adelaide
9. Collingwood
10. Port
11. Richmond
12. Bulldogs
13. Sydney
14. Melbourne
15. St Kilda
16. Gold Coast
17. GWS
18. Brisbane
North have got this year to contend before falling off the cliff. Theyre gonna fall hard as well.

Cant believe Carlton is still in the top 8 after shedding a third of their list.. thats just shocking.

Lol at Essendon indeed.

I saw Lonie and his best mate (Bailey Dale from the Doggies) training during the break. They could have been mistaken for a couple of kids doing preseason training for the local under 16's.

He's got a baby face as well which doesn't help. He seriously makes you wonder how he doesn't snap. Billings wasn't much bigger when he started though. Sinclair has a baby face but has the build of a man especially in the legs. Dan Mc Kenzie has arms that would make spaghetti feel tough.

JWeb is an absolute lock for best 22 when fit IMO. He's ahead of all of those guys due to; disposal, pace & his age.
Defenders still need to defend, and it's there he falls down currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back