The Klopp Files

Remove this Banner Ad

every Liverpool fan everywhere has noticed how our away support is ridiculously good but home sounds like a library. i experience it first hand in 2012 and it hasn't changed. last night the wba fans were going "your support is ******* s**t". european nights are still good but not at the standard they once were - which is another point entirely, some people yearn for the days of anfield rocking like it's 2005, that will never happen again because 2005 is gone, it will only rock like it's 2020 in the future and we'll have to get used to that.

like cooldude said in our thread a couple weeks ago, it follows the same pattern that i've noticed myself that others have to see. YNWA is huge like you said, then after a few minutes it fizzles out, you hear a couple of the same songs then they start to get restless. there is no relentless singing for 25 minutes before they realise there's a football game going on that might not be going their way - those nerves are there from the start now, that's the mentality klopp is looking to change by celebrating picking up a point instead of booing like "we're Liverpool we should be beating these".

every Liverpool fan everywhere has noticed how our away support is ridiculously good but home sounds like a library. i experience it first hand in 2012 and it hasn't changed. last night the wba fans were going "your support is ******* s**t". european nights are still good but not at the standard they once were - which is another point entirely, some people yearn for the days of anfield rocking like it's 2005, that will never happen again because 2005 is gone, it will only rock like it's 2020 in the future and we'll have to get used to that.

like cooldude said in our thread a couple weeks ago, it follows the same pattern that i've noticed myself that others have to see. YNWA is huge like you said, then after a few minutes it fizzles out, you hear a couple of the same songs then they start to get restless. there is no relentless singing for 25 minutes before they realise there's a football game going on that might not be going their way - those nerves are there from the start now, that's the mentality klopp is looking to change by celebrating picking up a point instead of booing like "we're Liverpool we should be beating these".

Obviously I'm commenting as an outsider (also with my Man U hat removed).

I think Klopp is great but personally I would be embarrassed if LvG got United to gesture like that at the end of a game we didn't win.

How is that selective FAITH?

How far back do you want me to go to find a period where Klopp was successful?
Maybe you shouldn't be so selective.

Liverpool have a very intelligent manager but that doesn't mean any success will follow.

To say Klopp is better than Mou is you being very selective, seeing as Mou is more successful throughout Klopps managerial career.

I'd also take LvG as it currently stands as he has us sitting top four, an area that Liverpool aren't currently in.
On a serious note, that's a bit harsh. LVG didn't take over United 10 games into this season with them languishing.

Dont mind the response even though it was just a draw. It was a late come from behind draw and recognised the fans for not leaving or booing the final 10 mins. Always like when managers make the players acknowledge the fans even after a loss, maybe not in such a flamboyant way but it's Klopp just look at the bloke! It's the traditional token clap normally given just with his eccentric touch on it

On a serious note, that's a bit harsh. LVG didn't take over United 10 games into this season with them languishing.

How is it harsh? It can be countered by our shocking injury issues.

I really wanna stay outta these "discussions" coz it just turns into a shitfight as soon as I say something that United fans don't like

Anfield crowd's been toxic for ages, quiet as heck, groans when things go wrong, leaves early when they don't like it. They don't boo though, which is cool, but they aren't exactly helping. Klopp put them on notice after Palace and against WBA they stayed and roared the team on and we ended up getting a point that we otherwise wouldn't have.

You might think it's embarrassing, which is fine, but Klopp's just trying to make positives out of an otherwise s**t result, I have no problems with him doing it

Not all of us can be like United fans, booing their team, emptying the stadium and calling for their manager's head as soon as a result is s**t

I really wanna stay outta these "discussions" coz it just turns into a shitfight as soon as I say something that United fans don't like

Anfield crowd's been toxic for ages, quiet as heck, groans when things go wrong, leaves early when they don't like it. They don't boo though, which is cool, but they aren't exactly helping. Klopp put them on notice after Palace and against WBA they stayed and roared the team on and we ended up getting a point that we otherwise wouldn't have.

You might think it's embarrassing, which is fine, but Klopp's just trying to make positives out of an otherwise s**t result, I have no problems with him doing it

Not all of us can be like United fans, booing their team, emptying the stadium and calling for their manager's head as soon as a result is s**t
:D

You were so close to being able to have a proper discussion. Shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't have it with someone who is more interested in being snide than discussing an issue, shame for you indeed

Describing yourself correctly, my discussion was fine.

Obviously I'm commenting as an outsider (also with my Man U hat removed).

I think Klopp is great but personally I would be embarrassed if LvG got United to gesture like that at the end of a game we didn't win.

Put your manu hat back on and tell me are you more embarrassed of your team under LVG or Moyes considering LVG has spent nearly 200m (pounds) more than the chosen one?

Put your manu hat back on and tell me are you more embarrassed of your team under LVG or Moyes considering LVG has spent nearly 200m (pounds) more than the chosen one?

Could you ask me this question in the relevant LvG thread?

I don't wish to derail the Klopp thread, Also wouldn't it be better if I commented on LvG or Moyes without my Man U hat on? That would mean I'm not responding as a fan.

No it can't. LVG has had the opportunity to better strengthen his side in the off season. He clearly didn't do that adequately. Klopp hasn't had that chance yet. He was handed a side that he had no say in.

Pretty much this, but since people just wanna stick the foot in Liverpool when they have the chance they can't really see that. It's impossible to have a normal discussion about my football club nowadays

We've had our best centre forward, centre mid and centre half out for extended periods of time and loads of other players out injured, but we'll ignore that coz only Man United get injuries

No it can't. LVG has had the opportunity to better strengthen his side in the off season. He clearly didn't do that adequately. Klopp hasn't had that chance yet. He was handed a side that he had no say in.

I haven't criticised Klopps managing of the side, I think he is going a good job with what he has. :drunk:

why so sandy meltdude?

Not as sandy as you people ;) total melts when I talk about your crowd and say "but you can't tell us what we think" like some pubescent teenager then a few days later talks about the Anfield crowd when they don't have a clue. Love united fans

I only dish out half of what we take, I'd say I'm benevolent

You said you preferred a manager based on where your two sides are currently situated. All I was saying was that it wasn't an effective way to compare the two managers (based on this season).

How was that criticising what Klopp has done for Liverpool?

What else should I compare the two managers on Jatz, should I go back to last season? Ok well Klopp failed hard with BD whilst LvG got United back into the top 4. :$

I'd prefer Mou to LvG and Klopp and he is doing the shittest out of all three.

Dont mind the response even though it was just a draw. It was a late come from behind draw and recognised the fans for not leaving or booing the final 10 mins. Always like when managers make the players acknowledge the fans even after a loss, maybe not in such a flamboyant way but it's Klopp just look at the bloke! It's the traditional token clap normally given just with his eccentric touch on it

Now a Spurs fan is talking sense, for shame the rest of you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back