Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Predictions for the team line up?

Tomic singles
Kyrgios singles
Kokkinakis doubles
Groth doubles

Millman/Jasika/Duckworth might be other people's choices?

Would lean against playing Kokki in singles as he won't be fit yet returning from injury.

Tickets go on sale 1st February

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Guccione (is he even around?) and Groth doubles.

Kyrgios and Tomic singles.

John Peers worth a mention maybe. 8th in the world in doubles, made the Wimbledon and US Open Final and beaten the Bryan Brothers a few times.

Last edited:

Guccione (is he even around?) and Groth doubles.

Kyrgios and Tomic singles.
Yeah I'm not sure what happened with Guccione hasn't been brought up in coversation for a bit. Maybe retired/injured?

Tomic, Kyrgios, Groth, Peers.

Has to be this four. With this tie being on grass, wouldn't even come close to picking Kokkanksis whether or not he's injured

I'd go their four as well.

But does anyone think Lleyton might turn back to his mate Guccione?

EDIT: apologies.. Didn't read earlier comments only the one above.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not sure what happened with Guccione hasn't been brought up in coversation for a bit. Maybe retired/injured?

wiki says he & Duckworth were runners up at the Bris International doubles this year.

Guccione has been virtually full time on the Doubles circuit for at least three years and bassically done nothing. He is not a good doubles player.

Peers has to play doubles with Groth. Kyrgios and Tomic play the singles. Kokkinakis won't be ready until later in the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the America side of things?

Sock and Isner for singles

Doubles no idea? Do the Bryan brothers play or does Querrey?

what about Millman?

Would love to see him in the team but unless Bernie goes on another anti-TA rant and Nick does something stupid I doubt he will get a look in :(

Don't think Thanasi is a definite at this stage, it will surely depend how he comes up after his shoulder surgery.

Very happy this is at Kooyong as it means I will be able to go :thumbsu:

Last edited:
What about the America side of things?

Sock and Isner for singles

Doubles no idea? Do the Bryan brothers play or does Querrey?

They have generally used the Bryan brothers for doubles. Sock is an accomplished doubles player though so now he is #2 in singles there would be the possibility of teaming Sock with one Bryan brother for the doubles and having Querrey as the reserve singles player. You'd probably still expect the Bryan's but it's pretty risky if Isner or Sock were to get injured day 1.

Looking through their grass court records you would say Isner and Sock only have fair records on grass. You would think given their game styles that it would be better than it is. It's amazing actually how many times Hewitt has beaten the 2 of them plus Querrey on grass.

We are probably going to need to win 3 of the 4 singles ties to progress. Reasonably confident Bernie will show up and play well and I'd back him to win both matches, need the Wimbledon Kyrgios to show as opposed to the sooky Darwin one to win the tie.

Would love to see him in the team but unless Bernie goes on another anti-TA rant and Nick does something stupid I doubt he will get a look in :(

Don't think Thannasi is a definite at this stage, it will surely depend how he comes up after his shoulder surgery.

Very happy this is at Kooyong as it means I will be able to go :thumbsu:

Does Millman play doubles?

Isner isn't terribly strong on grass (despite his most famous victory being on it). I wouldn't even be that sure about Sock on it either given Groth beat him last year on it. I can understand why we choose it. Bryans would have the edge in doubles but the tie would be even in my eyes, I see Tomic winning both most likely (Isner isn't the easiest matchup for Bernie but in a rally he should have downright confused) and really that means Kyrgios has to win one. which we should be expecting.

Actually if this wasn't an olympic year then I wouldn't be sure if the Bryans would be coming.

Wrong thread - but does anyone know how the qualification/selection process works for the Olympics?
Not sure at all on that.
Do know Tsonga and Fed are playing mixed doubles in it though

Fed Cup lineup will look different next week.
Dellacqua on a break, Tomljanovic and Gavrilova ineligible.

Stosur and Wolfe to contest singles, no idea about the doubles?

Wrong thread - but does anyone know how the qualification/selection process works for the Olympics?
You have to have played or made yourself available to play Davis cup or fed cup in the 2 years leading up to the Olympics.

Then it comes down to ranking with a certain cut off point for entry into the Olympics. Then there is a certain amount of players you can have represent the country in each of the events (singles, doubles, mixed doubles).

How they work out entries for doubles and mixed I am not sure about though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back