Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Reports are Gold Coast's Jaeger O’Meara’s manager will meet with Gold Coast today as he seriously considers a move to a Melbourne club next year.

What/who would you be willing to give up to get him to your club?

I would give up plenty but we have nothing left to give. How about a late forth rounder and some good will.;).
Actually, Sidebottom is a free agent at the end of the year, so how about Sidebottom, a late forth rounder and some good will.
I think most clubs would want him but there would be very few that will be in a position to get him.
My money is on the Hawks.

I'd give up two first rounders and a fringe player, but his knee kind of makes me not that keen.

Not that I wouldn't want him, just we're not really in the position to have another risky contact on the books.

Saints, Richmond and Hawks should be all over him.

Two parts to the deal, maybe three.

1. Someone with the cash to meet his demands and also the balls to offer a long term contract to a player coming off a bad knee injury. Carlton, Melbourne, Saints would, you assume have plenty of cap space. Essendon in theory should also be there abouts but their situation is complicated. With forward paying and banking of cap space, other clubs should also be to join the party.

2. Ability to engineer a trade. Will come down to what the Suns want, to be honest can't see them wanting a heap of picks unless they have some academy guns they want. They need players, IMO so that opens the door for some of the better Vic based clubs with maybe the Dogs standing out as a side with a heap of mid types they could package up. Never rule out the Hawks, Richmond probably think he is already coming to them, and North always seem to have a crack at whoever is in the market.

3. If he wants on field success, might rule out the bottom clubs but he is young and as such should have plenty of time to grow with an emerging side.

Let the games being, my view is the value of the Trelaor deal is a rough starting point in terms of the deal required.

I'd be pretty happy for North to give up a player + first round pick this year and next years first rounder. With a few likely retirements at seasons end they should definitely have the money. He'd go along way to keeping North up the pointy end of the ladder

Will be interesting to follow - if he has a good year he will be worth heaps. If he battles injuries and struggles I am not sure he is will be worth a massive offer.

I would prefer the Roos target Hurley and Hooker as delisted FA. With the retirements in the next couple of years we could have a lot of spare cash to offer a gun.

Will be interesting to follow - if he has a good year he will be worth heaps. If he battles injuries and struggles I am not sure he is will be worth a massive offer.

I would prefer the Roos target Hurley and Hooker as delisted FA. With the retirements in the next couple of years we could have a lot of spare cash to offer a gun.

FA ya goose - neither one will be DFA.

Unless of course, you wanna go all Ryder clause on Hurley's ass?

The only really relevant bit:

the AFL Players’ Association confirmed at a closed meeting yesterday that each of the dozen Bombers suspended by the Court of Arbitration for Sport was free to quit Essendon of their own will.

Ryder was hypothetical. The AFLPA saying it basically means that's how it is.

I'd be pretty happy for North to give up a player + first round pick this year and next years first rounder. With a few likely retirements at seasons end they should definitely have the money. He'd go along way to keeping North up the pointy end of the ladder

I know for a fact a team mate of Jaeger's is a higher priority for North melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think Ryder would have failed in the attempt; owing to the fact that no breach had been proven at the time.

Now? Yeah no doubt - dare say any player that was on the list in 2012 could probably achieve it with no resistance from the club.

*EDIT* - And very cheeky by Ryder, considering the jab he wanted to leave for had nothing to do with the supplements program.....

Garbage. Since when did the AFLPA make decisions on behalf the league?

Whilst the AFLPA has no legal ground to declare contracts void on behalf of the players (and neither does the AFL for that matter), it is common sense regardless - any of those players could rightfully claim Essendon is in breach of contract by not providing a safe working environment; an the WorkSafe convictions prove that.

Please let's not get into it. I got banned from the polls board for mentioning Essendons doping

Garbage. Since when did the AFLPA make decisions on behalf the league?

I doubt the AFLPA would have made such a claim without having the league on board, given how hand in glove they tend to be (which I am somewhat cynical about).

FA ya goose - neither one will be DFA.

Unless of course, you wanna go all Ryder clause on Hurley's ass?

They can walk and I would be amazed if all 12 played for essendon next year.

I would would love to see you wearing a North Melbourne jumper on in with Michael Hurley's new number on the back. Pure gold!!

They can walk and I would be amazed if all 12 played for essendon next year.

I would would love to see you wearing a North Melbourne jumper on in with Michael Hurley's new number on the back. Pure gold!!

You're a cruel bastard, ya know that?

FWIW, the players I am desperate to have playing at Essendon next year are Hurley, Heppell, Hooker, Myers and Colyer.

The rest? Stanton, Watson and Bellchambers are 'nice to have'.

FWIW, the players I am desperate to have playing at Essendon next year are Hurley, Heppell, Hooker, Myers and Colyer.

Maybe you could trade one for O'Meara.

Losing them and getting the Carlilse deal is better than losing them and getting the Ryder deal.

Ok stuff it, I'm in.

The players you want to keep Jade are the only players anyone wants

Ok stuff it, I'm in.

The players you want to keep Jade are the only players anyone wants

I don't want Myers or Colyer. Myers is slow and injury prone and Colyer quick and butches the ball. You couldn't play Colyer and Gibson in the same side and not end up pulling your hair out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back