Injury What is the current injury status of our list??

Remove this Banner Ad

Always Hawks

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As far as I can tell from the AFL website and training reports on BigFooty:

J. Roughhead out with a PCL reconstruction for half the season
A. Woodward out for the first half of the season recovering from an ACL reconstruction
W. Langford not training fully due to a knee complaint
M. Spangher not training fully due to a calf strain
L. Langford still being managed cautiously
R. Burton still being managed cautiously

Anything else?

That would explain who the bloke in the hawks top was, down at the eastern goals. :)

If Surman ever fills out and grows another 2cm he will be massive.

He has the shoulder width of an elite swimmer.

Bad feeling that this is spanghermans last year on the list unfortunately , the bad luck with injuries are getting on the nose a bit. Also, no Gunston in intra match!!!

Bad feeling that this is spanghermans last year on the list unfortunately , the bad luck with injuries are getting on the nose a bit. Also, no Gunston in intra match!!!
He was there in the first qtr and a half

Gunston dragged down into the interrogation chamber for contract discussions...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anybody know if Surman's back injury is going to be ongoing issue or what ?

If Spangh only manages 4 games again this year, does he deserve a contract for 2017?
Would be 30 in 2017, having played 60 games in his career.
Unfortunately no. Pity, though he is limited he brings a lot of energy to the team. Always ready to compete against the monsters, covers plenty of ground. His disposal seemed clean in the 4 games he played last year. Brand & Heatherly seem to be coming on okay as prospective 2nd key tall defenders.

As far as I can tell from the AFL website and training reports on BigFooty:

J. Roughhead out with a PCL reconstruction for half the season
A. Woodward out for the first half of the season recovering from an ACL reconstruction
W. Langford not training fully due to a knee complaint
M. Spangher not training fully due to a calf strain
L. Langford still being managed cautiously
R. Burton still being managed cautiously

Anything else?
Will Langford and his dad flew into Hobart last night I am not sure why and I hope it's not got anything to do with his knee.

Will Langford and his dad flew into Hobart last night I am not sure why and I hope it's not got anything to do with his knee.
Why would flying into Hobart be a sign of that?

For what it's worth there was something on the Hawks facebook page earlier today about the club doing a Tasmania tour next week. Perhaps the players have tomorrow off and Langers has for whatever reason decided to go down a bit earlier to see some sights or something.

Why would flying into Hobart be a sign of that?

For what it's worth there was something on the Hawks facebook page earlier today about the club doing a Tasmania tour next week. Perhaps the players have tomorrow off and Langers has for whatever reason decided to go down a bit earlier to see some sights or something.
I never said it was a sign of that I said I hoped it was nothing to do with the injury and he was not herd to see a surgeon.

Pretty sure between his suspension for misconduct and his 47 hamstring injuries last year Webster didn't play any nab challenge and not that much for BHH either really.

He's looking good this preseason though fingers crossed for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back