Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think they could do yet another stupid reality TV show.
You get a heap of local bands , they play half time entertainment throughout the season.
As the season winds to a close some of them are getting more popular and have been featured on TV.

By the time you get to the Grand Final you get a winner playing their big hit.

By default they sound good in a Stadium.
i'll leave it to you to apologise to all the little tackers who miss out on playing during half time and their parents...

Everytime I watch the Super Bowl half time entertainment it reminds me of how much the AFL gets it wrong almost every year for the Grand Final.
It's like they have no imagination, is run by someone pinching the pennies and/or is about 10 years out of date.
Why is it so hard?
FGS spend the money and give us something to be proud of!
What are you saying: Meatloaf, Lionel Richie, Jimmy Barnes, INXS, Brian Adams are out of date?! ;) I know man, it drives me bonkers. I love MMM and Gold as much as the next 40 year old, but c'mon. The fact is, the Channel Nine Footy Show get better acts for their Grand Final show than the AFL can seem to get for the actual game.

We got Aish as a replacement.. I'm not really that disgruntled.

I don't have a lot of faith in Freeman's long term prospects, and that is without any biased.
Hahaha Aish over Freeman. Lol what a comparison.
You neanderthals almost destroyed Freeman's career, the whole reason he left.

Then when he decides to leave filth supporters abused him and wanted him to be permanent injured, but take in Aish with no problems.

Not just hypocrite but poor losers. Ypu lost Freeman because of negligent mismanagement relayed by Freeman to the club as THE REASON he wanted out of your s**t stain of a club.

No off our board with you ignorance and foolish stupidity

View attachment 213925

"Guys, please, let's just be adults here..."
Hard to be when a filth idiot comes on spouting ignorant idiocies.

Eff the filth and their horde of toothless Bogans especially ones that come on to our board spouting bullshit

Everytime I watch the Super Bowl half time entertainment it reminds me of how much the AFL gets it wrong almost every year for the Grand Final.
It's like they have no imagination, is run by someone pinching the pennies and/or is about 10 years out of date.
Why is it so hard?
FGS spend the money and give us something to be proud of!

Agree the NFL do it well.
But the thing they do even better is a press conference , you actually hear the question from the media .
We do have the guys with imagination for big events , they do the opening /closing ceremonies for the Olympics have done several for other countries , unfortunately it is a low priority in the big house of AFL.

Agree the NFL do it well.
But the thing they do even better is a press conference , you actually hear the question from the media .
We do have the guys with imagination for big events , they do the opening /closing ceremonies for the Olympics have done several for other countries , unfortunately it is a low priority in the big house of AFL.

Yay lets have blow up kangaroo's.
I seriously cringe at most opening/closing ceremonies.

One thing is the question of cost.
The Superbowl was in SanFrancisco
There is an amazing list of artists who could probably drive to the game from their house.
Its a bit different when you start talking about putting them on a plane to Australia to perform a short music set, remembering that there is more revenue for the Superbowl in the first place.

Its low priority for me too.
If someone told me the Grand Finals tickets were going to cost 50% extra because Beyonce was going to sing 2 songs. I wouldn't be happy.
( am i the only one who thinks that Beyonce is attractive but overrated, and her songs are repetitive and monotonous )?

Also maybe this is what Meatloaf should have done :
( From Wikipedia )
It was later revealed that the music was pre-recorded. Red Hot Chili Pepper's drummer, Chad Smith responded on Twitter by saying "FYI... Every band in the last 10 years at the Super Bowl has performed to a previously recorded track. It's the NFL's policy.

Superbowl also had an aging Madonna only a few years ago, so whatever floats your boat i guess, but i wouldn't want to be paying for it.

The Grand Final is or should be our global showcase of the game and is often the only game many people around the world get to see.
Simple promotion of the game should dictate the necessity for extra money to be spent on the entertainment piece.

This fear that it is going to blow ticket prices out of the water are a little overdone and baseless at this stage.
How much revenue is generated by the GF and what are the sources?
How much is currently spent on entertainment?
What is the net increase in entertainment spend required?
What profit does the AFL take from the game pre & post an increase in entertainment spend?
These are all questions you'd need to know the answers to before you could genuinely know the impact on ticket prices from an increase in entertainment spend.

The Grand Final is or should be our global showcase of the game and is often the only game many people around the world get to see.
Simple promotion of the game should dictate the necessity for extra money to be spent on the entertainment piece.

This fear that it is going to blow ticket prices out of the water are a little overdone and baseless at this stage.
What profit does the AFL take from the game pre & post an increase in entertainment spend?
These are all questions you'd need to know the answers to before you could genuinely know the impact on ticket prices from an increase in entertainment spend.

The TV network for superbowl was charging 5million for a 30 second advertisment.
Simple promotion?
ALL money that goes to the AFL is used for Australian football one way or another. What do you think they do with profits, stick it in Gill's back pocket?

How much?
You'd think that 4 million for each major artist would cover it , but who knows with these primmadonna's. There is a certain prestige to doing the superbowl.

If the costs could be covered by television advertising , then maybe the TV company should arrange the entertainment.
Otherwise its 40 dollars extra for each ticket per major artist.

The TV network for superbowl was charging 5million for a 30 second advertisment.
Simple promotion?
ALL money that goes to the AFL is used for Australian football one way or another. What do you think they do with profits, stick it in Gill's back pocket?

How much?
You'd think that 4 million for each major artist would cover it , but who knows with these primmadonna's. There is a certain prestige to doing the superbowl.

If the costs could be covered by television advertising , then maybe the TV company should arrange the entertainment.
Otherwise its 40 dollars extra for each ticket per major artist.

Isn't that the point? We don't really know the true costs or potential increase in revenue and therefore what the real increase in ticket prices would be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that the point? We don't really know the true costs or potential increase in revenue and therefore what the real increase in ticket prices would be.

You can estimate it.
Big acts get in the order of a million revenue per concert . ( Based on published information PINK and Beyonce , Some of the Eagles concerts were earning 4 or 5 times that )
They would want extra for a one off, especially in Australia. Maybe four million, maybe 8 million. You should get someone for that.

Now IF the AFL pay for it their extra revenue will be..........................ZERO. Because the ground is already full and the TV rights are already paid for.
So it becomes a gift for channel 7.

UNLESS they intend to profit on it by charging everyone in the ground 60-$80 extra.

Now IF you were not going to watch sports on TV, would you choose to watch it because Beyonce or Bruno Mars was there, bearing in mind that you could probably watch it on You Tube tomorrow?

You can estimate it.
Big acts get in the order of a million revenue per concert . ( Based on published information PINK and Beyonce , Some of the Eagles concerts were earning 4 or 5 times that )
They would want extra for a one off, especially in Australia. Maybe four million, maybe 8 million. You should get someone for that.

Now IF the AFL pay for it their extra revenue will be..........................ZERO. Because the ground is already full and the TV rights are already paid for.
So it becomes a gift for channel 7.

UNLESS they intend to profit on it by charging everyone in the ground 60-$80 extra.

Now IF you were not going to watch sports on TV, would you choose to watch it because Beyonce or Bruno Mars was there, bearing in mind that you could probably watch it on You Tube tomorrow?

It doesn't necessarily have to be an international star. And what is being spent on entertainment currently?
And the costs could be split if the networks feel they could get more advertising $ from it.
There are so many moving parts here assuming anything without knowing the facts is near on impossible.

It doesn't necessarily have to be an international star. And what is being spent on entertainment currently?
And the costs could be split if the networks feel they could get more advertising $ from it.
There are so many moving parts here assuming anything without knowing the facts is near on impossible.

It seems likely that most of the international acts are selected based on who happens to be visiting Australia at the time.

My point is that its futile to compare it with the Superbowl.

Hard to be when a filth idiot comes on spouting ignorant idiocies.

Eff the filth and their horde of toothless Bogans especially ones that come on to our board spouting bullshit

Hey!

It seems likely that most of the international acts are selected based on who happens to be visiting Australia at the time.

My point is that its futile to compare it with the Superbowl.

I think they found Meatloaf under a cardboard box. I doubt he has ben working in the last 20 years. Pretty sure they had Tom Jones unfrozen from a cryogenic chamber. Not sure they were touring anywhere.

Why do we care what people overseas think of our game let alone the entertainment? Its only ever going to be successful in one country. And those questions are basically unimportant except what is currently spent on the entertainment. If we spend more to make it better the money comes from somewhere so its either the clubs get less or the public pay. I don't think either want that to happen. Our game is good enough without all the stuff the yanks do. Half time is for a drink or to talk about the game. In American footy you have that much time available you can do either of those whilst the game is being played.

Why do we care what people overseas think of our game let alone the entertainment? Its only ever going to be successful in one country. And those questions are basically unimportant except what is currently spent on the entertainment. If we spend more to make it better the money comes from somewhere so its either the clubs get less or the public pay. I don't think either want that to happen. Our game is good enough without all the stuff the yanks do. Half time is for a drink or to talk about the game. In American footy you have that much time available you can do either of those whilst the game is being played.

I think the NRL even does a better job than the AFL. They tend to get better acts that seem less cringeworthy. Somehow the AFL have a talent for finding acts that repel even the people in the age groups that they intend to entertain. When I was young I had a few friends in film school and we used to have a weekly s**t film festival where you would try to come up with something truly terrible when it was your turn to host. I'm pretty sure the AFL hierarchy have come up with a similar system for choosing musical acts. If we could just come up with something better it wouldn't be more expensive - just better. Meatloaf cost $850,000 I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back