2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Qualifying Final @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

When we inevitably promote Broadbent for Bonner: 'Aw, yeah, nah, look, Broady didn't have the best game for the Maggies on the weekend. He knows that and he accepts that, but as you'se know he was returning from injury, and it takes some time to find form. What we know about Broady is he's a quality player, hard at the ball. I think it would be unfair of us - of me, personally - to expect him to be at his best in his first game back from injury. But yeah, nah, look, it's finals, and you need your best players there. You need that experience there if you want to win finals football, and we think Broady brings that experience to our side. He's been there before and he knows what it's like. We know what we can expect from him and we know he'll give us his all.

Look, yeah, nah, he was also wearing a different number on the back of his guernsey on the weekend. That always throws you off a little. [Chuckle]

Eddy? Yeah, nah, I thought he went alright. Are we done here? Thanks guys.'

From what I've read of Eddy's performances this year it honestly sounds like he is doing what Colquhoun did last year.

"I'm dominating at this level doing what I'm doing, so I'm going to stick with that. Thanks but no thanks Port Adelaide."

Jogging around kicking goals and not impacting otherwise may win you awards in the SANFL, but it's not going to earn you a spot in an AFL side. If it's what you are good at I can understand the motivation to stick with it though.

I see all the 'negatives' with Eddy but why not focus on the positives rather than just saying nah..... (for Chr!sts sake he is there to kick goals)....

With Trengove we gave him a whole year to hopefully be a forward and do it with a positive attitude and ignored the glaring obvious 'negative' deficiencies.

It's just double standards no matter how you look at it, seriously Trengove the giraffe can apply defensive pressure any more than Eddy? give me a break.

I see all the 'negatives' with Eddy but why not focus on the positives rather than just saying nah..... (for Chr!sts sake he is there to kick goals)....

With Trengove we gave him a whole year to hopefully be a forward and do it with a positive attitude and ignored the glaring obvious 'negative' deficiencies.

It's just double standards no matter how you look at it, seriously Trengove the giraffe can apply defensive pressure any more than Eddy? give me a break.

No, but Trengove can ruck, which was essential in Ryder's first year back.

The goal kicking was never the concern with Eddy and he was recruited to cover in case of injury or suspension.

He has been moved on to a wing to see if he can develop into that third tall and obviously knows he has to walk on his defensive work.

The 2 D grade moments that epitomised that shit pot 2nd half for me were.

1. Trengove being somewhere in the land of nod, and turning his back on the sturt player who was bringing the ball back into play after a Maggie point during the last qtr, which allowed that player to pin point a pass to a team mate under absolutely zero pressure.

2. Palmer staying on his knees for a ridiculous amount of time after a failed marking attempt, also in the last qtr, which allowed the blue baggers to once again bring the ball out of defence, and again under zero pressure.

Both of those piss poor efforts allowed the blue baggers to get the ball from defence to inside their forward 50 with ease.

I can only imagine how Fos Williams or Jack Cahill would have reacted to any player who was that slack, especially at such a crucial stage of a final! o_O

No AFL in the SANFL'ers on Facebook like 'take out the PORT POWER RESERVES players and we win!' Take out the PORT POWER RESERVES players and we would have had 5 players in the team, so yeah, probably.

Take out the Port power reserve players and we have Beard and Kirkwood and Sturt no win no flag....

This.

"No AFL in SANFL" say the tens of Unley diehards, despite that particular rule change gifting them their most decorated player since sepiatone.

Glass half full. Would have been easy to lose that game. Opponent coming like a train, umps going full hedgehog in his prime.

Not a great second half but found a way to win and we have struggled against their Sydney zone so I see it as a bit of progress.

Don't think it tells us much about the main team next week though.

When we inevitably promote Broadbent for Bonner: 'Aw, yeah, nah, look, Broady didn't have the best game for the Maggies on the weekend. He knows that and he accepts that, but as you'se know he was returning from injury, and it takes some time to find form. What we know about Broady is he's a quality player, hard at the ball. I think it would be unfair of us - of me, personally - to expect him to be at his best in his first game back from injury. But yeah, nah, look, it's finals, and you need your best players there. You need that experience there if you want to win finals football, and we think Broady brings that experience to our side. He's been there before and he knows what it's like. We know what we can expect from him and we know he'll give us his all.

Look, yeah, nah, he was also wearing a different number on the back of his guernsey on the weekend. That always throws you off a little. [Chuckle]

Eddy? Yeah, nah, I thought he went alright. Are we done here? Thanks guys.'

somebody call an exorcist, Alyx has been possessed :eek:

lol seriously read that in Kens voice, bloody spooky that supporters know the same old spiel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I've read of Eddy's performances this year it honestly sounds like he is doing what Colquhoun did last year.

"I'm dominating at this level doing what I'm doing, so I'm going to stick with that. Thanks but no thanks Port Adelaide."

Jogging around kicking goals and not impacting otherwise may win you awards in the SANFL, but it's not going to earn you a spot in an AFL side. If it's what you are good at I can understand the motivation to stick with it though.
You watch today or you just talking shit about eddy

Just came back from the game.

lol when we kicked a bunch of goals in the 2nd quarter and some Sturt fan started crying about no afl in the sanfl, then sturt kicked 2 goals and he shut up.

Also book Broadbent in for surgery on his legs. He's cooked. Bring Irra in.

Other than Eddy I can't see any change to make.

Maybe Jackson for a WCE slow tall, but he would have to be very slow. Going through a bad patch.

I like Chad as a person, and he's ok as a seconds coach. Hope he gets a premiership with these guys. Did Graham ever get a premiership as coach?

Other than Eddy I can't see any change to make.

Maybe Jackson for a WCE slow tall, but he would have to be very slow. Going through a bad patch.

I like Chad as a person, and he's ok as a seconds coach. Hope he gets a premiership with these guys. Did Graham ever get a premiership as coach?
If Jacko is picked to play in defence, he will be assigned to Petrie and will ruck when Petrie goes into ruck.

It must be hard for the Magpies to adjust with players going in and out of the side.

We shouldn't forget that for most of the year Frampton, Howard, Marshall, Krak, Bonner and Johnson have been in the team and probably would have made heaps of difference today.

The writing was on the wall for quite a few AFL players all through this year, it's a shame that Ken didn't make some tough calls earlier and we might see some continuity in both the teams.

Expecting Krak to make a big difference next week and Summerton a chance to get back to his best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back