List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion II - Draft Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont really think you would listen to anything that goes against your mindset.

Did we pick up Talia? And I suppose Milne couldnt be delisted as he was never on Essendons list

Who said I didn't listen, I don't agree that's all. And my point of mentioning Talia is he is one of many names mentioned that some people say we should get. If I said the same about Talia as I did about Lamb you probably wouldn't care but anyway that's not my point. So many get mentioned that are delisted and only a few are drafted and most of those drafted don't even make it let alone the many others who don't even get picked up so as I said its a pretty safe bet that a one game delisted player isn't worth picking up and I would rather a punt on a Milne or a Sinclair than a 2 year one game AFL delisted player. Yep we could get a Cowell or a McDonnell but I think the rookie system should be used for those we haven't seen in an AFL system. Have we even ever got a ex AFL player on the rookie draft who has made it. Probably but I cant think of any. Don't get upset I'm not listening JB.

Was Isaac Newton also an annoying campaigner?

;)

pretty sure it was Isaac Newton who revolutionised science with "Newtons Laws"... the first of which stated that "the 2017 AFL draft was a shallow one with a soft top end that dissipates after pick 19". his second law states "2018 is a much stronger draft, with half a dozen prospect that would have gone pick 1 if eligible in 2017"

anyone disagreeing with Newton is disagreeing with science and should promptly get in the bin

Who said I didn't listen, I don't agree that's all. And my point of mentioning Talia is he is one of many names mentioned that some people say we should get. If I said the same about Talia as I did about Lamb you probably wouldn't care but anyway that's not my point. So many get mentioned that are delisted and only a few are drafted and most of those drafted don't even make it let alone the many others who don't even get picked up so as I said its a pretty safe bet that a one game delisted player isn't worth picking up and I would rather a punt on a Milne or a Sinclair than a 2 year one game AFL delisted player. Yep we could get a Cowell or a McDonnell but I think the rookie system should be used for those we haven't seen in an AFL system. Have we even ever got a ex AFL player on the rookie draft who has made it. Probably but I cant think of any. Don't get upset I'm not listening JB.

You leave Jenna alone, he might not have made it on to another list but that might have had plenty to do with his nose candy and selling state secrets as much as anything.

pretty sure it was Isaac Newton who revolutionised science with "Newtons Laws"... the first of which stated that "the 2017 AFL draft was a shallow one with a soft top end that dissipates after pick 19". his second law states "2018 is a much stronger draft, with half a dozen prospect that would have gone pick 1 if eligible in 2017"

anyone disagreeing with Newton is disagreeing with science and should promptly get in the bin

Yep good theory....the draft that you are currently observing is substandard to the future draft directly proceeding it.

Membrey signed with St Kilda as a delisted free agent at the end of 2014

He did but as I said has any rookie who has played AFL been a success with us and that doesn't mean Schneider. Think Robbo was also a delisted FA.

I don't really mind where we get our talent but in the last few years our identification of other teams talent has been much better than our drafting. If they think Tommy Lambshanks is better than any of the talent left over I back them to go for him.

I don't really mind where we get our talent but in the last few years our identification of other teams talent has been much better than our drafting. If they think Tommy Lambshanks is better than any of the talent left over I back them to go for him.

So will I if we draft him but until we do I don't want him. A mate of mine turned me off him when he taught him at Parkdale. Said he was lazy bighead but if we take him I hope he becomes a star bighead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doulton Langlands

STRENGTHS:
Speed, X-factor, leadership, kicking
IMPROVEMENTS: Endurance, inside game

SUMMARY: Doulton Langlands is an outside midfielder who is tied to the GWS Giants’ Academy. Considered a rookie prospect, Langlands has plenty of tools which can hurt opposition players, in particular his speed and deadly kicking. He finished the TAC Cup season with a kicking efficiency of 66 per cent and regularly showed plenty of X-factor along the wing. He needs to improve his endurance and inside game – just 36 per cent of his possessions were won in a contest – but his leadership and kicking is quite impressive.

Google his name, first link is a game review on AFLdraftcentral:
" Langlands doesn’t often stand out in any particular areas, but..."

lol. Nah I'm sure he is a jet, Marshall didn't have world beating stats either

Quite easily really.

He has made a number of non conformist statements. You have broadly attacked those views & by extension the author of those views (gringo).

I enjoy a variety of opinions because it provokes thought.

As always, attack the opinion, not the poster.

Iirc I didn't mention him.

But if you want to go down that path...

I don't have a problem with thought provoking opinions. In fact I am happy to listen, engage and be persuaded.

Now I'm not the smartest tool in the shed, but even I understand the difference between fact based, intelligent argument and emotive, childish nonsense.

Losing ones shit and bagging the club because they didn't select my fave falls into the latter category.

See what I just did?

I engaged in the opinion and not the person.

Few summaries of his games below. Played on the HB line with Paton which is interesting. Doesn't seem to have trouble finding it

#21 Doulton Langlands –
Langlands doesn’t often stand out in any particular areas, but this was one of his better games as he made his mark with some great run and carry. He’s a regular across half-back for Murray and he played that quarterback-type role perfectly as he gathered a wealth of uncontested ball and running bounces. He also impacted the scoreboard with his sole major and three score assists from some sharp inside 50 entries.

#21 Doulton Langlands – Langlands was definitely one of the better Bushrangers, starting off half-back then moving through the midfield and finishing up forward. He created some line-breaking speed in the opening half, and while his decision making at times was questionable, he starred up forward late. Langlands finished the game with three majors and along with Joe Richards (four goals), was the major goal kicker for the Bushrangers.

#21 Doulton Langlands – This man’s work in the backline was a huge reason behind the close finish. His decision-making and running was a key factor behind his teams movement along the wing. When this kid grabbed the ball he was off. It could be easily argued that he was the biggest problem for Stingray’s forward line, being way too quick for any of their players. Langlands has a lot of potential, showing he can do at all if he’s needed to. If you ask me, he definitely has a future in this game.

#21 Doulton Langlands – Showed poise coming off half back and was one of Murray’s best. He took a number of intercept marks in the defensive 50 and was a partner in crime with Samuel Beasley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back