T20I 2021 T20 World Cup Final - Australia v New Zealand 14 Nov 1am AEDT Congratulations Australia!

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing to see the flat track bullies win again, we would have won if we had Conway.

Just you wait until Stokes turns up for the Ashes, Stokes is a Kiwi/English monster that will smash the Aussies.

Stokes smash.
Would have smashed you guys if Hazelwood didn't drop the simple catch when Williamson was on 21 off 21.......

Did they all forget how he did the near impossible to retain the Ashes (we should really have won that series 3-1) only a few years ago away in England. We were always sh*t in T20 but hit the right form this WC, I'm still not sure why Smith, Hazlewood and to some extent Cummins is playing this format.

I was for changing coaches as the players had repeatedly expressed that the environment amongst the group (one of the key elements of cricket coaching IMO), was poor, and we were seeing them underperform regularly. I think his style was what we needed post sandpaper, however I questioned if it was still relevant.

Now, it’s been said that they talked about it and he’s made changes, the on field performances suggest that he perhaps has, however I think the real test will be the next time we find ourselves in the midst of a highly competitive test series like the India one.

It’s risky to assume that all of the very valid criticisms of Langer have all gone away on the basis of this performance. Had Wade and Stoinis not pulled out their get out of jail free cards on two occasions then were having a very different conversation.

I’ve got an open mind to Langer going forward, but I think it would be foolish to act is if this proves he’s a super coach and we should keep him on for another stint.

Amazing to see the flat track bullies win again, we would have won if we had Conway.

Just you wait until Stokes turns up for the Ashes, Stokes is a Kiwi/English monster that will smash the Aussies.

Stokes smash.
You hear that everyone? The Black Caps would have totally won if their South African import hadn't punched his bat and broke his hand. :thumbsu:

Depends on how you rank sides tbh. Whether you rank consistency or the ability to do it when it matters. I think India are the best side in Test cricket, and (I know this is a controversial opinion) Aus are a better test side than NZ given their performance in the Ashes in England and home and away results against the Kiwis the last time they played them. But the Kiwis did it when it mattered in the WTC final, so fair play to them.

Similarly I think England are by far the best white ball team of this generation and I think they have revolutionised the LOI game in this era. But for some reason, they seem to falter with their uber attacking brand of cricket in the knockouts and you could make a case NZ won the ODI world cup final, despite them not being particularly spectacular in the format like Eng were. India are very good in Test cricket but are chokers in LOI cricket, a bit like Graeme Smith's South Africa. Eng are not great in Test cricket to be all format contenders and neither are Aus spectacular in LOIs, this WC win notwithstanding. So yeah, NZ indeed are probably the best all format team combined, without them actually being the best in any of the formats, if that makes sense.
Agree with most of that. Might be my bias but I think Australia is a very good limited overs team though when we play our full team. We were top of the table pretty much the whole 2019 WC and a poor performance against a fired up England probably cost us the title. I don't think we're the best T20 team but considering we just won the World Cup, we must be pretty good. The top 5 T20 teams are all pretty even and can beat each other on their day. Also if Australia hadn't coughed up their over rate against India in the test series we would've played in the WTC final as well. I don't think NZ are the best team in any format but I think they're top 2 or 3 in every format and are always extremely consistent they're over achievers in World Cups.

Excellent win last night, Marsh has turned into an exceptional T20 player and it's a shame they tried to turn him into a much maligned test player so often. Zampa should have player of the tournament IMO, he is the most underrated T20 bowler in the world. Not just this tournament but he has performed consistently in this format for years now going under the radar taking big wickets and drying up runs.

Interesting question now, as the next World Cup is less than a year away. Seeing as regular players will be unavailable for bilateral series do we keep Stoinis and Wade lower down the order for the series for the World Cup or do we make use of them up the order, as they will be two of our two most important batsmen when Smith and Warner are out. We play a lot of cricket next year so it will be interesting to see how work loads are managed.

Did they all forget how he did the near impossible to retain the Ashes (we should really have won that series 3-1) only a few years ago away in England. We were always sh*t in T20 but hit the right form this WC, I'm still not sure why Smith, Hazlewood and to some extent Cummins is playing this format.
Hazelwood is a gun.
Smith should go.

After waking up, the best memory and meaning for me about this result were the sour Plugger sooks.
Love it.

All the bites I have got here from Aussie supporters with my comments has made our loss more bearable too.

The other thing that makes it more bearable is that the next T20 World Cup is only a year away so we don't have long to wait until we can redeem ourselves by beating Australia in the final of that tournament. It's not like the 50 over ODI World Cup where you have to wait for another four years.

Would have smashed you guys if Hazelwood didn't drop the simple catch when Williamson was on 21 off 21.......

If Hassan Ali didn't drop that catch off Wade in your semi final you may not have even made the final.

You hear that everyone? The Black Caps would have totally won if their South African import hadn't punched his bat and broke his hand. :thumbsu:

At least our South African import is good enough to play for our T20 team, your South African import has been back home playing for Queensland.

All the bites I have got here from Aussie supporters with my comments has made our loss more bearable too.

The other thing that makes it more bearable is that the next T20 World Cup is only a year away so we don't have long to wait until we can redeem ourselves by beating Australia in the final of that tournament. It's not like the 50 over ODI World Cup where you have to wait for another four years.
It's irrelevant anyway mate.
All that matters is the Tests and this....

If Hassan Ali didn't drop that catch off Wade in your semi final you may not have even made the final.

At least our South African import is good enough to play for our T20 team, your South African import has been back home playing for Queensland.
We only need 22 runs off 9 balls when Wade was dropped, Stoinis would have gotten them. Who would have made 64 runs off 27 balls in the NZ side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, it's only a year away from another finals loss. Hopefully, it's another Trans-Tasman final. Easy pickings for us. Always nice to add to this:

1636962378724.png
5-0*

It's irrelevant anyway mate.
All that matters is the Tests and this....

All that really matters is the Tests and NZ are the inaugural reigning world champions, Australia didn't even make the final.

NZ-WTC-Winners.jpg

Great scores by both country's.Wicket was a little slow.Maby an English kick up the backside was all we needed.
Great to see the Wade,Warner,Marsh take there performance to a higher level when required.
Saids something about the quality of the big bash.We can elevate players to the highest level,and win.
Though Adam Zampa was the player of the series.Really want to see Adam play some red ball cricket now.Could be a test bowler.

All that really matters is the Tests and NZ are the inaugural reigning world champions, Australia didn't even make the final.
Tests are the only thing that matters.... while having a record of 1 win in the last 30 tests against Australia.

You should really share that trophy with us. The only reason you fluked winning it was because of us.

Which means the inaugural one does not mean a lot because Kiwis were s**t against Australia in Tests any time they played them in this period.
5 Test losses in a row against Australia means this era means s**t as no outstanding team in any Test nation at the moment.

Tests are the only thing that matters.... while having a record of 1 win in the last 30 tests against Australia.

You should really share that trophy with us. The only reason you fluked winning it was because of us.

I have seen Bangladesh beat Australia in a test match as many times as what New Zealand has in my lifetime of 27 years

England should really share the ODI World Cup trophy with us since that final was actually a tie, if Australia made the Test Championship final and that match was a tie or a draw then maybe you could argue that you should share the trophy but you didn't so you can't, it's all ours.

England should really share the ODI World Cup trophy with us since that final was actually a tie, if Australia made the Test Championship final and that match was a tie or a draw then maybe you could argue that you should share the trophy but you didn't so you can't, it's all ours.

Maybe not selecting Martin Guptill in White ball finals is the real lesson you should take from that, has cost you two trophies.

Stokes smash.

You were never winning. No big game experience. Your only hope was if Pakistan beat us.
Stark got smaahed, if he had one or two wickets you wouldn't got passed 140.

Look at the highlights and the hitting. We hit the ball clean, you guys were manafacturing hitting.

It is what it is.

I don't really support Australia anymore, prefer brushing my teeth with sandpaper. However from a neutral perspective. Australia came to play a final and delivered. Made a spectacle of it. Played the format how it was designed.

Back