Club History Port Adelaide FC est. 1870 in Black and White

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how Martin Leslie's guernsey had to be different. The floppy white collar from out of nowhere and the extra number of stripes. What a cat.

MLeslie88.jpg

Thanks to www.fullpointsfooty.net/l.htm

Loved the wet suit he used to wear over his right shoulder. One of my all time favourite footballers, best remembered not playing for Port or Brisbane but smashing Dermie into kingdom come in the 1988 Bi Centenary SA v Vic State of Origin Carnival Grand final at Football Park

These photos are from the Mobil Footy Album, not sure which year this one is from but I'm guess around 62-65. I've written in the descriptions of the players as the book has it.

motley1.jpg

Geoff Motley

These are from the 1964 set. There was also a set in 1965 (Beaufoy, Elleway,Freeman, Motley) and again in 1971 (Darrell and John Cahill, Ebert, Haslam). BTW congrats on having "100 Years With The Magpies" nice item Very hard to find these days.

These are from the 1964 set. There was also a set in 1965 (Beaufoy, Elleway,Freeman, Motley) and again in 1971 (Darrell and John Cahill, Ebert, Haslam). BTW congrats on having "100 Years With The Magpies" nice item Very hard to find these days.

Yeah I have that one as well :thumbsu:

hey Rory is your Mobil footy album complete?? i inherited one but it is missing a few pics.

I'll seacrh around for some photos, i'm sure i have one of me and my cousin with david brown, and there might be an early 60's pic of me and bomber clifford. on of the best days in my life was having russell ebert take me into the port change rooms after a training session, i got so many autographs that day.

Hey guys, a bit off topic here and perhaps irrelevant but what did you think of the heritage round guernsey that you guys wore. Couldnt help but think it didnt look as good as the old one, shouldnt it have white bands around the shoulder bits ("arm holes" :p) and I reckon it definitely looks better as a lace up, the modern-day computer printed version just isnt quite the same. Not sure how to describe it, just look like a modern interprtation even though I know its the same design, cant put my finger on it. That said, I think it was good you guys wore it, and should be able to do so each heritage round (with some variations some years would obviously be good (other strips)) stuff eddie and the upsidown V-FL.

Hey guys, a bit off topic here and perhaps irrelevant but what did you think of the heritage round guernsey that you guys wore. Couldnt help but think it didnt look as good as the old one, shouldnt it have white bands around the shoulder bits ("arm holes" :p) and I reckon it definitely looks better as a lace up, the modern-day computer printed version just isnt quite the same. Not sure how to describe it, just look like a modern interprtation even though I know its the same design, cant put my finger on it. That said, I think it was good you guys wore it, and should be able to do so each heritage round (with some variations some years would obviously be good (other strips)) stuff eddie and the upsidown V-FL.

The one worn in 2003 was the 1914 Premiers/C.O.A guernsey, hence the difference with the more modern prisonbar variations.

42xwjro.jpg

The one worn in 2003 was the 1914 Premiers/C.O.A guernsey, hence the difference with the more modern prisonbar variations.

42xwjro.jpg
Righto, I'm sorry (but kinda glad :p) I dont know my Port History too well, any reason for not wearing the more well-known version? And are you sure you're a crows supporter? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have so many great photos - many from the 70's, but I cant load them up because they are not on a web page :( ......how do I get them up.

Have a great one of Greg Phillips in the umpires face, scott hodges, stephen williams - team photos, fos, bobby quin, bull, motley .......all the greats - the reason we have the right to wear black and white!!

I have so many great photos - many from the 70's, but I cant load them up because they are not on a web page :( ......how do I get them up.

Have a great one of Greg Phillips in the umpires face, scott hodges, stephen williams - team photos, fos, bobby quin, bull, motley .......all the greats - the reason we have the right to wear black and white!!

load them up onto something like Photobucket.. then you can copy them onto any webpage.

http://photobucket.com/

On Ya Shaz...:thumbsu:

Greg Phillips
GregPhillips2.jpg

Tim Ginever - holding up one of the many

TimGinever.jpg

Great Scott - Loved this bloke!!

ScottHodges.jpg

Just think, this man's daughter is going out with Jnr - ahhhhh the sons that could arrive under the father son rule - Hope I'am alive :D

GregPhillips.jpg

Harold Oliver - History is really just black & white hey;)
HaroldOliverThemark.jpg

I got heaps more and will do them later:D

Just think, this man's daughter is going out with Jnr - ahhhhh the sons that could arrive under the father son rule - Hope I'am alive :D

Shaun and Amy already have 1 son. Hang in there for 18 more years :D .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back