Game Day Round 1, 2023: Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the worst and most insipid performances I've ever watched. Truly a disgraceful display that solidifies us as spoon favourites. All the feel good noise from preseason has been flushed down the toilet.

It will be interesting to see how Mitchell spins this, or if he will tear shreds off them. Hopefully he can turn this into a real learning experience for the young guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, we’re just a work in progress.

I usually agree with you mate but it’s not the skills that are the problem, it’s the effort. We laid 3 tackles for the whole quarter in Q2 and now our players are just jogging while Essendon players are streaming forward. No pride in the jumper.

If we were getting done while trying, and it’s a breakdown of the plan/skills/personnel that’s fine, but this is plain putrid.

Game is well and truly done - now it’s about pride

Didn’t expect to win but what they’ve bought in the second half is really disappointing. Now they need to forget the score, regroup and play whatever the plan is that Sam has in mind and play it out to the final siren.

Ok all is not lost, lets see what the boys can ralley in the final qtr.

We need a big forward and a couple of pressure forwards. Please let Brockman, Butler and Serong get a run next week.

One of the worst and most insipid performances I've ever watched. Truly a disgraceful display that solidifies us as spoon favourites. All the feel good noise from preseason has been flushed down the toilet.

It will be interesting to see how Mitchell spins this, or if he will tear shreds off them. Hopefully he can turn this into a real learning experience for the young guys.
He will spin it in the post match and dust the players’ nuts.

Nothing more certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back