Collingwood apologise for booing

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm….so a coach is asked ‘What did you think about the boo’ing of Buddy’

Whats he supposed to say, ‘Who’s Buddy?’.😆😆

Man, Id hate to see you if he really cut loose and pointed the finger….you’d go blue! 😆😆😆

Nah…I refer back to my earlier post….you’re distinctly paranoid.

Me and the rest of society but not you it seems.

Whole Collingwood hierarchy captain coach, media, 90% of the social boards all got the inference.
But nah not you. You know he was just saying why boo bud for no reason.

Goodes didn't deserve to be boo'd every week for so long especially when he came out and said how much it hurt him.
However please don't try to rewrite history. He was a dirty dog and played on the extreme edge of acceptable.
He was a saint compared to someone like Hodge who was a straight up thug. Hodge didn't get boo'ed week in week out and in fact despite that and his drink driving charge was held aloft as 'a good bloke'. How often have you referred to Hodge as a dirty dog?

Yes and this is the other real issue here - inequality of fixturing. No team should go more than 3 years without having to play a specific other team away.

Collingwood did have a nominal "home" game against Sydney in 2020 however it was played at the Gabba due to Covid lockdowns.
Part of the issue was McGuire wanting a stand alone game in Sydney during the mid year bye round to get more eyes on the club. This was in the days where your first 6 games of the season were your double up games. The request for the stand alone prevented a return game in Melbourne. When that wrapped up we hit the COVID years. Unfortunately, so long as we continue to have untouchable blockbuster games and fixture requests, there will never be anything resembling equity in the fixture.

Legally it's the footballers workplace.

No-one is saying it's not, but there's a pretty bloody big difference between an office and a football field, despite the fact they're both workplaces. As much as i'd like to run full pelt at a couple of people in my office and tackle them to the ground, it's obviously unacceptable.

He was a saint compared to someone like Hodge who was a straight up thug. Hodge didn't get boo'ed week in week out and in fact despite that and his drink driving charge was held aloft as 'a good bloke'. How often have you referred to Hodge as a dirty dog?
Every man and his dog thought Hodge was a dirty dog, and we all celebrated the day he retired. He was a media gem. Don’t confuse what the corporate joes and the grant majority of fans think of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bottom line is that booing is fine if directed at a player who has just committed a thuggish act , other booing is just weak sheep following a small group of pricks.

Buddy has been a clean player and I don't think many Hawk fans booed Buddy when he left.

Fox Footy are running with:

‘Indigenous football great Eddie Betts says racism “isn’t up for discussion” and that only Lance Franklin can determine whether or not the boos he received were racially motivated.’

Only Franklin can determine someone’s motivation to boo.

That makes no sense. How does that work?

What a time to be alive.

‘Indigenous football great Eddie Betts says racism “isn’t up for discussion” and that only Lance Franklin can determine whether or not the boos he received were racially motivated.’

What a time to be alive.
It's all about the intent. The interpretation is merely up to the recipient. But that doesn't change the intent.

What a time to be alive.

It's all about the intent. The interpretation is merely up to the recipient. But that doesn't change the intent.
A guy on the field hears 30,000 people yelling at him every time he goes near the ball. How's he supposed to tell who's being a racist shit heel and who's doing it because they've only got one brain cell?

Just don't do it, it's not rocket surgery

Cool, so if you say “Hi Buddy, how are you” and he says “That’s racist” suddenly you are a racist?

Ok.
What a stupid response.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back