Autopsy 2023 Rd 19 5 wins in a row over 50 but injuries hit hard

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Eagles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dow is not a liability, he is our 6th or 7th best midfielder and performed his role extremely well today, do people really expect him to come in and replace Cripps or Cerra and have the same output as them ? I can tell you now it’s not going to happen.

If daicos and degoey were out of the pies side do you think they would expect finlay McRae to come in and replace their output?
Or if Oliver and petracca were out of Melbourne’s side should James Jordan come in and perform the same as them ?

People need to have some realistic expectations about what a teams 6th or 7th best midfielder is meant to provide Dow has bust his arse especially in the last 2 years and is providing exactly what we need from him whenever he has been given a chance.
Give Dow some more game time and let him get settled.

I wonder if that muppet Maynard is going to tell Carlton to being their A game, similar to how how he told port to being it. And they fell over the line. While we put our foot on their throat and crushed them.

if we bring our A game, the filth couldn’t handle it.

A pity about the injuries, but hopefully they aren't too serious. We did what we had to do, and had this crowd put away by quarter time.

Bring on the filth next. I'm confident that unlike the last time, we'll be competitive against them at the very least.

I'm not that interested in putting on a good show against Collingwood though. I want us to win, we can't let the filth of all teams end this unbeaten run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't give a stuff if he plays or not - just can't abide these poor insecure wannabes who are so desperate to to be proven right about a player - I'm the exact opposite of having an agenda - I follow the chosen team and don't have a pathetic sense of entitlement that makes me think I know better than the club

Are you talking about the club that hasn't played finals since 2013?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope JSOS is okay. Has been in good form, and for the time he was on yesterday, he knew Wet Toast wasn't up to it and was just waltzing out of contests like he was a slow motion Juddy haha.

Not questioning his hardness, effort or strength. Just saying his disposal can be ordinary, if he could tidy that up he'd be the complete player.
His disposal is too iffy at this level. He won the ball enough to have a bigger impact than he did. He still does not chase hard enough or is urgent enough to get the ball back from the opposition on turnover (his biggest weakness).

Good result yesterday. We were on in the first half, continued the pressure, ran hard and used the ball well. Eased off in the second, who knows whether it was sub conscious or by design to avoid further injuries or neither. Didn't think we were going to win by the amount we did so all good.

Walshy was absolutely killing it before injury, Georgey was back to his best (important in Chugga's absence), Charlie ruling the forward line, backline impassable. Once again, good contributions from the majority. Josh Honey and Lewis Young were the two most disappointing. Josh is there or thereabouts when the ball is to be won but he rarely wins a contest. Lewis appears timid in the contest and moves like treacle (no apparent urgency). We can't carry this into next week. Everyone has to play their part.

Nice to hear an opposition coach say the game was over at 1/4 time.
Seemed like Voss had us resting in the 2nd half.
The look on Simmo's face early in the game were priceless. As bad as the Eagles have been, seems they still didn't expect that first half.

I don’t see it with Paddy.

He’s not a “target” - why would Inhave one - bizarre comment.

I just don’t think he’s up to the standard. Can get it and struggles to dispose of it to advantage.

Don’t get me wrong I think we played well despite injuries before and during.

We played by far the worst team in the comp who only provided any type of pressure after half time.

Paddy spent the day on the ball - he’s just not not up to the standard.

How wil he go against top eight team pressure? Next week - all I see is turnovers coming.
Agree with this…Dow & honey, good vfl players

Back