Prediction Changes: Round 21 Vs Brisbane Lions + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

complete stupidity would be letting Hamling go at this point. Surely, there's a rookie spot or some other way to work it (the contract situation is not my strongpoint).

I can't see how the club can suggest that we are somehow meant to win a cup in the next 2 years, and then leave our first in KPD replacement depth up to kids that haven't hardly played a game. F me. That would be mind blowingly dumb.

I agree that Hamling would be handy next season, but where does that go?

Is it one season with Freo for $100,000 after being signed, delisted and taken on the rookie list?

If WC will offer $200,000 for a year they'll get him. If any club in Melbourne offers him $350,000 for a year or two they'll get him.

Hamling has one more contract in him, maybe, and that's it. It needs to be the best it can be. He should take it wherever it is assuming Lily is happy to take a one year old interstate.

Why though?
Cox is too timid/soft v Hipwood. This week would be the perfect approach for the 3 KPDs, and then swing Cox up forward.
Hamling doesn’t deserve to be dropped

Hamlings game on the weekend was better than anything Cox dished up in the 3-4 weeks prior to getting injured.

Prior to getting *more injured. He's been hobbled for a while prior to it getting worse.
As much as i'm a fan of Brennan's intercept marking - i dont like how he slows us down so much. I think this season he's been part of our problem with slow play. now he's probably getting instructed to do this by the coaches, but after taking a mark, it massively frustrating watching him waddle back to take his kick and just chipping it wide with no dare whatsoever.

As much as i'm a fan of Brennan's intercept marking - i dont like how he slows us down so much. I think this season he's been part of our problem with slow play. now he's probably getting instructed to do this by the coaches, but after taking a mark, it massively frustrating watching him waddle back to take his kick and just chipping it wide with no dare whatsoever.
I don't actually think he's that bad with decision making most of the time, and definitely better than our other key backs + ryan.

Ironically stat wise he's actually doing better in almost every aspect compared to last year.

I don't actually think he's that bad with decision making most of the time, and definitely better than our other key backs + ryan.

Ironically stat wise he's actually doing better in almost every aspect compared to last year.
I was never talking about Brennan's decision making or general stats, but often after an intercept mark he doesnt play on or move quickly. He waddles back to his mark and takes a cheap sideways kick to a free player - easy to make your efficiency look good doing that. Ryan is a different beast. His long bombs come more often than not because he gather's a lot of loose balls and just bombs it out.

After taking an intercept mark we need to be quicker and more daring. even using handball to release our back flanks. with more run from HB on the weekend we looked a different team.

I was never talking about Brennan's decision making or general stats, but often after an intercept mark he doesnt play on or move quickly. He waddles back to his mark and takes a cheap sideways kick to a free player - easy to make your efficiency look good doing that. Ryan is a different beast. His long bombs come more often than not because he gather's a lot of loose balls and just bombs it out.

After taking an intercept mark we need to be quicker and more daring. even using handball to release our back flanks. with more run from HB on the weekend we looked a different team.
This in where I've been pleasantly surprised with Wagner's efforts. He seems to have the capacity to turbocharge proceedings hardwired into his DNA.

In fact I'd say he's, currently, our most proactive mover and shaker from stop play we have. Disposal might need a bit of work, but his intent can't be questioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity we didn’t you know win more games

Seems like a vital part of playing finals footy hey.
If we win 11 games this season I’m gonna be pretty happy with that.

It’ll be a pretty decent outcome from what has been an extremely disappointing season and a great platform for 2024.

Seems like a vital part of playing finals footy hey.
If we win 11 games this season I’m gonna be pretty happy with that.

It’ll be a pretty decent outcome from what has been an extremely disappointing season and a great platform for 2024.
I thought we laid that platform a year ago, and again when we were winning before the bye, so as long as we look like we’re putting something together that isn’t upended by breaks between games, then yes that would be exciting

Lots of hugs in general though.

I know we're tight on list spots but we can't let him go when we don't have a ready replacement for one of Pearce/Cox next year. I'd honestly be happier losing Sturt than him. Sturt is a lot easier to replace with from our current list.
Goodness me. Sturt will be playing AFL for the next ten years while hamling might not ever play another game, conceivably.

Cox might not be the quickest to move the ball on but he’s a great distributor by foot and a decent interceptor too.
You are talking as it Hamling is providing drive and run from defence like Darcy Moore there. Joel is one of the slowest to move the ball on, much slower than Cox

It’s either possible or impossible. It’s possible.

it’s just extremely unlikely!
It doesn't take an outrageous sequence of events for us to finish the year in the finals mix... other than us running the card.

However, I'm just more interested in us bringing intense pressure in every one of the remaining four games, regardless of opposition. That we can control and it's something we can ingrain and take into next year.

It doesn't take an outrageous sequence of events for us to finish the year in the finals mix... other than us running the card.

However, I'm just more interested in us bringing intense pressure in every one of the remaining four games, regardless of opposition. That we can control and it's something we can ingrain and take into next year.
Making the finals based on this year would be one of the greatest Dockery of all time lol...🤣😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back