Autopsy AFL 2023 First Semi Final (Week 2) - Demons v Blues Fri Sept 15th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 33.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 73 36.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ve got a pretty narrow ******* memory. Played one of the best prelims ever a couple years ago but we’ll conveniently skip past that because it doesn’t suit your agenda.

He is an absolute superstar. One of the greatest ruckman of all time. Anyone who can’t see this just does not understand football. Ignore the trolls.

Melbourne were certainly better than last week. Moved the ball much better. Last week they were utterly putrid at times. Kicking at goal beat them again.

As for us, 12 months months ago we couldn't win a close big match to save ourselves, not we can't lose them. Not sure about next week though. Fresh Brisbane, Carlton banged up, playing sudden death matches for 3 months, tough to keep going, not sure about next week. Still, we keep finding a way somehow. Brisbane though looks a good step ahead of the top 4 and been my pick for a while for the flag.

He is an absolute superstar. One of the greatest ruckman of all time. Anyone who can’t see this just does not understand football. Ignore the trolls.
Was the best player in the comp for a 2-3 year period when Melbourne hit their straps. Still a top 5-10 player. Incredible player

Why are we even talking about scrubs like Grundy and Schache? Maybe we talk about Ben Brown then too. We were dominating Carlton all over the ground but just couldn't kick straight. 17 behinds says it all.
You pick ‘em you use ‘em. Hollands had four disposals in the last quarter, featured in the match winning passage and then laid a crucial tackle. Why would Melbourne go in with a second ruckman they didn’t use?

BTW - May was absolutely fantastic last night. Every club would like a Steven May. Max Gawn is also a superstar.

Why are we even talking about scrubs like Grundy and Schache? Maybe we talk about Ben Brown then too. We were dominating Carlton all over the ground but just couldn't kick straight. 17 behinds says it all.
So Grundy is a scrub now?. I won't bother going back to see what you said 12 months ago. He was an AA ruckman before doing his knee. You only have to look at his face to see how much he likes being coached by Mr Straight Sets.

You pick ‘em you use ‘em. Hollands had four disposals in the last quarter, featured in the match winning passage and then laid a crucial tackle. Why would Melbourne go in with a second ruckman they didn’t use?

BTW - May was absolutely fantastic last night. Every club would like a Steven May. Max Gawn is also a superstar.
Yeah May is a star - unfortunately if you constantly abuse your teammates or even occasional snot them - the value is a bit diluted.

So Grundy is a scrub now?. I won't bother going back to see what you said 12 months ago. He was an AA ruckman before doing his knee. You only have to look at his face to see how much he likes being coached by Mr Straight Sets.
Me? I never endorsed bringing Grundy to the club. I was highly critical of the decision. I'll happily take a draft pick around 30 for him. He's slow, makes poor decisions by hand and has no forward craft. He got exposed hard against essendon earlier on in the year when Gawn was out and since then I was happy to see the end of him.

Melbourne were certainly better than last week. Moved the ball much better. Last week they were utterly putrid at times. Kicking at goal beat them again.

As for us, 12 months months ago we couldn't win a close big match to save ourselves, not we can't lose them. Not sure about next week though. Fresh Brisbane, Carlton banged up, playing sudden death matches for 3 months, tough to keep going, not sure about next week. Still, we keep finding a way somehow. Brisbane though looks a good step ahead of the top 4 and been my pick for a while for the flag.
VERY good point.
Carlton's situation reminds me of the Richmond of 2014 /2015, we had to finish strong just to make the finals only to run out of juice.

Gawn also cost us the win with his misses though. And a reversal free when we had a shot for goal. A bad game by Max.

Why make a sub when we're dominating all over the ground and have momentum? That's the counter argument. All we needed was for someone to kick a goal and not 387 behinds and we win.

Gawn also cost us the win with his misses though. And a reversal free when we had a shot for goal. A bad game by Max.

Why make a sub when we're dominating all over the ground and have momentum? That's the counter argument. All we needed was for someone to kick a goal and not 387 behinds and we win.
all comes back to your crap forwards - if you didn't have snowflakes like Fritz trying to kick clinch goals you might win a final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah May is a star - unfortunately if you constantly abuse your teammates or even occasional snot them - the value is a bit diluted.
I went to see a Melbourne v Brisbane pre-season match at Casey Fields a few years ago and he whacked Jarrod Berry. A few Brisbane supporters remonstrated over the fence and he let rip with a very expletive laden response. My son, who was about seven said, “did you hear what he said dad?” to which I replied, “No, but let’s not worry about Steven May.”
As Roy and HG would say, “He was working BLUE.”

all comes back to your crap forwards - if you didn't have snowflakes like Fritz trying to kick clinch goals you might win a final
what a weird thing to say about a guy who literally kicked 6 in a granny and not far off the norm.

You beat us by 7 points because we didn't kick straight and now you act like your team is all that...

Clearly our forward line is an issue. When Petty got injured it made things dire. Then JVR got suspended then of course it's going to test us.

But your team got gifted 3 all-australian father-sons and 1 AA calibre player in Quaynor through the outdated NGA. This covered up all the cracks in your recruiting. So the pies would be a bottom 6 team without them so it's a little rich having a go about other teams lists.

what a weird thing to say about a guy who literally kicked 6 in a granny and not far off the norm.

You beat us by 7 points because we didn't kick straight and now you act like your team is all that...

Clearly our forward line is an issue. When Petty got injured it made things dire. Then JVR got suspended then of course it's going to test us.

But your team got gifted 3 all-australian father-sons and 1 AA calibre player in Quaynor through the outdated NGA. This covered up all the cracks in your recruiting. So the pies would be a bottom 6 team without them so it's a little rich having a go about other teams lists.
gifted? is the system not open to melbourne or aren't the genes up to it?

That kick from weiters was so elite.
So was the next kick from Hollands to Doc.
The replay was just on Fox and BT called that play and said the kick from Hollands wasn't great.
It was millimetre perfect. Elite from a 19yo 1st year player, in a high pressure moment in his first ever final.

So was the next kick from Hollands to Doc.
The replay was just on Fox and BT called that play and said the kick from Hollands wasn't great.
It was millimetre perfect. Elite from a 19yo 1st year player, in a high pressure moment in his first ever final.
I agree. BT really should know more about football. It was exquisitely weighted. The Melbourne player thought he had a chance to spoil, so he went for it, but in doing so his momentum took him past Doc and left him goal side and miles in the clear. To his credit Docherty didn’t blaze away, but assessed the situation perfectly. You had the 2 v 1 in the square, his kick was perfect and from that point, it was put down your glasses. Carlton were still in a great position, but it would have been harder if the Melbourne defender had been able to hold Docherty up.

Back