Autopsy AFL 2023 First Preliminary Final - Pies v GWS Fri Sept 22nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 28.5%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Giants unlucky, Kingsley outcoached us and that midfield made us look silly most of the night.

Our defence was massive and saved our bacon when the mids got flummoxed.

We won with a few contested marks and some spurts from key guts like Daics Goo and Pendles.

Some stinkers from the umps both ways, slightly favoured us in the end (especially in the second half when we had some dominant periods) which I guess comes down to the crowd. Everyone there was talking about how pumped the crowd were, and it seemed to feed onto the pitch.

Imagine e they make a GF and lose cause the umps are cowed by a Vic sides crowd? That's the real #VICBIAS, the MCG lock. Gotta fix that.

Giants have a balanced list and such great kids. I think they have years of finals ahead, imagine if they had another ruck or just one more gun defender. FMD they are coming.

Reading some different posts about umpiring etc.

I’m a one-eyed Giants fan and in the past there have been games I honestly felt we got the rough end from officials.

Tonight was not one of those times, both sides got good and bad calls and honestly the lack of free kicks made for a very exciting contest.

We tried our guts out, at times lacked a little composure but that was mainly because of the referred manic pressure which Collingwood put on us.

As with any game there was some good and bad luck but they were just a bit more clinical, their marking really hurt us and De Goey was a dead set machine tonight, that’s the closest thing I’ve seen to Dusty.

Getting so close bloody hurts, but halfway through the year we were looking at draft position not getting into a Grand Final. Getting so close is a great effort, it counts for nothing next year but hopefully the hurt is harnessed into extra motivation and we can get there.

Disappointed but bloody proud, we don’t have a lot of support and constantly ribbed about being “plastic” etc, hopefully the efforts this year can show the footy world and people especially in Sydney this is a bloody good club and well worth supporting.

First it wasn't an option, as it was a specials bet.
Second, I will NEVER put money on pies, EVER.

I have very rarely picked us to win for the past two years.
Last year against WC, this year against Hawthorn.

My money is no good, so I always back the opposition.

I may be poor, but at least I got us to a Prelim :D
I am still broke but now we are in a GF

Go pies

Reading some different posts about umpiring etc.

I’m a one-eyed Giants fan and in the past there have been games I honestly felt we got the rough end from officials.

Tonight was not one of those times, both sides got good and bad calls and honestly the lack of free kicks made for a very exciting contest.

We tried our guts out, at times lacked a little composure but that was mainly because of the referred manic pressure which Collingwood put on us.

As with any game there was some good and bad luck but they were just a bit more clinical, their marking really hurt us and De Goey was a dead set machine tonight, that’s the closest thing I’ve seen to Dusty.

Getting so close bloody hurts, but halfway through the year we were looking at draft position not getting into a Grand Final. Getting so close is a great effort, it counts for nothing next year but hopefully the hurt is harnessed into extra motivation and we can get there.

Disappointed but bloody proud, we don’t have a lot of support and constantly ribbed about being “plastic” etc, hopefully the efforts this year can show the footy world and people especially in Sydney this is a bloody good club and well worth supporting.
No one plays finals football as well as the Giants, fronting up every week in hostile environments and turning it on, need to hit the ground running next year and get a home final (or two)

Blues supporters acting like they are going to beat bris at the Gabba is cute. Worst forward line in the top 8 😂
You kicked 2 goals in a half of football in near-perfect conditions. Not even Melbourne's dysfunctional forward line is that bad...

Never in doubt. Even though the AFL tried!!
What are you talking about? The AFL sink decades upon decades and millions upon millions into making Western Sydney an AFL area only to bomb them out in finals to boost a club who is already the biggest in the nation. Losers on Bigfooty said so!

No one plays finals football as well as the Giants, fronting up every week in hostile environments and turning it on, need to hit the ground running next year and get a home final (or two)

Thing that always hurts the Giants is the Easter Show in March/April which takes away their ability for them to build on this performance at their home ground. As a new club not representing a specific area of Sydney, it’s hard to build anything in a concrete wasteland such as Olympic Park anyway.

Sam Taylor had an absolute stinker. how many dropped marks?

Kept going straight through his hands .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thing that always hurts the Giants is the Easter Show in March/April which takes away their ability for them to build on this performance at their home ground. As a new club not representing a specific area of Sydney, it’s hard to build anything in a concrete wasteland such as Olympic Park anyway.
Yeah need 11 home games in Western Sydney for starters imo

Giants unlucky, Kingsley outcoached us and that midfield made us look silly most of the night.

Our defence was massive and saved our bacon when the mids got flummoxed.

We won with a few contested marks and some spurts from key guts like Daics Goo and Pendles.

Some stinkers from the umps both ways, slightly favoured us in the end (especially in the second half when we had some dominant periods) which I guess comes down to the crowd. Everyone there was talking about how pumped the crowd were, and it seemed to feed onto the pitch.

Imagine e they make a GF and lose cause the umps are cowed by a Vic sides crowd? That's the real #VICBIAS, the MCG lock. Gotta fix that.

Giants have a balanced list and such great kids. I think they have years of finals ahead, imagine if they had another ruck or just one more gun defender. FMD they are coming.
Another strong forward is what we need. Aaron Cadman to develop over the next few years would fit that bill.

What are you talking about? The AFL sink decades upon decades and millions upon millions into making Western Sydney an AFL area only to bomb them out in finals to boost a club who is already the biggest in the nation. Losers on Bigfooty said so!

Millions of dollars to snag the The Nags Head Hotel in Glebe. Heartland of western Sydney! 😂

I hate the pies as much as anyone, but I cant see how ppl are complaining about the umpiring. I thought it had little impact on the result.

What annoys me more is how the pies have made it to the last game on so many very tight wins
vin-diesel-fast-and-furious.gif

Another strong forward is what we need. Aaron Cadman to develop over the next few years would fit that bill.
I'm terrified of the present line up. I don't like Greene but he cannot be stopped from scoring. Cardman looks such a class prospect, Riccardi is already good and Hogan is in a golden phase. The mids score too its fricking annoying.

I was discussing if you'd back up next year with my bros and nephew at the game and the consensus is top 4 next year. Then I said "what if they pinched Grundy?" And it was worrying.

2 clubs I don't want to get Grundy are Port and Giants.

Back