List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, and much as I appreciate your kind thought, Dard, it may have been preferable to post a warning along the lines of Diehard don’t open ABOVE the spoiler so I didn’t actually open it…..…..

just a thought 🤣
Noted. And being called a horse has made my week 🥰

It would be nice to see Mackie play hard ball and lose Esava to the PSD. I’d pay to watch that presser.
Geelong are in a situation where all the best players are at the age of retirement - Hawkins -36 , Dangerfield -34 , Bilcavs -33 , Duncan -33, Tuohy -34 and they don't have nothing really to replace these players so they are in for a world of hurt.
Even Stewart and Cameron will be 31 next year and playing on into to there mid 30s is really not common in AFL even though Geelong have proved this wrong.

The surely abuse the salary cap by having side deals with sponsors like Cotton on etc , the reason they are linked with Bailey Smith , Essendon and other clubs rort the system as well and for this reason I hope they blow up the same way West Coast have.

The talk of Billings going to the Cats burns me especially when people are saying we will pay some of his salary - Billings no matter what people think of him can play , he was 4th in the Fairest and Best in 2019 , was promoted into the leadership group the following year and he has shown in games he can turn it on with with 30 possession games however due to injury , the last 2 yrs have been unseen and when he has played has been underwhelming - but it is now up to the coaches and him to turn his career around , you never know Ross might get the venom into his game that he needs.

By all means if we got something for him worth it take it , but giving him away for nothing is stupid because at worst he is very good depth.

If we’re going to reach part IV we’re all gonna have to knuckle down, s**t post harder than ever before and mods are going to have to allow some borderline bannable posts and off topic chat.

I for one am up for the challenge.
Eye four Juan won’t tolerate any off topic chortle, George will get a DM reporting from me at the slightest infraction.

Noted. And being called a horse has made my week 🥰
Horse Bee GIF

Geelong are in a situation where all the best players are at the age of retirement - Hawkins -36 , Dangerfield -34 , Bilcavs -33 , Duncan -33, Tuohy -34 and they don't have nothing really to replace these players so they are in for a world of hurt.
Even Stewart and Cameron will be 31 next year and playing on into to there mid 30s is really not common in AFL even though Geelong have proved this wrong.

The surely abuse the salary cap by having side deals with sponsors like Cotton on etc , the reason they are linked with Bailey Smith , Essendon and other clubs rort the system as well and for this reason I hope they blow up the same way West Coast have.

The talk of Billings going to the Cats burns me especially when people are saying we will pay some of his salary - Billings no matter what people think of him can play , he was 4th in the Fairest and Best in 2019 , was promoted into the leadership group the following year and he has shown in games he can turn it on with with 30 possession games however due to injury , the last 2 yrs have been unseen and when he has played has been underwhelming - but it is now up to the coaches and him to turn his career around , you never know Ross might get the venom into his game that he needs.

By all means if we got something for him worth it take it , but giving him away for nothing is stupid because at worst he is very good depth.
Feel like if Billings went to Geelong he'd be just like Dahlhaus. Pretty meh despite glimpses at his previous club. Given the arse well before retirement age (especially by Geelong standards)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The (Current) Saints Under 23s*

B: Stocker - Van Es - McLennan
HB: Wang.-Mil. - Allison - Windhager
C: Henry - Phillipou - Byrnes
HF: Hotton - Caminiti - *****
F: Sharman - King - Keeler
Foll: Heath - Dow - Owens
*Sharman, King, Stocker all “overage” at 23. Dow is 24 (yesterday).

There’s gaps there, certainly… most notably a genuine CHB and in general depth, but there’s a fair bit to like.

Dow, Sharman, King, Henry, Stocker, Byrnes, Wanganeen-Milera, Owens, Windhager, Caminiti, and Phillipou have all shown they belong at the level to varying degrees… so that’s 11 of the 17 that are genuine AFL options.

Plug in the three draftees we’ll pick up and we’re looking at some ok depth for once.

Last edited:

*Sharman, King, Stocker all “overage” at 23. Dow is 24.

There’s gaps there, certainly… most notably a genuine CHB and in general depth, but there’s a fair bit to like.

Dow, Sharman, King, Henry, Stocker, Byrnes, Wanganeen-Milera, Owens, Windhager, Caminiti, and Phillipou have all shown they belong at the level to varying degrees… so that’s 11 of the 17 that are genuine AFL options.

Plug in the three draftees we’ll pick up and we’re looking at some ok depth for once.
Appreciate your work, Aldi Knightmare

* I really do 🥹

Appreciate your work, Aldi Knightmare

* I really do 🥹
At least he's giving it a fair go, we all know it must be hard for him growing up without any friends at Melbourne Grammar

At least he's giving it a fair go, we all know it must be hard for him growing up without any friends at Melbourne Grammar
Swing Miss GIF by MOODMAN

*Sharman, King, Stocker all “overage” at 23. Dow is 24 (yesterday).

I'm always interested in how we select the age for cut off in these posts.

Imo 28 or under gives a good 3 year projection (we look very bloody good in this regard)

26 or under good 5 year

23 gives us almost an 8 year outlook. Based on that the team you've named looks impressive as we have multiple years to build on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back